TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags America (SFA) Discussion Thread

Have you?

They don't have to put track in the plant's backyard, you know. Maybe Six Flags put in a special request to keep the track hidden from public view. No one really knows.

Have you?

They don't have to put track in the plant's backyard, you know. Maybe Six Flags put in a special request to keep the track hidden from public view. No one really knows.

True,but depending on how many projects B&M has going at the present time that may be easier said than done...so far they've got CWL,Dollywood possibly SFGRAM & possibly SFA & we all know that CWL's coaster is gonna require a LOT of track when compared to the others.

From the looks of the picture that is visible, the stand up looks like it has a Mantis or Chang style first drop, and it looks like you can make out the entrance to the first loop in the background of the bottom burn.

From the looks of the picture that is visible, the stand up looks like it has a Mantis or Chang style first drop, and it looks like you can make out the entrance to the first loop in the background of the bottom burn.

It's a recolored copy of the promo art that SFGRADV used for GL.

I started thinking about this again a few minutes ago while watching a video of Georgia Scorcher...

Back five or six years ago, I had thought how nice a coaster like Georgia Scorcher could fit into SFA- and that it would fit the area quite nicely...

Perhaps I'm pipe-dreaming, but IF it is a new B&M standup, could it be a clone of SFOG's Standup thriller? Just a hunch there...

Here we go, here we go!! Another clue!! Only a few remain before we make the big announcement about what's coming in 2012! =D

Looks like the first bit of the name or logo is beginning to peak through.

Going by the GL promo art the name should appear just to the right of the flatspin....I kinda thought about wether a GS clone could fit & I'm not so sure as the space between WO & Roar is pretty narrow but they could build it in such a way that it goes over the path into GC & uses the land up to were TOD is as that area is currently just green space right now.

Even if the ride does turn out to be a relocated Iron Wolf, it's still a good sign that Six Flags America has not been neglected and also could be a sign that improvements are going to start appearing there.

Even if the ride does turn out to be a relocated Iron Wolf, it's still a good sign that Six Flags America has not been neglected and also could be a sign that improvements are going to start appearing there.

You may be right on that one,but then again what with the way corporate has been only adding things sporadically to the park this may turn out to be one of those major rides they get about once every decade.

I have no doubt that if they can see an ROI on Iron Wolf, they'll start to invest in larger amounts. Why would they throw a huge, brand new coaster into SFA when they don't know how it's going to turn out? They need to see whether they've turned the park around enough to warrant investment. And I think this is step one.

I have no doubt that if they can see an ROI on Iron Wolf, they'll start to invest in larger amounts. Why would they throw a huge, brand new coaster into SFA when they don't know how it's going to turn out? They need to see whether they've turned the park around enough to warrant investment. And I think this is step one.

The park was doing rather well back in the early part of the last decade until the investments in new rides stopped...sure they could afford to go a couple of years between major attractions but when it became three or four years between additions(that were rather small compared to what others got) then the attendance dropped as even the locals grew tired of waiting for a major ride to come to the park.

The park was doing rather well back in the early part of the last decade until the investments in new rides stopped...sure they could afford to go a couple of years between major attractions but when it became three or four years between additions(that were rather small compared to what others got) then the attendance dropped as even the locals grew tired of waiting for a major ride to come to the park.

The problem wasn't that they didn't invest - it was that they invested too much in too little time. Roar in 1998; Great Chase, Joker's Jinx, and Two-Face in 1999; Superman in 2000; Batwing in 2001.

Six Flags WOA (Ohio/Geauga Lake) was even worse - Road Runner Express (Beaver Land), Knight Flight (Dominator), Superman (Steel Venom) and Villain all in 2000; and X-Flight in 2001.

By comparison, Six Flags Great America built Sprocket Rockets in 1998, Raging Bull in 1999, Deja Vu in 2001, Superman in 2003, and Ragin' Cajun in 2004.

Investing in so many major attractions in so little time helped Six Flags America in the short run, but became a liability in the long run. I'm sure they were having a lot of trouble making enough money to invest in a major attraction - even though Six Flags America is part of the Six Flags chain, it is still an individual park, and still has a bottom line.

And, let's be realistic here - if Six Flags America was performing as badly as we think it is, Six Flags would have dumped it by now.