TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags America (SFA) Discussion Thread

No. You're most likely getting Iron Wold and the Six Flags marketing department changed the colors on a previously used image of Green Lantern to use for promotional purposes on this coaster.

Ohhh, okay. That's better than nothing. If they give the ride new restraints, won't it make it smoother?

Second, is it possible that they could make two exits to this attraction? One that leads back out into the Pirate area and another that leads back into the former Thomas Town themed area? That way you would't always have to walk around, just to see something that is right behind you.

No. You're most likely getting Iron Wold and the Six Flags marketing department changed the colors on a previously used image of Green Lantern to use for promotional purposes on this coaster.

Ohhh, okay. That's better than nothing. If they give the ride new restraints, won't it make it smoother?

Second, is it possible that they could make two exits to this attraction? One that leads back out into the Pirate area and another that leads back into the former Thomas Town themed area? That way you would't always have to walk around, just to see something that is right behind you.

Restraints don't make the ride rough. If they do change the restraints to something softer, then sure, it would make the ride a bit better. But Iron Wolf needs wheel adjustments or something to make the overall layout smoother. And I'm guessing by how Chang got rougher when turned into Green Lantern, I doubt Iron Wolf would get any smoother.

Restraints don't make the ride rough. If they do change the restraints to something softer, then sure, it would make the ride a bit better. But Iron Wolf needs wheel adjustments or something to make the overall layout smoother. And I'm guessing by how Chang got rougher when turned into Green Lantern, I doubt Iron Wolf would get any smoother.

Wow, I never knew Chang got rougher. Well, I guess that says it.

Now on to the next. Is it likely for SFA to put Iron Wolf in Skull Mountain's spot? Or will Skull Mountain become a un-used area like Two-Face's land is? Here is the only reason I ask that. If they aren't going to give us a new coaster in 2013, they could use Skull Mountain's spot for another type of water attraction. Other than Two-Face's old spot, they could put Iron Wolf in Gotham.

New restraints won't help a ride with poor tracking to begin with...IW was B&M's first solo effort so at that time they hadn't fully perfected their ride engineering quality that they'd later become known for.I rode vortex at carowinds in early august & while it had the newer style B&M standup restraints it was still a rough ride & that's a coaster that was built two years after IW.

^^I don't understand all these complaints about Green Lantern being rough - it's one of the smoothest rides I've been on. Honestly. Maybe if you go limp and let yourself be a ragdoll you'll get thrown around, but if you loosely hold on and just ride the ride, it's perfectly smooth.

And from what everyone's been saying, hopefully Iron Wolf will see a train upgrade. If that's the case, it should be pretty decent.

^^I don't understand all these complaints about Green Lantern being rough - it's one of the smoothest rides I've been on. Honestly. Maybe if you go limp and let yourself be a ragdoll you'll get thrown around, but if you loosely hold on and just ride the ride, it's perfectly smooth.

And from what everyone's been saying, hopefully Iron Wolf will see a train upgrade. If that's the case, it should be pretty decent.

That's exactly what I was thinking. New trains are an easy perk they can thrown in with a relocated ride. I think it's going to be a decent ride to tie us over until our next attraction. Sense there trains sit 4 people wide, the line should move quick with a fast ride team.

I'm not trying to make assumptions, but when people see the commercial for a new ride for this park, they are going to slam the parking lots and the park is going to be just like it was when we received Two-Face, Joker's Jinx, Superman and Batwing. And that means opening day the park is slammed with people. Lines for the other rides will probably be rather short and everyone will be at the new one. Sense this is the first coaster we have had since 2001, it will probably get it's own store and everything.