TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags America (SFA) Discussion Thread

I'm glad to see SFA is rehabbing Iron Wolf; Although I had no issues with it on my last trip to it (08), I think that the rehab will really make it shine again.

Let's hope that SFA doesn't botch it, though- With the right effort, this could be the coaster the park has been looking for- in whatever format/name it comes out as.

Another one!!

Looks like the train colors will be brown....IW's trains are silver but of course they could repaint them & the track color appears to be a yellow/orange color.I really wonder now that I think about it if those are the train colors on GA scorcher? of course they could just use that ride's photo in the marketing hints kinda like they used a shot of Medusa east back in 02 for Scream's announcement.

Just got read from their facebook page. "I know everyone's been burning to find out what's coming to Six Flags America next year... Well if you can stand to wait just a little bit longer, I'll be posting some hints within the next hour!!!" So lets see the clues. Standing (well duh) and "BURNING" to find out. Hmmm....

Another one!!

Looks like the train colors will be brown....IW's trains are silver but of course they could repaint them & the track color appears to be a yellow/orange color.I really wonder now that I think about it if those are the train colors on GA scorcher? of course they could just use that ride's photo in the marketing hints kinda like they used a shot of Medusa east back in 02 for Scream's announcement.

If one looks REALLY closely at the coaster, just below the tracks, one can see sparks flying. Also, the color of the track and trains appears to be made to look like rusted metal. Or at least the hot, slightly glowing metal you see in STEEL MILLS plus the "project 12" which most likely means 2012, is located in a buzz saw shaped sircle. Looks like they're either going with an industrial theme, or an apocalypse theme due to it being 2012 (a year which has apocalyptic overtones to ancient civilizations). So excited to find out!

^ Tell me about it. I guess somebody's got to do it.

But about this coaster... Iron Wolf has a lot of potential. Its layout is fascinating, I think, especially with its woodsy location in the back of Great America. I've just always been knocked unconscious by the restraints so I've never been able to fully enjoy it while riding.

Like I posted before it looks like they're using scorcher in the media campaign for the ride...what you're seeing as sparks below the train is probably just the sunlight in the background & will probably be revealed in further detail as they start revealing more hints.

BTW is anyone else having trouble with the boards today?I can't even view the boards on IE9,all I get is just a black screen with a disney ad in the upper left corner & had to use firefox instead.

Maryland Scorcher? Put your feet to the fire?

I'm all for a new stand-up being built, but is it really a good idea to theme it the same way as a ride only a few states below?

I'm probably completely wrong.

^ Hahaha, well Maryland was certainly scorching this past July-- heat index of 130 F in some parts (*cough cough* where I was working *cough*)

As for the possibility of it being similar to Georgia Scorcher, I doubt most of the people who visit SFA (aka the GP from the area) have even heard of it, let alone SFoG. Heck, it doesn't matter to me! I'm just happy that my home park is finally getting a major attraction. I hope that this marketing campagin means that the ride will have a definitive theme/theming, other than just the paint job.

I agree with a few other post. I don't understand why they would call it something like Maryland Scorcher. Georgia Scorcher sounds better because the state of Georgia is generally hotter than Maryland on a day to day basis. Maryland can get humid at times, but the temperature is generally in the 80's or 90's. We're not really known for our heat being unbearable. Georgia, Texas, Arizona and Vegas and generally scorching, but not Maryland.

Has it been confirmed that they are going to build it where Skull Mountain was? I know it makes logical sense to build it there, but could they possibly just make that area a new place for games, show and stores and then stick the new ride in Gotham?

I think it'll have the rumored Apocalypse theme..kinda makes sense with all the fire and the skull that could be hinting or death, or just that it'll be in Skull Island. And with IW's layout an apoco theme could work great in the second half with the ride flying through debris and burned burned buildings, cars, etc.