TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags America (SFA) Discussion Thread

While I'd like to see Iron Wolf stay, especially if it got new trains, it makes sense to remove it, although, like has been said, SFA people won't be happy to be getting a used coaster.

SFA isn't going to promote it as being a "used" coaster. Despite this news of Iron Wolf leaving SFGAm this should be looked upon as great news for SFA. How long have people been complaining about the need for a new coaster at that park? I'd surely take IW over KD's Shock Wave anyday, especially if they get the Georgia Scorcher-style trains.

Maybe they could just fix up Roar a little and add MF trains to it. That would be a substantial improvement! To be honest, any kind of large scale coaster in that spot where SM was is just gonna look tacky. It is right in the middle of everything else. A small footprint ride is what needs to go there. Save the next biggie for out back around Superman and Batwing.

If (or maybe I should say when) Iron Wolf goes into that spot between Wild One and ROAR!, SFA is going to look a lot like an American version of Nasu Highland, except the coasters won't be in technicolor.

A reader sent in a screen capture showing off a permit application apparently filed by Six Flags America the other week for a “Stand Up Coaster” that they came across on the local government website (verified). So consider this the near confirmation that Iron Wolf is coming.

http://screamscape.com/html/six_flags_america.htm

Edited by ernierocker

A reader sent in a screen capture showing off a permit application apparently filed by Six Flags America the other week for a “Stand Up Coaster” that they came across on the local government website (verified). So consider this the near confirmation that Iron Wolf is coming.

That could be for the 140ft tall standup that was replaced by Batwing 11 years ago....it was attraction #37 on the original 99 DSP for the park.I so wish I could find the printout I made of that list years ago.

That could be for the 140ft tall standup that was replaced by Batwing 11 years ago....it was attraction #37 on the original 99 DSP for the park.I so wish I could find the printout I made of that list years ago.

The date of the permit is July 14, 2011.

I think he meant that the alleged plans that were shelved in favor of Batwing would be making their return, however, with all the chatter about Iron Wolf going to Maryland, I don't think a decade old idea would be resurrected.

I think he meant that the alleged plans that were shelved in favor of Batwing would be making their return, however, with all the chatter about Iron Wolf going to Maryland, I don't think a decade old idea would be resurrected.

Sadly that's a likely probability.

Perhaps if this relocation goes over well then maybe they''l add other new rides as well,like a new coaster to replace two face in SWT.

Could it be possible that theyre getting the six flags astroworld standup thats been in storage for all these years up at DL, and not iron wolf ?

No as A: that ride is no longer in repairable condition & B:SFI no longer has ownership of it.

They could always be getting a new compact standup design from B&M,after all didn't someone report seeing B&M reps in the park a while back? & just because B&M havn't been building new standups lately doesn't mean they havn't gotten orders from parks for one.

Could it be possible that theyre getting the six flags astroworld standup thats been in storage for all these years up at DL, and not iron wolf ?

No as A: that ride is no longer in repairable condition & B:SFI no longer has ownership of it.

They could always be getting a new compact standup design from B&M,after all didn't someone report seeing B&M reps in the park a while back? & just because B&M havn't been building new standups lately doesn't mean they havn't gotten orders from parks for one.

I couldn't agree more, why would six flags move a 21 year old coaster that's pretty famous for being the first B&M. It's been a GAm staple an it's not like the ride rotation program is still around. I obviously don't know intimate knowledge and wouldn't put it past them, but a new design is fairly likely also. It also would be more marketable i imagine

And who says it has to be compact, they still have all that land back by superman and it's not like there's a ride in the way anymore this is really exiting, i can't wait to see how it turns out

^While they do have plenty of land then why remove SM in the first place? they could easily put a new ride in between batwing & ROS without the added demolition costs for the water ride so my guess is that it would have to fit in that specific space that SM currently takes up.

Even with this coaster coming(whatever it is) it will still take a LOT of work on SFI's part to turn the park around to make me want to return,for starters remove the l0kerz & the paid line jumping system & continue adding new rides & coasters on a consistent basis like they did in the beginning & then I just might consider coming back & giving the park another chance.

^While they do have plenty of land then why remove SM in the first place? they could easily put a new ride in between batwing & ROS without the added demolition costs for the water ride so my guess is that it would have to fit in that specific space that SM currently takes up.

I actually thought the same thing. before they announced they were removing skull mountain, for fun, i designed a coaster in no limits for the park and that is the sight i chose for the ride!

i don't know why they didn't use that, doesn't make much sense i mean they have plenty of space in that huge fields on both sides of the partway and could easily put a new ride, uggg, well i don't make those choices so whatever.

I couldn't agree more, why would six flags move a 21 year old coaster that's pretty famous for being the first B&M. It's been a GAm staple an it's not like the ride rotation program is still around.

Screamscape is saying the ride rotation program is probably going to return with Iron Wolf likely going to SFA and rumors of Deja Vu going to SFNE.

Even with this coaster coming(whatever it is) it will still take a LOT of work on SFI's part to turn the park around to make me want to return,for starters remove the l0kerz & the paid line jumping system & continue adding new rides & coasters on a consistent basis like they did in the beginning & then I just might consider coming back & giving the park another chance.

First, if you would use some common sense you would understand why they took the ride out. It had problems that just didn't make it worth the investment anymore.

Second, quit acting like your ever going back to the park. You know they are never going to remove Flash Pass. The park has drink stands where you can put your drink cups on each riding platform and the only rides with l*o*c*k*e*r*s are Batwing, Superman, Joker's Jinx and Wild One. For a $1.00 you get two hours piece of mind insurance that your stuff isn't going to walk off. It was also until the staff as improved. That issue has been addressed. New management has been brought in, the park looks better than ever and runs the best it has ran in the nearly 10 years I have been going to it. Not to mention a 97% guest satisfaction rating. As for the rides, you keep changing your story. First it was until they add a new coaster, well guess what it appears their building that B&M that you have wanted for so many years. Now it's rides and coasters on a consistent basis. You know what, I'm convinced you wouldn't return if they built a clone of El Toro.

You live within a hour drive of the park and refuse to give the park a day visit on a yearly basis.

Edited by airtime

I couldn't agree more, why would six flags move a 21 year old coaster that's pretty famous for being the first B&M. It's been a GAm staple an it's not like the ride rotation program is still around.

Screamscape is saying the ride rotation program is probably going to return with Iron Wolf likely going to SFA and rumors of Deja Vu going to SFNE.

You know what that means! When rides are going to be added, specifically coasters, they are not going to be designed to fit an area in a way that makes the ride more interesting, but in a way that makes it easily removable and easy to fit elsewhere..

SFMM is getting rid of their DV? I thought the only reason they kept it was for the count.

SFMM is getting rid of their DV? I thought the only reason they kept it was for the count.

Who ever said that they were......its just a rumor.