TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags America (SFA) Discussion Thread

This was a great flume ride and one of the most unique rides at SFA, a park full of clones. Sad to see it go, but the ride had so many problems with staying open. I've been to SFA 5 or 6 times and only got to ride it on one occasion. The first time that day we were evacuated after burning in the sun for 15 minutes and the second time we were stuck at the top of the last drop for 5 minutes with kids screaming in the seats in front of us. I'm not sure why the ride has so many problems...it was the only Intamin in my limited experience that truly lived up to the "Intamin curse."

I love this ride! It is kinda boring - but I LOVE flumes. All of my friends used to hate going to the park with me because they knew that I had to get on this ride and almost none of them liked it. It would have been so much better if they would have made the tunnels more themed or had scenes like in Pirates in DW. Heck at halloween time they could have had people in the tunnels to scare you. I was very upset when they stopped the ride from going backwards during the first drop.

YET AGAIN we are getting something removed from this park with NOTHING going in. This is going to put a big hole in the park. It is not like they need room for coasters. There is soooooooo much open space in this park. This park has LOST so many rides over the last few years and it sucks. I know they are getting 'new' slides this year - but in reality all they are, are the ones they used to have re done and re themed. It has been years since this park has gotten a coaster and that sucks.

^

This just in from Six Flags America....

Six Flags America prepares final voyage for Skull Mountain

Good morning Robb,

Six Flags America announces the retirement of Skull Mountain, a unique hybrid coaster/ water flume. The ride’s last day of operation will be Sunday, July 10. The park is planning to use the space for a new project in 2012 and I’ll be announcing more information on that in the coming months.

Skull Mountain is an incredibly unique ride. I think your audience might be interested in hearing that it’s scheduled to “Walk the Plank” next month. Would you kindly share the news?

Thanks very much for your consideration.

YET AGAIN we are getting something removed from this park with NOTHING going in. This is going to put a big hole in the park.

Six Flags America announces the retirement of Skull Mountain, a unique hybrid coaster/ water flume. The ride’s last day of operation will be Sunday, July 10. The park is planning to use the space for a new project in 2012 and I’ll be announcing more information on that in the coming months.

Reading is FUNdamental!

EDIT: ^ quicker on the draw.

I really wish they would of kept the ride, because I liked where this thread was before the news came out.

The only thing I'm worried about for next year's addition is a River Battle. Nobody goes to SFA and nobody will ride that and it won't be fun because there's no people on it.

You are on a roll.

I really wish they would of kept the ride, because I liked where this thread was before the news came out.

You liked this thread .

At least SFA fans who can read don't have anything to bitch about anymore. Though, as they've proven, reading is a challenge for a couple of them.

During the park's preview day in March, they said there may be a big new attraction coming in 2012, but they didn't mention they would be removing another ride to accommodate it, nor did they let on what it might be.

Too bad; Skull Mountain was a really cool ride--and that's coming from someone who normally hates water rides. I've actually seen it closed only a handful of times, and I assumed it was because of weather since it was always toward the cooler beginning or end of the season. Then again, my family and I seem to be the only people on Earth who have consistently good experiences at this park, so I guess I shouldn't be too surprised that it was up and running perfectly every time we wanted to ride it.

You liked this thread .

At least SFA fans who can read don't have anything to bitch about anymore. Though, as they've proven, reading is a challenge for a couple of them.

lol lol I think he meant he liked the fact the the thread was hidden from view...lol

I cannot find a pov of the ride before the changes! Can someone point me to that direction?

It was a cool ride, I'll give it that. I won't be sad to see it go however. Whatever they replace it with is hopefully more reliable, not to mention a new credit It would give me a reason to head back out that way again instead of driving two hours to KD or BGW.

Ugh. Those pics of the Zoomazon falls make it look like SFA has actually DONE SOMETHING KIND-OF RIGHT. And what's worse, they're moving towards putting in a new attraction.

Crap.

If they keep this up I'll have to find new reasons to hate SFA other than just pure suck-factor.

I always had pretty good luck with this ride including short lines. I enjoyed it. The station theme was pretty good considering its home park. I do remember it was down far more the it worked.

2012 ... I agree with a DDD like at SFoG or something on a smaller less expensive scale. I would love to be shocked with something major and relevant though like an Intamin Blitz.

I always had pretty good luck with this ride including short lines. I enjoyed it. The station theme was pretty good considering its home park. I do remember it was down far more the it worked.

2012 ... I agree with a DDD like at SFoG or something on a smaller less expensive scale. I would love to be shocked with something major and relevant though like an Intamin Blitz.

Well if the park would just spend money on adding new rides then they'd see an ROI,they were on somewhat of a good path 15 years ago until Burke got it into his head that only SFMM,SFGADV & SFGRAM were the only three parks deserving of major rides year after year....granted in addition to rides they could've gone a longer way toward improving the overall guest experience which was sacrificed in favor of those early large ride installations that came along with the SF rebranding in 99.

Only ever got one ride on Typhoon, but thought it was fun. I haven't been to SFA since 2003 (and that was a buyout day) and just have no desire to visit again. I don't see them adding anything major to this park, as I still think it's CondoLand when real estate prices turn around.

dt

I was looking on Google Maps and with the space that this took up, there could easily (though I'm not sure how cost effective it will be) be a path leading to the Flying Coaster helping to create a "loop", though connecting it to Thomas Town would be a challenge.

Maybe you guys will get a Green Lantern spinning thing, those are pretty small.

I cant believe Skull Mountain is closing and I never got a chance to enjoy it...

EDIT: Did TPR ever do an on ride video of Skull Mountain? I am just curious that's all...

Edited by PeterIt