TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Did you know that Rhino Rally was the worlds first 3d coaster" (InsanityFreak)

Interesting...I never thought Rhino Rally was anything like a coaster. Since I've ridden it, can I count it as a credit?

Eric

did you know... two of the main reasons for the rhino rally water portion being broken are -

1) the water contains chemicals that keep the track and rovers from rusting. now keeping in mind the ride has proxies under the water that monitar the location of each train. not only was it a bad idea to put something elecrtical under the water but the chemicals eat away at the proxies and causes elecrtical shut downs.

2) the 3d-ish nature of rhino rally has the third running rail within the trough. the purpose of this (cam pipe, as its called) is to turn the pontoon back and forth to simulate the feeling of a real run away pontoon.

(yes, rhino rally was built by vekoma. it is a complete track circuit that includes two drops and a lift hill!)

THIS IS SO COOL! how do you know this? Is there anyways they can change that?

I rode RR today and the water portion was more fun. I think that they should perhaps add some type of special effects and make the rapid area more....well...rapid like. lol

"Did you know that Rhino Rally was the worlds first 3d coaster" (InsanityFreak)

Interesting...I never thought Rhino Rally was anything like a coaster. Since I've ridden it, can I count it as a credit?

Eric

did you know... two of the main reasons for the rhino rally water portion being broken are -

1) the water contains chemicals that keep the track and rovers from rusting. now keeping in mind the ride has proxies under the water that monitar the location of each train. not only was it a bad idea to put something elecrtical under the water but the chemicals eat away at the proxies and causes elecrtical shut downs.

2) the 3d-ish nature of rhino rally has the third running rail within the trough. the purpose of this (cam pipe, as its called) is to turn the pontoon back and forth to simulate the feeling of a real run away pontoon.

(yes, rhino rally was built by vekoma. it is a complete track circuit that includes two drops and a lift hill!)

THIS IS SO COOL! how do you know this? Is there anyways they can change that?

I rode RR today and the water portion was more fun. I think that they should perhaps add some type of special effects and make the rapid area more....well...rapid like. lol

did you know if you post on a db like this and AB finds out, your pretty much screwed? take a note sam06pr! just a friendly reminder

I bet you did not know

The spooky voice that narrates the Haunted Mansion ride is also the voice of the Pillsbury doughboy! Paul Frees supplied the voice for these, as well as some of the pirates on the Pirates of the Caribbean and most of the characters in “Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln, though he did not supply Abe Lincoln’s voice.

At the end of the Star Tours ride, just as your star speeder is about to crash into a fuel truck, a man in the control booth ducks down, then stands up and picks up the phone. The man is George Lucas!

At the end of the Star Tours ride, just as your star speeder is about to crash into a fuel truck, a man in the control booth ducks down, then stands up and picks up the phone. The man is George Lucas!

Actually it's not George Lucas but Ira Keeler, one of the special effects people from Industrial Light & Magic that helped in making Star Tours...though he does look like George Lucas.

Did you know that there are remnants of The Country Bear Jamboree on The Many Adventures of Winnie The Pooh at Disneyland? As you are exiting the heffalumps dream sequence room look up and behind you and you can see the heads of Buff, Max, and Melvin from Country Bear Jamboree. In order to be able to see them you have to be sitting in the first 2 rows.

Countrybearjam_heads.jpg.4a5f2fb33ca3ab774aa83abad93816b2.jpg

^Way to get the post count to 100!! Just kidding.

Did you know that The Scenic Railway at Luna Park Melbourne, built in 1912, is the world's oldest continually running roller coaster. (And I missed the credit when I was there in December because it was down for refurbishment!)

Did you know that there are remnants of The Country Bear Jamboree on The Many Adventures of Winnie The Pooh at Disneyland? As you are exiting the heffalumps dream sequence room look up and behind you and you can see the heads of Buff, Max, and Melvin from Country Bear Jamboree. In order to be able to see them you have to be sitting in the first 2 rows.

Did you know I LOVED finding this out when I was there!! I like little things like this, tributes to previous attractions: like Mr Toad handing the deed over in Owl's house in Pooh at WDW too.

The only B&M coaster capable of running 3 trains, with 7-coach trains is Superman Ultimate Flight at Six Flags Over Georgia? Every other B&M model that has 3 trains are standard 32 passenger trains.

Nope, lol.

Air can run 3 trains of 7-coaches, which it also does with two stations.

Dragon Khan can also run 3 trains of 7.

Did you know that Dollywood use to have a working FM radio station? It was called WDLY. It broadcasted throughout the region from a small building in the park near the fountain at the Celebrity Theatre, playing country, gospel, and bluegrass music.

Guests could walk up to the DJ booth and watch the live on-air broadcasts taking place through a large window. Sometimes the guests were invited in to talk with the DJs or pick the next song to be played.

Did you know that Canada's Wonderland was originally supposed to open with a Gold Rush themed area called "Canadian Frontiers" but due to budget over runs the entire land was postponed and obviously never built.