TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Photoshop Contest: X2 Effects That Didn't Make The Cut

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^ But this is a Photoshop Competition - that looks like Joey went to the trouble of actually building a scale replica!

Some brilliant (and hilarious) entries appearing in here, I'd hate to be judging this competition!

Matt

FYYI, I'm going to stop accepting entries at or around Noon EST tomorrow (May21st). So if you want to enter, the time to post your entry is now! Also, if you've posted more than one entry, be sure that you label the one you want to be entered into the voting as "Official Entry #1", otherwise you might be left out.

I'll get the voting set up either Wednesday or Thursday (I'm travelling so it might not get finished until I reach my destination on Thursday). There have been lots of good entries, and thanks everyone for paticipating!

dt

Official Entry!

SFMM originally wanted to scrap the spinning seats on X2, only to replaced them with the spinning "Claw".

I had some creative input from a friend of mine not on the site, so his name is credited on the photo with mine!

finish.jpg.12bac74ef417bb30fed5a89abacfa3a3.jpg

Official Entry

With nothing but paint and todays delaine this was thrown together at work. With a commentary no less (this was easy to pass of as work) so im not surprised it looks like more work went into that.

When Six flags Magic Mountian wanted to beef up their worlds first 4th Dimension Coaster they contacted us to see if we could shed any light onto it. And in no less than 24 hours, my team of budding brain cells put forwards a very compelling proposal to the big wigs at Magic Mountain.

The concept was simple. Pies.

Forget interactive laser shooting rides, no longer would riders be the hunters, they would be the targets of real ammo. And just like spinning coasters each ride will never be the same.

New cars were always in the works so we thought why not get them to add not add pie launchers to some of the cars which could fling them in all 4 dimensions. Here are a list of recommended changes:

• Pie launchers will be installed on some of the chairs, reducing capacity but increasing the mayhem
    A Pie Shower to rain down on the train
    The trains will be named Blueberry & Redcurrent
    During the halloween season pies could be filled with maggots
    Would appleal to and apease many ACERs out there
    As the trains manouverd the course it would create its own Ticker Taper Parade - but with Pastry!

Dispite all of this it never made the cut, and here are a few reasons why you wont get to experience 'Pie: The Ride'

• The paint job would look how it used to be
    Universal studios is already doing the simpsons thing
    Jonhhy rockets didnt want another food attraction stealing there thunder for the year.

As this got canceled we wanted to present our idea to you so you can gasp at what almost was.

If the Monster Raving Looney Party can run for goverment then this is just as valid as the next entry

x2pie.jpg.02bde8ad35c05351b06b620319113195.jpg

Official Entry - Get Pied