TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

I’ve heard a rumor that many coaster enthusiasts like collecting coaster parts such as wheels, bearings, wood, etc. I’m sure most of us all remember the Vekoma Wheel at Knott’s Solace a few years back…

How exactly do you obtain those? S&S has an official web site with a list of people to E-Mail for sales of parts and rides, but I doubt they would give you a wheel just for asking, unless they really thought you might be a park representative and not just an ACEer looking for coaster souvenirs. It’s been reported that some ACEers have stolen parts of coasters in storage, but I don’t want to risk jail by trying to do that myself.

I can just imagine the E-Mails these companies get every day:

Dear Mr. Vekoma Sales Manager,

Sorry to bother you, but our boomerang needs a wheel change in row 4.

Yours truly,

ACEer Joe

Even inside my head the words sound stupid…

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Many parks give old useless parts away to coaster enthusiasts.

At our DVD Premiere Party in January SFMM gave us all parts of Flashback!

I have too much CRAP sitting in my garage and I need to get rid of it, but it's all way to heavy to ship out.

You can buy them from the company for sure.

They aren't going to care who you are if you actually own a park- you're a paying customer.

Nobody in their right mind would do so however, because anything that resembles anything significantly "coasterish" and isn't just a generic bolt, would cost a few hundred £/$

Most people just get worn out bits from handouts/raffles at Coaster Club events

If you want some wood from the awesome Sierra Tonante they will sell it but I have no idea about when and its costs. If you are interested let me know and I'll post here again when I know more.

Knott's Berry Farm sells old pieces of Ghostrider wood in blocks. It comes with a "Collectible coin" and is about ten bucks.

Yes.. I bought a piece.

I have a piece of wood from The Riverside Cyclone the first year it opened. They cut up the extra wood and put a metal placque on it.

I also have a wheel from the Idora Wildcat, but that came when I bought the whole car at an auction back in 1984. The car has since been sold.

I know that an ACE member from Erie PA has the Wild Mouse coaster from Conneaut Lake Park that he purchesed from auction in parts in his backyard.

I have from Conneaut Lake Park some peices of wood fropm the Blue Streak, some bolts from the Tumble Bug, some working light bulbs, and some burnt pieces of wood from the Dreamland Ballroom all of these things I picked up off the ground.

When they work on the Bullet you can usually find pieces of wood, bolts, small pieces of rail, etc. laying around everywhere. Because of all the work they have done on it I've almost gathered enough to build a new Boardwalk Bullet

-GG

Knott's Berry Farm sells old pieces of Ghostrider wood in blocks. It comes with a "Collectible coin" and is about ten bucks.

Yes.. I bought a piece.

FAIL. lol, I'm just kidding. Yeah, I still have my piece of Flashback from the DVD Premiere. Most coaster enthusiasts get pieces from auctions or raffles at coaster events.

---Brent

• 5 years later...
  • 2 weeks later...

^Interesting question. I would also like to have something. The only time I remember seeing a coaster part for sale was in the TPR store page where I saw this vekoma wheel.

I've got a bolt and a wheel from X at SFMM. They're in my parents garage (at least I assume they are) if I ever dig them out I would consider tossing them on eBay to see if anybody cares.

So, to the original question, I would check eBay.

Why not shoot an email over to a park? I bet they would be the best place to ask. The worst that could happen is they say no or they can't.

No, Please do NOT do this. The parks are VERY busy with their day to day operations. The last thing they need is to be bothered by roller coaster geeks looking for parts from their rides. It's simply not appropriate at all to contact a park looking for stuff like this.

Edited by robbalvey