TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Hard Rock Park - Max RPM (backstage media tour)

This looks great and everything, but I have two questions:

1) What is preventing the rotating portrion of the wheel from just sliding off forward or backward? It looks like there is NOTHING to stop that!

2) How do they plan on evacuating this thing? I don't see any stairwells or anything on the wheel to assist in this, or maybe I'm just crazy (or maybe they just dont!)

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^They could probably replace it with an elevator lift (i.e. Mack). A normal chain-lift would probably require a layout change due to the space it would take up.

If you ask me, it looks innovative. But so were The Chillers, and look where they got themselves. All this time I've been wondering how the trains crossed that gap in between the wheels and the drop...now I know. That's a lot of technology.

I'm sure it will end up being just like the Mummy rides...a crap load of downtime the first year while everyone is learning, then smooth sailing after that season.

Maximum RPM is my most anticipated coaster for this park, so thanks for the update. Premier coaster + crazy concept = Premier fanboy's dream.

Yes Yes, I love Premier. They're always doing the best new coaster innovative gimmicks, ever since the 1st set of LIM launching coasters (the grand daddies of all LIM offsprings "Flight of Fear". Many people don't like gimmick coasters but i Love them. They give a park a unique ride.

Did they give any explanation as to WHY it's not cycling or working?

We already put out trip out there off once, we can't reschedule again so they better get this thing working soon!

look at all thos small parts at the top of the hill that will be connecting to the transfer track on the wheel, and the cams.... lets not count on this one running in the rain, or few hours after the rain for that matter.

i think a few inexpensive road signs along the track in the backlot of the ride would help with the onride themeing. Station nice but that ride section of the coaster couldve used a few bushes or something. I wonder if the weight of the wheel, winds, footer settle-ing will ever cause shifting of the wheel structure by a few millimetters or so of its original position over the years. thats looks alot heavier than an elevator lift.

Well the other thing I don't get is everyone praising Premier!??!

I'm sorry, but this seems VERY similar to the technology that Mack has been using just fine on it's Mice, Spinners, and Water Coasters for years now!

Don't forget the mummy rides and the launchers that have the dual sliding load station that have moving track pieces as well.

Mummy still has a lot of issues with it's track switches.

The thing that intrigues me is why they are having so many difficulties, when the arguably more complex 'wiggly lift' used on rides Matterhorn Blitz, Journey to Atlantis, Scooby Doo Spooky Coaster etc seems to work without problem. I mean on them they have two lift platforms operating in the same shaft and in synchronisation, yet with this all they are doing is making a simple wheel turn.

• 2 weeks later...