TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Magic Mountain X2 Campout!

• Replies 298
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^ Yes, you can bring others, just be sure to call the ticket office and let them know.

Call Six Flags Magic Mountain Group Sales to purchase tickets, 661-255-4500.

alright thanks Robb! man It's been awhile since riding this thing..I remember I may have ripped a muscle while riding on the back of the old trains...hopefully that won't repeat thanks to the new trains and all.

I think the Tatsu campout was a great idea and it was so much fun. I'm sad to say that this doesn't sound like it will be as fun as the Tatsu campout. I still encourage people to go because who the hell slept that night anyway at the Tatsu campout. Plus, only opening the coaster 1 hour before the park opens? Hell, open it at 6am like they did Tatsu because I still remember some of the amazing shots I got with the sun rising in the background as Tatsu does it's thing.

I think this is a smart move by Six Flags to let people in early but I think it would have been a better move if they ran it like they did with the Tatsu campout and opened it at 6am.

I'm afraid that opening it 1 hour before the park puts it at too much risk of if it had a problem, by the time they got it fixed the park would be open.

Jimmy "Not going but have fun everyone that does" Bo

I think the Tatsu campout was a great idea and it was so much fun. I'm sad to say that this doesn't sound like it will be as fun as the Tatsu campout. I still encourage people to go because who the hell slept that night anyway at the Tatsu campout. Plus, only opening the coaster 1 hour before the park opens? Hell, open it at 6am like they did Tatsu because I still remember some of the amazing shots I got with the sun rising in the background as Tatsu does it's thing.

I think this is a smart move by Six Flags to let people in early but I think it would have been a better move if they ran it like they did with the Tatsu campout and opened it at 6am.

I'm afraid that opening it 1 hour before the park puts it at too much risk of if it had a problem, by the time they got it fixed the park would be open.

Jimmy "Not going but have fun everyone that does" Bo

First Tatsu ride was at 4:17 a.m. I was on front row, I remember. Does that make me a nerd?

Geez, I hope I can go to this, my brother may be able to take me but I'm not competely sure yet. I think fifty bucks is worth it, I mean, your rideing a roller coaster with flame throwers, I repeat, flame throwers before the general public gets to do it, ok maybe its not all worth it but I really hope I can go to this.

There will be a t-shirt, right?

Not unless we could get about 70 people who would be willing to pitch in an extra $10. Then we could do a T-Shirt and some food for the evening.

Remember the $50 goes to Magic Mountain NOT Theme Park Review.

--Robb

I will be there for the first half of the campout if not more.(We open the Batman Show on Saturday.) I expect to see ALL of you at one of the Batman Shows after you get your coaster fix!

I definitely don't want to miss this! I'm going to call and get a ticket tomorrow, if I could pay online, I would do it right now.

I had already taken that Friday off to go up and stay at a hotel by SFMM and be there for the opening weekend, this is even better!

I would like to go on a camp and first ride the X2. I can't go there and we already to have a plan for my cousin daniel got marring with cynthia on may 26th. Sorry Robb.

Well I hope to see you on East USA or Canada's Wonderland or both but I have to sign down for new passport first about i can go to canada.

Well I have to save my lot of money for both trip with TPR but I'm can't go to the Europe, Japan or China.

East USA and Canada that'll be fine. No problem

Good idea maybe I can go to europe with TPR in 2009 when I make money and no more debt.

Take care and have fun with X2.

Larry

What to bring:

- Warm clothes

You California people are funny. What's the overnight low going to be? 65 F?

Joe, when I went to the Tatsu campout I thought the same thing, but it got pretty chily, I'd say lower fifties that night, and being outside without a coat was a bad choice. I would definitely bring at the very least a sweatshirt for when night falls.

Rest assured that in the morning, when that sun comes up, it heats up quickly, though!

Back on topic, I'd love to go if it was going to be like the Tatsu campout, but this doesn't sound nearly as much fun to me. Hope everyone who attends has a great time, though, and remember to represent TPR well so we'll all be invited back to things in the future!

-James Dillaman

Myself and my friend are 100% committed on going to the event!! It falls right after my birthday so its a great 21st birthday trip!! The Tatsu camp out was great, something I will never forget.

Hope to see you all there!!

John

I expect to see ALL of you at one of the Batman Shows

after you get your coaster fix!

We'll be there! LOL

Not unless we could get about 70 people who would be willing to pitch in an extra $10. Then we could do a T-Shirt and some food for the evening. Remember the $50 goes to Magic Mountain NOT Theme Park Review.

--Robb

I know my friend and I would be willing to pitch in an extra 10 bucks.

John

That's probably a good deal since the lines after that will be 4+ hours long. Good luck you ya'll. still trying to work my connections to get invited to media day. (Yeah right).

Happy camping.

I will be going, I just called in and signed up.

I'll be a loner at this event though, None of my friends are crazy for coasters like i am, at least enough to spend the night at the place and spend $50 anyways. So someone talk to me, I was at WCB. Ive been waiting for something like this since the Bash! I cant wait! I fell in love with X when it opened and have been fiending to ride it again. I can't get enough of it.

I'm excited!

Hey everyone, it appears we won't actually be the first "public" riders on X2.

I was just listening to KROQ, and on Kevin & Bean, they were giving away tickets to "Six Flag's X2 Preview Event" on Friday the 23rd.

Just thought you all might like to know

And I agree with Joey and JimmyBo. I actually think I might pass on this now. I also attended the Tatsu campout, and I agree that if they were doing the same thing for X2, I would gladly pay the $50, but only giving us an hour is too much of a risk I think. How many times have we all gotten to the park at opening, ran to X, and have to wait 30-45 or more min while they finish testing it. I really could see this happening. Also I think the park has actually been so awesome to us lately that they've gone so above and beyond, but this event just seems kinda blah to me. Not to say Jay and the guys might have some extra surprises up there sleeves though. Now if this was the old six flags, I'm sure we would all be really excited about this. And lastly, and probably the biggest decider for me is the fact that there isn't even a discount for those of us loyal customers that have season passes. And don't forget, if you do have a season pass you do get 1 flash pass for X2.

^^ This event isn't something just for us. It's for the GP too, if they hear about it. When i called in to buy my ticket they asked nothing on where i heard or needed anything special. Thats probably why there is no discount. It is on the Six Flags website.

Im happy to pay $50 to get a couple rides on it. I mean I paid $100 plus to get on Xcelerator and Silver Bullet at Knotts for only one ride! Even though that was for charity which was awesome. This is a good deal to me!

I'm sure they will have it running on time for us, my guess is they are under-promising and going to over deliver. It might say nine but they might try to have it running at 8 leaving the extra time for problems.

I just cant wait to be woken by the sound of the train cresting the lift hill. What a way to wake up!

Here is the link to the six flags site under events: http://www.sixflags.com/magicMountain/events/X2Campout.aspx

This event isn't something just for us. It's for the GP too

It's offered to the general public, yes, but it is geared towards coaster enthusaists:

Join fellow coaster enthusiasts for an exclusive X2 Early Ride Time Campout

I feel like I was spoiled from the Tatsu event. Free parking, free entry, free food throughout the day and of course the early rides on Tatsu. So I'll pass on the $50. The bar was just set too high before.