TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Darien Lake

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have only been there once, so I am hardly an expert on the subject, but this was my take:

We arrived at opening

Rode

- Superman 2x (Top Tier Steel Hyper)

- Viper 2x (better than your average arrow looper)

- SLC (better than your average SLC)

- Predator (big pile of suck)

- Log Jammer (dirty water)

- Boomerang (it's a boomerang)

- Superman 2x

Left in after about 3hrs in the park

We then drove to Waldameer (Credit Whoring in mind) and ended up staying there twice as long.

Its not a bad park, it is small though..

Superman is one of the best coasters IMO

Darien Lakes Viper is enjoyable

The Mind Eraser is ok, but its rough

Boomerang is just like a Boomerang.

The Predetor is alright but its one rough woodie.... (its not running most of the time anyways) ..

One of my favorite rides is Shipwreck Falls, just because I like to get soaked. And Dariens Ferris Wheel is nice aslo, because its placed soo you get a GREAT view and its really tall.

They also have good fireworks sometimes...

If I were you I wouldn't even waste my time with SFDL. It was a decent place back when SF first took over, but now it's a dump.

I don't know why SF would buy this place if they're not going to add any new coasters to it at all. This place is the neglected child of all the SF Parks, Bar none.

Six Flags Darien Lake was such a disappointment.

*Superman was running horribly slow - virtually no airtime.

*Predator, front seat, was fantastic. Wild air. Don't sit anywhere else.

*Viper was rough, but very fun. Classic Arrow.

*Boomerang, I skipped.

*Mind Eraser seemed average/rough. Not as smooth as I had heard, but not as rough as SFA's or PCW's.

Overall, I found the park to be very forgettable (which is probably why I can't remember anything about the actual park now ).

-kip-

I have to disagree with all the people who seem to hate SFDL. I thought it was a fun little park. SROS is great, the other coasters are all OK, but they have a great collection of flats as well. The park itself is nicely landscaped, and the waterpark was fun too.

I think a lot of people expect too much from SFDL. It's a small park, serving a small market, but has a better selection of rides than an independent park serving the same market would thanks to Six Flags flagging it.

Superman is great- my personal number 5 coaster out of 143

Predator is hated by many, but i like it...its so rough that it turns out fun at the end

Mind Eraser- bleh

Boomerang- bleh

Viper- fun, fun....i find it quite unique and an overall good coaster

Having been to all the Six Flags (at least in the US), I can tell you there are MUCH WORSE SF parks out there. We only hit SFDL if we're on the way up to the falls, but they have Superman, and a nice collection of flat rides (if you're into them) A couple of the rare flats they have are a Huss Ranger and a Huss UFO. They're... OK rides, but I mainly needed the footage of them for a project.

I agree with you though, that they definately need some kind of eye-catching coaster.