TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Dogwood Lake Park

How nice of a park was Dogwood Lake?  

20 members have voted

1. 1. How nice of a park was Dogwood Lake?

• Best park I've seen!
    • Nice park, but could use some work.
    • Average park.
    • Nothing TERRIBLE, but nothing good either...
    • Worst park EVER!

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My how time flies! Its already 1991, and with a new year comes a new addition!

Here are some photos:

New for '91 is the Woodson Wheel, a themed ferris wheel.

IMO, it looks nice from every angle!

Thunderbolt is very popular!

Overview.

The park is growing so fast! Makes me wonder how Dogwood Lake Park is still family owned...

New for the 1992 season is another classic flat ride!

Garden Spider an Eyerly Monster.

Here is a view of the new ride and Thunderbolt!

In other news...

"Somethin' big is a'commin!"

*!ANNOUNCEMENT!*

"Many years have passed since we have opened Dogwood Lake Park to the public, and though we have introduced new, innovative family additions to the park year after year, it is time for us to step it up a notch. We will do this with Rampage!" Stated the park's owner and president, Michael Daily.

New for the 1994 season will be Rampage, a new type of roller coater where riders feet will dangle below the track!

"We are very proud to bring such an attraction into Dogwood Lake, for we are the first family-owned park to deal with B&M, the company in charge of designing and building the world-class ride."

Mr. Daily and family is excited for this coming season, and hopes to see you here riding Rampage!

-Dogwood Gazette

How great is this?!?! A huge, world-class coaster coming to our park!

Here is the concept art that was released with the article:

Looks fun!

Yeah, but soon I will add a parking lot coaster, to give it that six flags feel for my park, lol. But looking good, I'm thinking of partnering up parks with you DBru, like some sort of company. For our story line and all. I'll talk to you later about it.

1994 & RAMPAGE!!!

Oh boy oh boy oh boy! It's here, it's finally here!

As you all know, Rampage was announced this winter, and ever since, I have been DIEING to ride it, and that day finally came yesterday!

*SPOILER ALERT*- Rampage was designed and built by a newly formed company named B&M. Now, I had never ridden one of their coasters before, and never even HEARD of an inverted coaster, so I was blown away with my ride last afternoon!

Approaching the ride, you enter through the gates of Woodson Mining Co., a small, abandoned mine. As you enter through the doors of this creepy old factory-building, rusty gears, tools, and cables are revealed. You wind your way through the queue around different equipment. After about 5 switchbacks, 32 passengers are allowed into the pre-show room.

On a projection screen, you watch as a savage creature rips his way through the mine, devouring the tracks and equipment. The creature is approaching you, when your groups leader (a costumed ride-op) warns you that you must escape now, before everything is destroyed.

A large, concrete door to your right opens abruptly, and your group continues into the station. Once there, the operators rush you into your seats, lock you in, and send you off, on your mission to escape the savage and lead him away from the mine. (I got a front seat on our preview yesterday!)

The coaster starts with a small dip out of the station, and a sharp (180*) turn to the right. The lift quickly carries you upward to a height of 125ft. Then comes the drop...and wow, what a drop!

You curve downward the the right, under the lift, only to switch to the left, and back to the right! Amazing! This is followed by a new element, a Cobra Roll, which flips you upside down twice!

You follow into an over-banked, descending turn, and then a small airtime hill that throws you upwards into the restraint (this was not included in the original design)! A tunnel under the mill takes you by surprise, and then you come out into the MCBR.

You drop to the right, into a corkscrew, and twist around into one of my favorite parts of the ride---the final helix. The helix is over water, and whips you around so fast that positive g's can reach 4.5! (This is where you supposedly "lose" the creature.) You take one last s-curve into the final brakes, and enter back into the mine.

Wow. Just...wow.

Here are some pictures from opening day:

RAMPAGE!!!

Here is a better view of the mine/factory/station/queue

In this photo you can see most of the last half of the coaster, including the totally awesome final turn/helix!

Overview of my new favorite coaster.

In other news...

Cyclone is totally faded! New paint job, much?

Dash could use some love (and a paint brush) too...

So what do you all think?