TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Photo TR: Kennywood Media Preview Event for Ghostwood Estate

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ghostwood does look pretty awesome! I'll have to visit in the next weekend!

This looks great! I am definitely putting this park on my itinerary this year and may even check out Pittsburgh in the next couple of weeks.

Anyone have any suggestions on where to ride the classic woodies and Phantoms Revenge? Front, back, non-wheel cars???

Any other really cool places to check out while I am in the Steel City?

Like a previous poster said, we have a lot of historical stuff here too see! Downtown in itself is cool just to breeze through as well. You should really take a stroll around the bike/walking/jogging/skating trail that wraps around the front of Heinz Field & PNC Park along the river bank...It's really beautiful sight to see at night! If you happen to get on the trial I just mentioned (for this part I prefer to ride a bike) and you past the stadiums and The NorthShore Apartments....a little further down the trails is a Black Walking/Bike Bridge you can go up and ride across. After you cross it and walk a short distance contiuing to follow the trail, you come upona a hidden treasure! There will be this really nice In-Door/Out Door Restaurant/Bar. I say out door because where windows should be, the removed it to make a bar counter and from the outside you can see all the inside operations. They have REALLY good food their! The best part is that the whole thig is built about maybe 40-50 feet up from the river and they have a huge patio built partially over the side where the river is at, where you can eat under an umbrella table!!

Is the pre-show before you get on the ride like the haunted mansion, or is it part of the ride? Also, does stuff jump out at you even if you don't use the blasters? I'm just curious.

Yes, the preshow is before the ride. It is on the first floor of the building. After the preshow room, you go upstairs to actually get on the ride. There is also an elevator for handicapped access (one problem that they had with the old Gold Rusher was that there was no handicapped access)

As for stuff jumping out, there are some things which are animated (CG) and some moving figures, but nothing really "jumps" at you or startles you unless you are shooting targets and activate something. Ex. There is a birthday cake in the dining room. If you shoot the target on the cake, a monster jumps out of it. If you didn't bother to shoot at the target, then you may just say "oh, what a nice cake".

Make sense?

^ That's pretty cool. Obviously Kennywood really thought out this attraction and put a lot of effort into it.

And to think that this is the same park that made the abomination known as Garfield's Nightmare!

Actually, it's the same company that re-did Old Mill into Garfield's Nightmare that made Ghostwood Estate.

Now...THAT is a scary thought.

Check this out. Apparently it's Bubba from B94, and he is "sneaking" into Kennywood so he can be the first one to ride Ghostwood Estate. Probably fake, but at least it shows a little more of Ghostwood Estate than the other videos.

EDIT: Actually I did a little research and it seems that they really did break into Kennywood. Luckily for Bubba, Kennywood decided not to press charges.

Despite breaking into the park, he wasn't the first to ride Ghostwood Estate.

The best part is that the whole thig is built about maybe 40-50 feet up from the river and they have a huge patio built partially over the side where the river is at, where you can eat under an umbrella table!!

Sounds really cool...thanks for the tips! I am hoping that the weather will be nice next weekend!

You know for him supposedly "breaking into" Kennywood, he surely wasn't very secretive about it...I mean he was literally yelling throughout the video and if he had really broken in I'm sure he would have been found before getting to Ghostwood Estate. I mean the walk from Jackrabbit to the ride isn't the shortest one and I think it'd be really hard to get there without being seen by someone.

^ I agree, I'm almost positive that video was staged. He didn't seem nearly frightened enough. Plus, there was absolutely no profanity - not to say that everyone uses it. But when you're sneaking through a park and you think security is on your tail you don't think "Oh Jeepers I hope we don't get caught!".

Also, it's a shoot em up dark ride, correct? I didn't think this ride was so noteworthy that you would need to break into a park just to get a first look at it... I could be wrong of course.

Kennywood has been having very terrible weather. I had planned to go on the 3rd, but it rained all day so I planned to go yesterday, it rained, and today, it's still raining. My plan is to go next Saturday, and if it rains I'm going to go crazy.

Kennywood has been having very terrible weather. I had planned to go on the 3rd, but it rained all day so I planned to go yesterday, it rained, and today, it's still raining. My plan is to go next Saturday, and if it rains I'm going to go crazy.

I went yesterday and the weather was fine (May 10)

Yeah, it's been pretty miserable at the park since its opened...It rained on opening day last week and while at work this week, it's rained just about everyone of the four days I've worked this week. The nicest day we've had at the park was yesturday, it was really cold early in the morning and very overcast but luckily cleared up by the end of the day and was somewhat warm but still chilly. The park actually closed at 2 pm today due to the inclement weather, so its been a pretty bad week for the park in terms of weather. I'm hoping it warms up by Wednesday because this weather is really starting to suck.

I hope it doesn't rain next Saturday too. I've planned to go as part of my school district's Kennywood picnic.

Wow! Was NOT expecting this ride to turn out so cool!!! From the videos and whatnot, this looks to be a very solid dark ride. Lookin forward to riding it. Probably won't make it there this season since I'll be making the trek up to Waldameer instead of the usual K-wood trip when visiting family in Pittsburgh

A girl in my English class says Ghostwood Estate sucks. I wonder what kind of bizarre expectations she had. Maybe she just sucks at shooting targets, and that's why she didn't like it.

Oh well, sometimes the GP says the darnedest things...