TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

TPR Members Working At Parks

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For those of you working at Cedar Point (even though you SHOULD be processing in today), make sure to go to the pre-opening ride nights (usually things that require people to run, like Tiques, Cad Cars, Turnpike, Go Karts, Sky Ride) and DEFINITELY don't miss the PEP RALLY! I didn't know any of my crew, and all I had to do was go to the pep rally to realize I was going to have a great summer.

As for me, I've transfered from the largest Cedar Fair park to the smallest. I'm in leadership as a Roving Team Leader at Michigan's Adventure this year. I know there's at least one TPR member that works in rides up there, but if there's any more, say hi at training, I don't bite (hard).

For those of you working at Cedar Point (even though you SHOULD be processing in today), make sure to go to the pre-opening ride nights (usually things that require people to run, like Tiques, Cad Cars, Turnpike, Go Karts, Sky Ride) and DEFINITELY don't miss the PEP RALLY! I didn't know any of my crew, and all I had to do was go to the pep rally to realize I was going to have a great summer.

Those of us coming from colleges within an hour or so of the park won't be arriving until later this week- we have finals this week.

I'm working as a Ride Op at Seabreeze this summer, along with basically all of my friends (I live about 5 min. from the park). I believe the rides we operate change every week.

I have orientation tonight, and we might get to ride Music Express (the new Himalaya) if it's working.

This is also a "welcome back" type of post for me, since I went back to lurking after my year got really busy.

Currently at Sea World San Antonio. My name is David so if any of you all come down, be sure and stop by! However, once I move to Arlington in August (attending the University of Texas at Arlington-5 hours north of San Antonio) I will most likely apply at SFoT.

--David

I will be working at Tibidabo, as I did last summer when TPR came.

So, if any TPRer is planning to come to the park, drop a message so that I can meet you

Don't know if I will be Operating rides or Training Ride Ops though.

I don't actually work for a park, but I will be working AT Kennywood Park this summer...I got hired by a company called Picsolve that operates all Kennywoods photo booths, including the front gate, Turnpike, Garfield's Nightmare, and the Log Jammer. My names Dan so if you see me at one of the photobooths or taking pictures by the entrance, stop bye and say hello. This is the first time I've had the chance to work at any amusement park and I'm loving the job so far.

I'm not working in a park, but it's still a coaster. I work at the all mighty Togo Death Machine known as the Manhattan Express A.K.A The Roller Coaster at New York New York! I know, very exciting, it's get old after 2 years, lol.

Reggie_Ray, I will look for you at the Manhattan Express when I go down to Las Vegas in June. Anyone who's headed out to Legoland, CA can look for a nametag that says Ricardo. I will be working at all rides in Pirate Shores. Pirate Shores attractions include, Skipper School (even though it technically is part of Fun Town but belongs to Pirate Shores), Treasure Falls, Captain Cranky's Challenge, Splash Battle and Soak n Sail. See you there.

Wow...that totally sucks!^ What Sea World does is just tell you that you got ride op, merch host or whatever and you find out where you will be once you start to work.

As for me, back at my good ole store at Sea World. Lovin it!

--David

Now, why did you just want to get experience working a major coaster? Is there one in your area that you have an eye on and would like to have experience to get you leverage when you apply for the job? Or were you just looking for experience at a park, and just wanted to be at a big attraction?

Just wondering. I mean, I know that you got screwed and everything and it is your decision to leave and all.