TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

TPR Members Working At Parks

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I suppose I'll post my history of working in parks...

Jan-Aug 2005: Living Seas and Soarin' at Epcot [College Program]

Halloween 2005: Jack Is Back Show at Busch Gardens Williamsburg

2006-Current: Walt Disney World Entertainment

I'm now a seasonal cast member at Disney as of this month, now that I've found a new job elsewhere. So, I can pick up shifts whenever I please rather than being a slave to the Mouse. I'm primarily a Stilt Walker at Animal Kingdom [Jammin' Jungle Parade and Festival of the Lion King] and Magic Kingdom [Move It Shake It Celebrate It Street Party].

I suppose I'll post my history of working in parks...

Jan-Aug 2005: Living Seas and Soarin' at Epcot [College Program]

Halloween 2005: Jack Is Back Show at Busch Gardens Williamsburg

2006-Current: Walt Disney World Entertainment

I'm now a seasonal cast member at Disney as of this month, now that I've found a new job elsewhere. So, I can pick up shifts whenever I please rather than being a slave to the Mouse. I'm primarily a Stilt Walker at Animal Kingdom [Jammin' Jungle Parade and Festival of the Lion King] and Magic Kingdom [Move It Shake It Celebrate It Street Party].

Oh wow ok so I'm sure I've probably seen you when I had parade duty at Kali.

• 11 months later...

Knotts Berry Farm - Perilous Plunge Crew 2005-2007

Six Flags Discovery Kingdom - V2/Roar Lead 2007

Six Flags Discovery Kingdom - Division 4 Supervisor 2008

Six Flags Discovery Kingdom - Operations Full-time Ops Supervisor 2009-Current

The 2011 Adventure begins this Saturday the 19th! On behalf of the park I wish everyone a happy and safe 2011 season! See you all around

This is my second year at Cedar Point once again working Ripcord and Skyscraper also along with that I will be a fill in lifeguard when needed in Soak City

Did I happen to run into you the day I came by RipCord last year? It was in August, I was the former TL that visited and flew, if you remember at all.

Glad to see this thread returning!

I'm just about to get started with year five working for Cedar Fair. The original plan was to transfer back down to Cedar Point as a Public Relations Intern, but things didn't work out for a wide variety of reasons, so I decided to stay up at Michigan's Adventure. Luckily, I got a promotion from Team Lead to Supervisor, and will be doing all of the auditing, training, hiring and a bunch of other stuff for the rides department. Should be a nice change to get away from actually operating and instead learning how to run the department.

2011 - Michigan's Adventure - Auditing and Training Supervisor

2010 - Michigan's Adventure - Shivering Timbers TL

2009 - Michigan's Adventure - Logger's Run TL

2008 - Michigan's Adventure - Adventure Falls TL

2007 - Cedar Point - Maverick Crew

Still hoping to get into marketing/PR eventually, but for at least this summer I guess I'll just have to stick to operations.

This is my second year at Cedar Point once again working Ripcord and Skyscraper also along with that I will be a fill in lifeguard when needed in Soak City

Did I happen to run into you the day I came by RipCord last year? It was in August, I was the former TL that visited and flew, if you remember at all.

No I was off that day, but I hear about you stopping by.

Returning to Alabama Adventure for my 8th season in the rides department and my 6th as Rides Supervisor. The big change for me this year is that park services for Magic City USA is being placed under the rides department, so it's a new experience for me.

No I was off that day, but I hear about you stopping by.

Gotcha. I'll probably be swinging by CP in June, and a trip to CP always involves a trip to Challenge Park!

2011 marks my 12th year working at Disney! You can catch me in one of two places:

playing piano at Hoop Dee Doo Revue

playing piano for Princess Tea Party at the Grand Floridian.

If you plan on going to either show, drop me a message to see if I am working that day!

And have a great summer y'all! (What..too early?)

2010 - Six Flags Great Adventure - Superman: Ultimate Flight/Kingda Ka Crew (also spent some time at Great American Scream Machine. I was part of the last day shift GASM crew ever!)

2011 - Six Flags Great Adventure - I have yet to find out what will be my home ride this year but I'll update when I find out. Also hoping to be trained at a certain new green ride this season .

Gotcha. I'll probably be swinging by CP in June, and a trip to CP always involves a trip to Challenge Park!

A trip to CP isn't complete with out riding the two best rides on point I look forward to meeting you.

10ryansmith where will you be working?

I'm just about to get started with year five working for Cedar Fair. The original plan was to transfer back down to Cedar Point as a Public Relations Intern, but things didn't work out for a wide variety of reasons, so I decided to stay up at Michigan's Adventure.

I'm just curious if you found out what the salary would be for a public relations or a quality assurance person? While I enjoy my current job as a customer quality assurance engineer, I have always wondered what theme parks would pay for someone that deals with public relations and works on projects that would positively impact the overall customer experience. I would imagine it would vary per chain, but I have just always wondered/dreamed about it.

Just thinking out loud here...does anyone on this site hold (or has held) such a position at a theme park and if so, would they be willing to talk about their experiences?

I've done my fair share of park working. I've worked nearly every ride on the dry side of the park at MiA and almost every ride in Area 3 (Back of the Park) at Cedar Point. Looking to branch out down south to Disney/Universal/Sea World either next year or the year after.

2003 - Michigan's Adventure - Games Host

2004 - Michigan's Adventure - Shivering Timbers/Wolverine Wildcat/Timbertown Railway

2005 - Cedar Point - Magnum XL-200, Top Thrill Dragster, MaXair (Fridays during Halloweekends)

Michigan's Adventure - Shivering Timbers Team Leader (End of Season)

2006 - Cedar Point - Top Thrill Dragster

2007 - Cedar Point - Top Thrill Dragster

2008 - Cedar Point - Thunder Canyon Team Leader, Mean Streak Acting Team Leader (Halloweekends)

2009 - Cedar Point - Maverick Team Leader

2011 - Cedar Point - CP & LE Railroad Fireman