TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

TPR Members Working At Parks

I am an RO at Knott's Berry Farm. I currently run Silver Bullet, but also know Pony Express and Montezooma's Revenge. When you guys are on your West Coaster trip, feel free to say hi to a tell white boy with glasses named William

pony.jpg.b27a613964ed7b59e1ba638fcc116d22.jpg

The Zamperla Motorbike that most people I hate.

Well the ones it was built for like it :D

782428289_silverbullet.thumb.jpg.eebca582c43354128f8e3676decf3103.jpg

You won't find me in any pics. I stay behind the camera.

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for the replies so far! It's great to "see" you and your rides.

Hey a question for the two of you who operate B&Ms - I am always a little worried about the safety of their lapbars. Can you tell me why exactly I should trust these things?? I admit reading that they don't use back-up safety restraints, doesn't exactly help me all that much...lol. This is the reason why I haven't gone on our local B&M, Silver Star. Yes, I am a chickenshit and also a fairly new coaster enthusiast.

Can you help me here?

There is a thread out there that's similar to this one, but I'll go along with this one anyways....

You can usually find me at California Screamin', but I'll also be at the Maliboomer, Orange Stinger, Jumpin' Jellyfish, Golden Zephyr, Mulholland Madness, King Triton's Carousel, or Toy Story Midway Mania from time to time.

Hey a question for the two of you who operate B&Ms - I am always a little worried about the safety of their lapbars. Can you tell me why exactly I should trust these things?? I admit reading that they don't use back-up safety restraints, doesn't exactly help me all that much...lol. This is the reason why I haven't gone on our local B&M, Silver Star. Yes, I am a chickenshit and also a fairly new coaster enthusiast.

Can you help me here?

On the B&M hyper restraints there is a ratcheting mechanism in the floor of the train where the pole attaches to the floor...there are actually 2 separate mechanisms and if you listen/feel closely you can actually feel 2 "clicks" for each big "notch" you go down. If you pull the lapbar down slowly enough you will distinctly hear each ratchet click individually, locking the restraint into that position. Even if one mechanism totally fails you won't be going anywhere. Also, these things are inspected daily by maintenance and even we as ride-ops do morning safety checks on the restraints for redundancy. Every single lap bar position is checked each day, so no worries!

Been working for Chessington for 3 years now...

Although I started on Vampire, Bubbleworks, Black Buccaneer, Seastorm, Dragon's Playhouse and Canopy Capers all as a platformer...

My second season saw Safari Skyway added onto this list, and later on operating Black Buccaneer...

This year now I no longer have Vampire, Bubbleworks, Buccaneer, Seastorm and Skyway, but instead have Peeking Heights, Tiny Truckers, Sea Dragons, Griffins Galleon and Dragon's Fury...

I don't operate Fury or Peeking, but hopefully will get one before the year is out...

Can you help me here?

Let me ask you a question. What was the last time somebody fell out of a B&M. Or better, when was the last time a B&M didn't pass safety inspection?

Can you help me here?

Let me ask you a question. What was the last time somebody fell out of a B&M. Or better, when was the last time a B&M didn't pass safety inspection?

That is a very good question!!

I'm working mainly on kiddie rides in Linnanmäki. But I sometimes get to operate a water ride, Hurjakuru, or a powered rollercoaster, Pikajuna. Both can be found in this picture, Hurjakuru being under Salama (the green and blue MS spinner) and Pikajuna in the right side of the pic.

I am working at Tibidabo as a ride op. You may remember the Buckets of Death, the Plane ride and such from that park.

Well, I am usually operating the coaster from Vekoma that has just opened. If you come to the park, look for me! (or PM before you come lol)

I'll try to upload a picture of me working on the coaster.

I work Adventureland/Froniterland/Main Street Attractions at Disneyland. I started working The Disneyland Railroad in September of 2007 and then Indiana Jones Adventure in March of 2008. Starting literally tomorrow I begin training for Big Thunder Mountain Railroad and I should officially have ride knowledge there by next Sunday. I plan on opening up Radiator Springs Racers if I'm still in attraction ops in 2012, I'm currently trying to get an apprenticeship through the ride maintenance program.

286931724_IJASean001.thumb.JPG.ee2507df55b3f1a126f9d5b5daf2ae6e.JPG

Me in my Indy costume

indianajonesadventure.jpg.7581bfaf79c7e9b1726f4f8f534dbf92.jpg

Promo photo of what many consider the ultimate dark ride.

I prefer taking photos to appearing in them, so at Kennywood I work the following rides (all these photos are mine):

Ghostwood.JPG.f72922b910caffbbdfae351a0ed450c4.JPG

Ghostwood Estate

AutoRace.JPG.f54dafa964299e39b7afefcf55940633.JPG

Auto Race

Train.JPG.53b951a65cf4eafa0c25d0b3ae4bb5af.JPG

Olde Kennywood Railroad