TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

TPR Members Working At Parks

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I believe, if I'm not mistaken, that on the Cedar Point contract you signed, Tony, it says you may not be guaranteed the ride on your contract. I know they also say this when they do the phone interview. I understand how much it sucks to be put on a different ride, I was contracted for Maverick last year and was put on the train for my first three weeks. I was also sent to Snake River Falls, maXair, and several other rides throughout the season. Honestly, while it sounds like "fun" to work a major ride like Dragster, it's the major rides that lose people the fastest because it becomes a drag. You're stuck at the same ride, listening to the same music, dealing with the same problems... it gets quite annoying. I'm not saying you did the wrong thing, but I think you should have given it a chance. You never know, you could have been moved to a major ride in a couple of weeks. And if not, then I wouldn't blame you one bit for leaving.

As for me, I'll be spending this summer up in Muskegon, Michigan at Michigan's Adventure. I'm in leadership as a Roving Team Leader, so you won't find me at the same ride every day. If anyone's up in the area, look around, I'm sure you'll find me somewhere!

You know, I was thinking of working at Cedar Point my last summer before I go off to become a teacher to get ready to live away from home for the whole year, but a few things like this guy's story and working halloweekends last year for my fraternity have really turned me off. Plus working 12-15 hour days six days a week or even seven is a burden I just wont be able to put up with. Plus, if the housing I was in was the GOOD housing, I certainly do not want anything to do with that. No heat, weird smells, flat plastic mattress, never mind the nasty public bathroom they had. I worked at TTD for two halloweekends last year, and it got to be fairly tedious work, but it was certainly a good time. Like one of those "Cool for a bit, but I couldnt do this all summer" type of things. I am very interested in learning more about working there.

I like the park that I work at right now, Michigan's Adventure just fine. I worked the kiddie rides there last year and the only real problem I had was my feet starting to kill because no one ever rode most of those rides. This year I am on the main flat rides crew, Tilt a Whirl (Informally known as the Desert, The few and the proud call it the Oasis), and I like it so far. Working at an amusement park certainly takes a lot of cajones and its just not meant for everyone, because you just have to take what is going to be dished out to you.

I think what I am trying to get at is that it's more important for someone to like what they are doing rather than giving everything up to work at the amusement park mecca just because it looks enticing. Yeah, you might have broken off your contract, and that doesnt look amazing on resumes, but you did what you felt was the right thing and thats all that matters.

• 2 weeks later...

I work at Sea World San Antonio. This is my second season working there. Let me know if any of you all will be coming by the park so you all can stop by and say "hey!" I am a gift shop supervisor so I get to wear the ultra comfy red, blue, or white polo's.

Name is David if you all come down.

I'll be working at Six Flags Great Adventure this summer as a Guest Relations host and I'm going to be a back-up for VIP tours of the park. If you have any questions about the park or need help with a problem, I'll be glad to help you in every which way! I'm there to help make your day at Great Adventure the best day possible! I wear a white dress shirt and tie, so if you see me in the park, be sure to say hi!

I'm at Knott's, either at Perilous Plunge or Xcelerator. At Xcelerator, I'm one of a few who say witty 'catch lines' right before the launch (And probably one of few only young ones to do it! That's how one can tell me from the rest of the crew. ) I hope see you there!

Oh, and something for all the hopefuls. Correct me if I'm wrong but I don't think parks would ever place someone who's never worked a major ride before.. at.. a major ride? Usually they get placed at "new hire rides", unless, of course, they have mucho ride experience.. Or for the seasonal hires, come back season after season.. But again, this was only my understanding. :O

Hey, I started at Riptide!

Unfortunately, I will no longer be working at Adventureland after this Friday.

This is the case for a variety of reasons, including, but not limited to:

-lack of organization

-minimal training for rides positions (almost to the point that it could potentially be dangerous)

-high gas prices

-low, low, low salary (below minimum wage)

If you do visit the park today, tomorrow, or Friday, though, I'm at the north Sky Ride station this week. Name tag says:

SAM

1 YEAR

Stop and say hi.

I''m gonna be workin at Disney World in the college program begining sometime this summer. I'm supposped to arrive in September but I'

m tryin to switch my date to earlier sometime. No idea where I'll be at until I get there. I'm holdin out for Jack Sparrow impersonator or Mr. Incredible but will probably end up getting stuck in Chester n Hesters Suck-O-Rama. We'll see I'll have a blast either way

• 1 month later...

I work at Knotts as a ride op on Perilous as well. Yay go Perilous crew! lol Anyway, I also ocasionally work riptide or bumper cars but now a day I'm pretty much at Perilous every day. So if you ever go to Knotts, head on over to Perilous Plunge and say hey, I'm normally the only girl that is working there.

The hours are crazy but I'm loving my job and the people I'm working with so it's all good.

I'm at Knott's, either at Perilous Plunge or Xcelerator. At Xcelerator, I'm one of a few who say witty 'catch lines' right before the launch (And probably one of few only young ones to do it! That's how one can tell me from the rest of the crew. ) I hope see you there!

Oh, and something for all the hopefuls. Correct me if I'm wrong but I don't think parks would ever place someone who's never worked a major ride before.. at.. a major ride? Usually they get placed at "new hire rides", unless, of course, they have mucho ride experience.. Or for the seasonal hires, come back season after season.. But again, this was only my understanding. :O

Hey, I started at Riptide!

I'd say it depends how the park is organized. I've worked at both types of parks...those where you can only work smaller rides first. I've also worked in places where it doesnt matter.

• 10 months later...

Apologies if this has been posted before. I did a search and couldn't find a thread like this.

I know there are a few ride OPs on TPR. How about you post a picture of "your" ride (and you if you like).

Can't wait to hear from you all.

I was a ride-op on Splash Mountain in 2007 as part of the Disney College Program (loved it, loved it, loved it).

1338649758_MK111.thumb.jpg.5f7ef16e7d4933234c18839d51431d6a.jpg

At the dispatch console.

I have some other photos of me running the ride, but I'm afraid they might show too much "behind the scenes" stuff, and I don't want to get into trouble with Disney for "bad show" or ruining the "magic." You know how they are about that.

641473892_MK014.jpg.f98e08e7f527ccfb987c6f3808e69607.jpg

Me in front of my laughin' place