TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Living situation

What is your current living situation?  

66 members have voted

1. 1. What is your current living situation?

• I live with my parents.
    • I live with roommates.
    • I live with a boyfriend/girlfriend/wife/husband.
    • I live alone.
    • I live in the street with hobos.

Just curious to find out what everyone's living situation is. I currently live with roommates in a small flat right outside my university. I like it, but it can be annoying sharing one bathroom with 2 girls (who are VERY messy by the way!) and 2 guys (who don't know the concept of cleaning up after themselves). Before I moved to New Hampshire, I lived in a Studentenwohnheim (student housing) near my university and the situation was almost the same. So, just curious... where do you guys live? With parents? With roommates? With a boyfriend/girlfriend? Or alone? And how do you like it?

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've had an on-campus house/duplex for the past two years. I have my own bedroom and I share a kitchen, living room, bathroom, and storage closet with a roommate. It's awesome because we can have a bunch of people over, my RA lives down the street and doesn't care what we do, and we can walk to class and football games. My neighbors are mostly swimmers and football players, and the rest of the neighborhood is mostly upperclassmen and grad students.

I'm still with my parents, because I'm still in Highschool. After, I do my backpacking trip in Europe I plan to join the airforce and live on base...for FREE!!

Yeah, but on most bases those free houses are the worse. It depends on what air force base it is.

As for my living. I live with my mom and my brother. And sometimes my dad and other brother, depends what mood I'm in.

--James

I still live with my parents. Am saving up for a few things: car, house, and trips. I can live with the 'rents without paying rent or worrying about bills, and as long as I help out with keeping the house tidy, they're glad to have me around. I think, anyway.

I live in an apartment by myself. It rules. I started living alone when I moved in 2006, and I've got to say it can't be beat. You don't have to answer to anyone, and the only annoyances are the weird, loud neighbors.

I moved in back with my parents while I figure out my job situation. Thank God too because I'm saving $700 bucks verses living on my own.

When I was in Las Vegas I did live in a nice little 2 bedroom house with a young married couple around my age. Great people to live with, we got along swell.

Still with the family, and glad...house prices, like everything else in the Bay Area are just way to high for 1, and I would be in no way ready to be on my own, as I already got my hands full with full time school and full time work. No need to live on campus as the university is in the same city I live.

Still live in the same damned apartment for the last seven and a half years. Roommates have come and go, but I still have one of my original roommates. I gotta get out of this hole . . .

Own apartment for me!! W00T!

Oh really now? I don't think that the apartment in you're parents' attic constitutes you living on your own.

(Oh, it's been quite awhile since I've given you a bad time . . . )

Still with the family, and glad...house prices, like everything else in the Bay Area are just way to high for 1, and I would be in no way ready to be on my own, as I already got my hands full with full time school and full time work. No need to live on campus as the university is in the same city I live.

That's one of the perks of living at home. The rent is so cheap, er... I mean, there is none! You save a ton of money. But at the same time, I needed to leave because my parents are so strict. Even though I am already 20 (almost 21), I had to come home every night for dinner (which is not a problem at all, I enjoy having dinner with my parents and my sister... but sometimes I was busy and I just could not make it), I could not stay out very late, and not to mention, I DEFINITELY couldn't have my boyfriend over.

...but at the same time, living with roommates has it's downsides too. I live with 4 other people (who all either have boyfriends or girlfriends) and so even though there are only technically 5 people living in my flat officially, there is always at least 4+ people over (and on top of us 5) everyday so it feels so crowded sometimes. Plus, my roommates seem to always want to make parties and I don't have enough quiet time to study (How do American college students do it?! They party all the time but still manage to get A's! I study all the time and I'm barely making it!) I can't wait until I get my own place!

I too live at home at 24 years old. My mom's house that I grew up in, I live with my mom. She does get on my nerves sometimes but it is not bad at all, and the prices out here for apartments etc are horrendous. I pay my mom quite a bit of rent too, $900 a month because I think she would have sold the house already if I didn't live here. The $900 includes 1/2 cable 1/2 cell phone 1/2 power 1/2 water/garbage though, so it's not bad.

I do look forward to landing a better job soon though and perhaps getting my own place.

I currently live with three roommates in campus housing at University of Cincinnati. Four people living in an 11x18 room is quite cramped to say the least, especially since we are the "hang-out" room and there are always at least two other people in our room. At times like when we watch movies or play video games, there can be up to ten people in the room. Breathing can sometimes seem difficult. But it's not bad since we all get along amazingly.

Next year, however, three of my friends and me are living in and on-campus apartment that isn't actually owned or operated by the university. One current roommate is living with me next year as well as another architecture student we met in studio and an automotive design student we me through our other two roommates who we are not living with next year. The apartment is great. It has two bedrooms (each of which is as big as our dorm room meant for four people) two full bathrooms, a full-size kitchen with bar, and a living room big enough for at least six people...and it's all cheaper than the tiny quad I live in now. Funny how that works.