TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

2008 NBA Playoffs: What to look out for in the west

I guess San Antonio finally got the memo that the second round of the playoffs were going on, because they actually looked interested in playing....and winning last night.

As for the C's, I know Cleveland's not dead yet, and you can't keep LeBron down like that forever. I'm hoping for a split in Cleveland.

It's nice to see 'em hand out a beatdown like that though. And in saying that, I should also give props to LeBron for the way he handled himself. I'm really impressed by this guy. He took a beating like a man, made no excuses, and was even out on the floor as the final buzzer sounded, giving his teammates encouragement. Nice change of pace from the usual NBA image. Hmm, maybe this league really is changing for the better.

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The theme of the playoffs - Home Court wins.

It's just amazing how much different the games are at each team's home court. Everything that could go right for the Spurs last night did. The Hornets didn't deserve to win since they played so badly, but it's funny how in SA the Spurs are allowed to play physical, but the Hornets aren't.

^That's just the advantage of being the Spurs. They're the defending champs and have veteran experience. In the eyes of the officials New Orleans is a young team that has talent and plays well, but makes "amature" mistakes. I am not saying that this is acually the case, but we know that in the world of sports, as well as everything else, reputation is everything. The Spurs are coming in this series as the favorite to win up until they receive two more losses.

Simply put, It's hard to play the role of underdog.

Here's hoping New Orleans gets the W tonight. I say that both because the Spurs have been a painful thorn in the side of the Lakers for quite a long time now, and who really wants the Spurs to advance any further besides their loyal fans? No one wants a Pistons/Spurs Finals again.

Let's just hope that in the outcome of a Laker parade, we don't see the events that happened back in 2002 (two stabbings and TONS of fights at the near-by train stop)

As the comissioner, let's hope he fixes the series to reflect this match up...Just kidding...or am I?

^Don't worry, there won't be a parade this year. Unless they have a parade for being the Western Conference runners-up.

Soooooo....what kind of parade do you guys throw for second round exits?