TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Favorite magazine?

Bucket

I really enjoy reading Neon (a German magazine) because it is political, but at the same time talks about issues like sexuality, pop culture, and current events around the world. I also really like GQ magazine (both American and German) because I like to know what's in fashion where I live.

What's your favorite and why?

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The only magazine I subscribe to is The Economist. I try to keep up with what's going on in the world, and it gives me a good weekly update of things I have missed in the news. Final exams and the end of the semester have kind of thrown me off over the last few weeks, so an Economist can be a good way to play catch up.

I work at the library, so I get to see a lot of magazines on a reglar basis, and usually just stop and read whatever stories catch my attention from the covers. Personally I like the Men's Fitness or Men's Health magazines. I am very much interested in keeping healthy, but the guys on the cover also play a part in grabbing my attention.

Someday I'm going to get myself ESPN magazine, however as of right now I read one called the Federalist Papers... It's a political organization I'm a member of and they send out a magazine once every few months. I do need something a tad bit more entertaining!

Sports Illustrated. #1 for me. But those are my dad's, and I don't have any subscriptions to my college living quarters. I do get Boy's Life at my "real" home, though.

Others I'll read if given to me: US News and World Report, any sports ones, occasionally Newsweek, and Eastbay (sporting goods catalogue, so I guess technically not a mag. Sue me...)

Ever since I've moved to the States, it's been hard trying to find a good magazine (and by good, I mean... not relating to celebrity gossip). Are there any magazines out there that don't relate to Hollywood in anyway but is intended for the young adult reader? There must be!

^ Honestly, there's a magazine out there for every single possible interest. If you haven't been to a big bookstore like Borders, or Barnes & Noble, then I'd suggest perusing their magazine section, as they're rather large, and may help you find something you're searching for.

As for me, Bluff Magazine, and CardPlayer are currently at the top of my list. I used to be a big magazine reader, but nowadays I usually find enough online (Slate) to keep me occupied. Men's Health was always one of my favorites along with certain Travel mags, and Newsweek. Stuff like Newsweek, Time, etc. are simply too depressing anymore though.

My favorites are MAD Magazine, TransWorld Skateboarding and Alternative Press. Out of those, I usually read Alternative Press more, to be informed on those ever-changing need-to-know bands. After all, music is my life!

I wouldn't mind being in a band...

• 2 weeks later...