TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Backwards on Musik Expresses...

I remember when I used to go to the Virginia State Fair, some Musik Express operators used to send the ride forwards and then backwards. However, at all the theme parks I've been to, they've only gone forwards.

Are there any parks out there that have ever or still do run the backwards part of the program? Can Himalayas do the same thing?

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Which is Mack or Bertazzon Music Express?

I rode the Bertazzon Musik Express at Santa Cruz Beach Boardwalk as Tsunami is better for running forward and then backward.

I was a little kid to rode the Arctic Flyer (Himalaya) at the Santa Cruz Beach Boardwalk and I am grow up to rode the Video Storm from Arctic Flyer is rebuild a theming as Video Storm with the green fiberglass seats, yellow wall, center, canvas and top.

What kind of company for the Video Storm? operated until 1999 to removed and Tsunami is add in 2000 look like same of Himalaya and Musik Express

Video Storm is not Reverchon Himalaya but I seen a different part of the himalaya with fiberglass car?

That's true, although I recall some larger parks do let their Matterhorn flat rides go backwards. For instance SFA did back in 2000. I haven't been there since then, but I know that they did when I went. Granted it's a different ride, but I feel it's the same concept.

Also, Grandma + out of control ride = ensuing hilarity.

Materhorns swing out, the concept of the older folk scares them, even though I agree with you, kind of the same concept, and in my opinion, a better ride where nobody gets squished!

Rest her soul, my grandmother was ALWAYS riding with us at Kennywood up into the 90's. You should have seen her after riding the Laser Loop in 1980, it was pure knee-slapping, pant-soiling histeria!

The Himalaya on Mariner's Landing, located on Schellenger Avenue which is one of three piers that is part of Morey's piers, located in WildWood,NJ has a forward and backward program and I must say it is alot of fun. It goes really fast and if you sit on the outside instead of on the inside you get crushed! They recently installed seatbelts to keep people from flying out of the cars that is how fast it goes.

^My mistake, it is called Musik Express, not Himalaya. And they give you one hell of a ride program!

Hmm.. when I was at Marnier's Landing back in the 90's, it was called Cortina Jet. It did look like a Musik Express.. Is there any way to tell the difference between a Mack model and a Bertazzon model? They look very similar.

That's true, although I recall some larger parks do let their Matterhorn flat rides go backwards. For instance SFA did back in 2000. I haven't been there since then, but I know that they did when I went. Granted it's a different ride, but I feel it's the same concept.

One time, at SFA they did it backwards, and the other time they did it forwards. They didn't do it in the same cycle. The Himilayas / Musik Expresses, and Flying Bobs have a bigger capacities so it doesn't really matter if they run it both ways. They just don't want to.

The Wisdom Himilaya has a capacity of 44 with all cars being filled, but the carnival Himilaya might be smaller than your typical amusement park Himilaya. The Thunderbolt gets 36 adults, or 54 children. These aren't that low of capacity rides.