TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Great America TR - April 26, 2008

Well, I decided not to take the camera this time (sorry!) I didn't have enough pockets to carry everything to avoid the new locker policy - more on that later.

Dark Knight Construction

While walking to the park, I saw tons and TONS of dark gray pieces of the Dark Knight coaster right next to Superman! Also, there's a big old eyesore of a giant grey metal box right in front of Superman (the building the ride will be in). The entire entrance to the ride is finished, and it looks VERY impressive! The big Gotham City Railway metro entrance is standing where the old theater used to be. Also, people who just rode Superman can sneak a peek at construction of the ride when walking down the exit path. I could see the lift and station track finished as well as bits and pieces of the rest of the ride already put together.

American Eagle Retracking

I have to say that I was impressed with the ride. It was running exceptionally well yesterday (though bumpy as hell!). The blue track is now being retracked on the portion from the station to the bottom of the lift, and the red one has already had the retracking done.

Raging Bull's Paint Job

Holy crap! Although it wasn't open yesterday due to high speed winds, the ride looked as good, if not, better than it did in '99 when it first opened. The paint was so shiny that when the sun reflected off of it, you couldn't even look at the ride! The painting still isn't completely finished (just small portions of the track need to be painted), but they'll be able to get that done on the weekdays.

Deja Vu Demolition

All that remains is a pile of blue supports and the bottom 20 feet of the back spikes. Across from the site, Splashwater Falls is gone - is the 2009 B&M Dive machine rumor true? I hope so!

Food

I decided to eat at Johnny Rocket's. Bad idea - I spent $15 for a burger, half-frozen fries and onion rings, and a small coke. Don't plan on eating in the park this season. Bring some hot dogs and a small charcoal grille - tailgating would be much more fun than eating here.

Everything Else!

• Whizzer was fun as always! Although the entrances into and out of the banked turns are pretty rough, the ride is a classic.

• V2 and Viper were great - just how I remember them from last season.

• Batman and Raging Bull have the new locker policies - $1 for a locker which is reserved for riders of the certain ride only. I didn't try out the system because I didn't have any loose items.

• Demon can be demolished any time you want, Six Flags - no one rides it anymore, and it's painful. (Seriously! Every time I went, it was a walk on, and the corkscrews are torture!)

• Superman didn't open until about 2:00 in the afternoon... I got one ride on it and it was fine. Then it E-Stopped later in the day.

That's about it... I wish Raging Bull was open, and I do miss Deja Vu a bit. I guess I'll just have to wait until next time (Don't worry, I'll bring my camera next time as well!).

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

^^ the following rides I noticed had lockers yesterday, Raging Bull, AE, Iron Wolf, B:TR, Superman and it looks as though B:TDN will probably have them as well. The bins ARE still there for things like shoes though and at one point my sister had won some stuffed animals so she bought a locker at B:TR and rode several rides and claimed them before the time expired. No issues yet with having enough lockers.

American Eagle Retracking

I have to say that I was impressed with the ride. It was running exceptionally well yesterday (though bumpy as hell!).

How is that possible. Bumpy and great?

Demon can be demolished any time you want, Six Flags - no one rides it anymore, and it's painful. (Seriously! Every time I went, it was a walk on, and the corkscrews are torture!)

I know crowds are light opening weekend, but that hardly means no one rides it anymore. Besides, without Deja Vu and Splash Waterfalls, there now, you have to have something to ride.