TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

SFGAM Opening Day Photo TR

^I wonder if the ride will open on May 21st. How long does just testing the thing take from someone that knows about new coasters? Once, they are finishing putting up the track, that's all good and well, but what about them doing how many hours of testing on that thing? X^2 is testing already (for a little bit now), and it's going to open May 24th. TDK still has track to go.

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It didn't appear there were any staffing issues. Wind yes. Staffing no.

Typically, there's enough staff to run the major attractions, but not everything at one time. You have to remember that a good portion of the employees are college/high school students that aren't back from school yet.

After all, it snowed in Chicago this week.

How am I the only Chicago person to not have seen any snow this week? I wouldn't say the flurries we had would hinder construction.

So this is totally speculation, BUT...

To me it seems kind of odd that the park created Mardi Gras, when they also kept Orleans place. With the addition of Dark Knight coaster next to S:UF, it seems like we are getting a density of Justice League superheroes in Orleans Place. Is it just me, or can anyone else see the re-theming of Orleans Place as "Justice League Central" or something of the sort, just like IOA's Marvel Island. That would alleviate the oddness of two "New Orleans" themed sections. But that brings up another question. What about Batman: the ride? Well, two options there, move the entrance, or change the theming. The 2nd seems very unlikely, but the entrance could easily be moved to the new "Justice League" section. What are people's opinions on this? Am I totally insane? Or is this totally a possibility in the next few years?

I'll end up getting the season pass parking so I'll end up saving money. I truly feel bad for the people who only get to Great America once during the season or are people coming in from out of town. For $25 they should let you bring your car on the rides or at least wash and buff them while you are in the park. I'm sorry, even with the fact that I'll get to SFGA six or more times this season, I think the cost of the parking has gotten to be that I'd rather park nearby and walk to the park. Six Flags has gotten a little too greedy for my tastes.

So What about Batman: the ride? Well, two options there, move the entrance, or change the theming. The 2nd seems very unlikely, but the entrance could easily be moved to the new "Justice League" section. What are people's opinions on this? Am I totally insane? Or is this totally a possibility in the next few years?

I'd put more money on them simply renaming it and repainting it. Like calling it something stupid, like Goliath.

What about Batman: the ride? Well, two options there

I think you're reading too much into it, and I doubt very much we'll see a change in that area (at least in the near future).

The truth is that the park is looking very drab right now, and this will probably be a disappointing season. The only people the park currently caters to are 3 year olds, or people who want to stand in line for 90 minutes for a coaster. The situation wasn't helped by removing two pretty high-profile rides and replacing them with nothing. I know, they probably have to clear land now so they can start working on 2009 before the end of this season; but the giant vacant lot in the middle of the park really isn't helping.

Add to that the ludicrous $25 parking, appalling food, and redundant 2008 addition, and you're sadly left with a park that looks more like it's being run by Cedar Fair.

Cameron.

I'll end up getting the season pass parking so I'll end up saving money. I truly feel bad for the people who only get to Great America once during the season or are people coming in from out of town. For $25 they should let you bring your car on the rides or at least wash and buff them while you are in the park. I'm sorry, even with the fact that I'll get to SFGA six or more times this season, I think the cost of the parking has gotten to be that I'd rather park nearby and walk to the park. Six Flags has gotten a little too greedy for my tastes.

The $25. is for general parking the value lot witch is the old overflow lot is $15. Their is signs when entering the parking boths, They do give you a choice.