TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

SASUKE/Ninja Warrior Discussion Thread!

SASUKE, known in America as Ninja Warrior, is a game show with one goal: beat all four stages of an obstacle course. This obstacle course regularly features such challenges as the "Warped Wall", which is a five-meter quarter-pipe that must be ascended. Most of the obstacles are over muddy water; if one touches the water, one is instantly disqualified. More information can be found at Wikipedia's page.

Any fans out there?

BTW, Wes, the reason I posted this topic again was because my first iteration was, indeed, vague. I hope this iteration will be less vague.

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I watch it every day.

I know all of the allstars, I've seen every episode multiple times (women and men!) I can recite stuff, I've studied the obstacles, I'm a member on some of the fan forums...yeah I think it's pretty much the coolest thing ever.

It's too bad G4 is being such a dick about it though! They're pulling down stuff relating to the japan airing of the show so we HAVE to watch it on G4, pulling spoilers, and made a deal with the Japan company so that if you're an American you HAVE to go through the stupid G4 contest to compete when you used to be able to just go over and try out!

We did some of the obstacles at Muscle Park in September and I can't wait to go try them again now that I know them better!

Yeah...I'm a loser!

Here are some pix from our visit:

I made it across the entire hand bike! (Third Stage in the real competition!)

Pipe Slider kicked my ass. I felt better about this when I saw that this was a very hard third stage obstacle!

Joey tries the Cliffhanger. This was so impossible, no wonder why they all fail. I don't think any of us made it past one move!

LOL one of the newer 2nd stage challenges, totally impossible! Come on, if the allstars can't even do it how can we!!! (Yes I know they figured it out the 2nd time they used this obstacle!)

I love this show. The best part is definately when they're all excited and they go: "Kono-wan-yey Spidaah Walkuuh!!"

G4 stopped working on my bedroom TV, but it works on the living room one. It sucks, 'cause now when my brother's playing Halo and I want to watch some crazy Japanese dudes on an obstacle course, I can't!

LOL one of the newer 2nd stage challenges, totally impossible! Come on, if the allstars can't even do it how can we!!! (Yes I know they figured it out the 2nd time they used this obstacle!)

SALMON LADDER!!!!!

I so want to try those. I would totally suck at everything though, because I have like no arm strength. But it would be fun!!!!!

• 2 weeks later...

Wow, I can't believe that someone finally makes a post about Ninja Warrior and I missed it.

We've been watching the shows now for well over a year, since a fellow member of BACT turned us on to it. Yeah, it sucks that G4 is trying to block all of the spoilers. You used to be able to watch the tournamant results on Youtube right after they aired in Japan.

It kind of makes my location make sense now. I firmly believe that Toshihiro Takeda, along with President Abraham Lincoln and the Nature Boy Rick Flair are the 3 greatest men to have walked the earth.