TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Photo TR: Behemoth Media Day - Canada's Wonderland

Carnage

rollin'_n'_coastin' I sat beside you on the charity ride. The onride picture taken of our ride is the most absolute brutal picture of me in life.

The park was so packed (Like your pictures show) I feel really bad for some of the people who were trampled and had to wait in the crowd. It wasn't a very well thought of and organized process of getting people to the line safely, knowing that they had a very anticipated ride opening for the first time.

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

rollin'_n'_coastin' I sat beside you on the charity ride. The onride picture taken of our ride is the most absolute brutal picture of me in life.

Oh hey man! I hope I was a good neighbour, as scary as that climb up the hill was

Small world huh? Good meeting you and hope you and your girlfriend enjoyed it! I hear you, I took a copy of that picture home and some of my head is cut off, I think it's really funny....but I'm going to try to get a copy of the second one also. Say hi if you see me around. I'm sure I'll be back to try that out again for sure!

So, Paul, I don't think anyone asked this yet - how were the ride ops handling the ride/queue? How were dispatch times?

I rode today, and it wasn't busy at all. With 3 trains going pretty full, the ops were really fast. They knew what they were doing, well trained.

I wish I could say the same for some of the other rides, they don't all know what they're doing.

I really wish I was working there this year, I would love to op that ride. It's a blast to ride, it would be amazing to run as well.

It's a great coaster, I've never been to any other park, and am only going into my 3rd year of being a coaster junkie.

The employees had to really "prove" that they wanted to work on Behemoth. I think I remember someone saying that they had to write an essay on why they would love to work on Behemoth. From what I've heard, it was a very picky selection process.

I can imagine the process for being hired on the Behemoth crew would be tough. It would be similar I think to Skyflyer.

The Skyflyer crew goes though I believe 25 hours of in-depth training and certification before they can op the ride.

I just emailed the park nominating the crew of Behemoth for an award for best customer service. They deserve it, they know how to run the ride.

So, Paul, I don't think anyone asked this yet - how were the ride ops handling the ride/queue? How were dispatch times?

Well, I think some others have already answered it.

But at season pass night it sure looked like they were dispatching pretty quickly. While waiting for Back Lot Stunt Coaster trains were going up the lift pretty often.

As to how the ride ops are,etc I really wouldn't know. I haven't waited in a regular line yet. Dispatches were slow on media day, but that's normal what with the extra time to duct tape cameras to the train,etc.

I find the worst a$$ kicker in general in the park to be Wild Beast.

Still is. I rode it on season pass night and it felt as rough as before. Though granted I'm a glutton for punishment and pick the back seat.

Still is. I rode it on season pass night and it felt as rough as before. Though granted I'm a glutton for punishment and pick the back seat.

OMG, I rode the back once and I couldn't believe how rough it was. I'm a front car person, so it wasn't surprising that I rode Behemoth for my first ride in the very front.

So that's it, then? Another decent but unremarkable creation from B&M . I'd be nice if B&M came out with something extreme and awesome like they did a long time ago, but I know I'm just fantasizing.

BTW, nice POV.

No kidding. I'd like to see an LIM launched floorless B&M with a top hat element and some of the inversions B&M normally puts into their floorless rides

^By pacing I think he means how the elements are combined. For example - hill, turn, helix, hill. On Superman it's like... helix... STRAIGHT BIT STRAIGHT BIT STRAIGHT BIT hill. It's odd. Any straight, level section of track feels weird to me on a coaster. Most other coasters, it is either changing direction or elevation constantly.

BUT ANYWAY... thanks for sharing, Paul!

It's drop, turn, hill, helix, straight bit, hill, straight bit, helix, bunny hops. My god, and you used to live 30 minutes away from DL. I live just over 2 hours away.

But anyway, the first time I ride RoS for the day, the drop is freaking amazing, but afterwards, I don't get much airtime. Weird. And that happens every time. But overall the airtime is really fun, and trust me, as I have been on SFNE's S:RoS I know what airtime is. The helices I agree are huge, but they are forceful. Especially if you lean in the opposite direction that the helix is heading (lean right for helix 1, lean left for helix 2.) I agree RoS is not in my top ten, but it's close and it really is a lot better than most people say it is, and besides, it was Intamin's first Hyper Coaster, so you got to give them credit as it is just a test coaster, and even then it ranks pretty high on the polls.

So that's it, then? Another decent but unremarkable creation from B&M . I'd be nice if B&M came out with something extreme and awesome like they did a long time ago, but I know I'm just fantasizing.

BTW, nice POV.

Isn't Goliath considered B&M in its prime? I've heard it's really smooth but still packs a punch with great airtime.

Lol.

Ok, if the park doesn't have any B&M's except this one, then I've never ridden one until yesterday.

When we were there last August, we found Great Canadian A$$ Buster to have the worst ride. On the return it had some nasty harmonic bounce.

This is how Behemoth looked when we were there

When we were there last August, we found Great Canadian A$$ Buster to have the worst ride. On the return it had some nasty harmonic bounce.

It was actually MUCH better last year then it was the year before. They retracked the portion right before the turn-around, which was by far the worst spot. As you came across the last hill before the turnaround the train would feel like it was coming apart at the seams, and the lap bars would ratchet down a few notches.

Awesome report Carnage!

Thanks for the pics & POV it looks like alot of fun.

I am Glad CW finally got a Big coaster, you guys have waited long enough.

and judging byPassholder day it seems the GP think the same thing.

I remember when Tomb raider had their SP preview night and they even advertised Volcano being open and barely anybody showed up.

Thanks again, JEFF

The employees had to really "prove" that they wanted to work on Behemoth. I think I remember someone saying that they had to write an essay on why they would love to work on Behemoth. From what I've heard, it was a very picky selection process.

that sucks...when i worked at SFMM i didnt even ask to go to tatsu, i just ended up on the schedule there...riddlers was way more fun to operate tho

^^^ How right you are about Nutbuster. That re-tracking definitely helped that section, but overall it's still a brutal coaster. It's rough, has no airtime, and I can't stand that bloody tunnel around the helix. It's so ridiculously loud that I cover my ears.

Next on my wishlist is a GCI Twister! I'll go down and steal Kentucky Rumbler piece by piece if that's what it takes to get some good wood at Wonderland.

Yeah its big and all, but it looks so weak with all those trims.. That and it was creeping over those hills.... SFOG Goliath is sooo much better of a ride imo.

Maybe you should ride both rides before declaring one sooo much better.

The trims really don't affect the ride that much. Or at least not yet.