TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Cedar Point's Next Coaster?

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They have some space issues, although they always manage to build rides because of the ways they build..

Disaster Transport could be torn down, so then another twisty ride could be put in that midway... becauuse Wicked Twister, Ferris Wheel, and maXair are all beautiful... and then there is this ugly building just sitting there..

I dont think CP needs that many coasters right now... they have plenty of them.. maybe some more original rides.. a state of the art dark ride..

Unless Intamin builds CP another record breaker like they usually do.. I wouldnt expect anything too amazing .. anytime soon ..

they definetly needs some kind of coaster with inversions...i mean out of their 16 coasters, only 3 go upside down...im down with a floorless, flyer, or 4D...there was a wild rumor a while back about Dueling Flyers, but personally, i don't see that happening.

Well... that would be nice... With the park running out of room for a big coaster on land, it going over the water would make sense.

I'd expect CP's next coaster to be all about inversions, but not for a couple years. The height record is way out of reach and I personally hope they don't go for it, I'd rather see something interesting. All speculation at this point...

Same here. I'd would rather see a B&M Floorless or another B&M Inverted with a nice array of inversions...maybe even some "world first's" inversions thrown in too. Tired of the same ol' (Loop, Dive Loop or Immleman, Zero-G-Roll or Heartline, Cobra Roll, MCB, Interlocking Corkscrews on the B&M's).....though B&M has quite a few very original coasters..(Hydra, Superman: Krypton Coaster, Wildfire, Incredible Hulk, Dueling Dragons, Silver Star, Silver Bullet, Nitro, Daemon ect..)

Even though I would enjoy a new coaster, I wouldn't mind not having a coaster built for the next few years. Now, I realize that Cedar Point is a constantly developing park, but I'm personally happy for what they have now.

I want a B&M Floorless.

They should go for a wooden coaster that has inversions. CP needs anothere woody because Gemini and Cedar Creek Mine Ride dont really count as a woody. Disaster Transport is like a dark ride anyway. I say that they should remove Demon Drop and put in a new kind of Top Spin that goes like 150 feeet tall, and has fountains with lights in the water so at night the water changes colors. And it also has strobe lights 8)

Nice thoughts so far. Yeah, they are running out of room in the park for another coaster.

What would be way cool would be a flyer that goes through the parking lot, just missing the tops and sides of cars and busses. My other thought for a flyer would be to build it around Raptor so the flyer and Raptor would duel.

A spinning mouse like Waldameer's would be cool.

Rather than build a floorless, couldn't they put floorless trains on Mantis (that should remove a lot of the ouch factor).

But my ultimate would be to tear down Mean Streak and put in a dueling woodie like Hershey's Lightening Racer.

if they were to do the tallest looping coaster, they better hire B&M. I agree with the Mantis Floorless and the Flyer over water. I just think they should get rid of the trims on Mean Streak, it goes sooooo slow over the turn and there is NO airtime.