TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

JZ's Six Flags Over Georgia Photo TR!

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was just down there for ACE Spring Fling and this is what I recommend:

Ride Goliath first thing as many times as you can because it will become crowded.

Head to the back of the park and ride Superman: Ultimate Flight as many times as you can.

Then you are free! Mindbender, Batman and Georgia Scorcher needs to be hit before everybody eats lunch. The Georgia Cyclone, Great American Scream Machine, Dahlonega Mine Ride and Canyon Blaster can be done after 3pm.

You must ride Acrophobia before noon or 1 hour after closing.

They have a new Jhonny Rockets that is a good place to eat. Also you may leave the park and drive five miles to Lithia Springs or 10 miles to Douglassville to find good chain resturaunts.

1 hour before leaving at night, Acrophobia, Goliath, Batman, and GASM are good to ride.

The flat rides they have besides Acrophobia is Wheelie (enterprise), Monster Plantation ( indoor boat ride), Splashwater Falls, Log Jamboree ( water rides) and Thunder River!

Great American Scream Machine and Vekoma's Ninja are rough. You have been warned. Hope you have fun!

You must ride Acrophobia before noon or 1 hour after closing.

Great American Scream Machine and Vekoma's Ninja are rough. You have been warned. Hope you have fun!

How can you ride Acrophobia 1 hour after the park closes? They usally shutdown the rides before the park closes.

I didn't find GASM rough at all. Don't forget to sit in the first seat of the last car (Vekoma seat).

Zach, I hope you have a fun time!

-Tatum

Okay, it's official. I'm going June 6th from around 1-2PM to 8PM.

The park's site says it closes at 8PM, but it's a summer friday night. Can anyone else confirm it closes at 8?

How long can I expect lines to be? Will kids still be in school? I'm planning on getting a Q-Bot.

When I come up to the ride's station after waiting with my Q-Bot, will I be able to choose where I sit?

If I'm going to wait for a ride like Goliath, I'd like to get a back or front seat; rather than being stuck a middle seat of the middle of the train.

Thanks in advanced for the replies.

-JZ

I think kids get out of school sometime during May in the south.

I might also get to go to SFOG if I'm lucky. My dad's company is based down there and he may have to go down there soon to pick up something. If so, then I plan to go with him and try to talk him into a side trip to go there. I have never been to a SF park (beleive it or not), so if this happens, it will probably be a unique experience for me. Seems like a lot of your info will help me big time.

*keeping my fingers crossed*

The park's site says it closes at 8PM, but it's a summer friday night. Can anyone else confirm it closes at 8?

That's probably right. The hours were really cut a year or two ago.

How long can I expect lines to be? Will kids still be in school? I'm planning on getting a Q-Bot.

Lines shouldn't be terrible.. especially if you don't have to wait in them No one will be in school, the last of the schools let out today.

When I come up to the ride's station after waiting with my Q-Bot, will I be able to choose where I sit?

If I'm going to wait for a ride like Goliath, I'd like to get a back or front seat; rather than being stuck a middle seat of the middle of the train.

Yeah. On Goliath you merge in the station, same for Superman. On Batman and Scream Machine they have set rows - back for Batman, in the middle for GASM. Mind Bender and Scorcher both merge at the back of the station, minimizing your walk to the best seats

That's probably right. The hours were really cut a year or two ago.

Lines shouldn't be terrible.. especially if you don't have to wait in them No one will be in school, the last of the schools let out today.

Yeah. On Goliath you merge in the station, same for Superman. On Batman and Scream Machine they have set rows - back for Batman, in the middle for GASM. Mind Bender and Scorcher both merge at the back of the station, minimizing your walk to the best seats

Awesome help! I'm hoping the lines will be alright, and I'm going to get my flashpass online so I won't have to deal with things inside the park.

Good news on the Q-Bot lines, I'm hoping to get a front and back seat on Goliath! And my friend stresses the importance of a front seat on Batman, I'm really looking foreword to this B&M Invert!

-JZ

Oh, and we'll see what my Nikon D-40 can do

• 3 weeks later...

Hey guys! I'm still on vacation, so pictures will be uploaded soon. The Nikon D40 was AWESOME and took some really professional shots! Oh, look out, MonkeyPants!

Well, I had a great time at the park. It was sunny, and about 100*. Yeah...very VERY hot. And it's sad to say the rides were the only things that made me so happy about this park. Here's why.

The park operations and staff here horrible. With two exceptions for Goliath and Acrophobia's staff. They were singing on the mic, getting the crowd involved, and just all around fun.

BUT. It was the usual SF operations I hear about.

-Ninja, GASM, and I think the Wile Coytote were all one train ops, making it hard to get those credits.

-All the rides, yes all. Were stacking. Maybe a few times they got the trains moving quick, but 75% of the time....stacking. Superman was freaking HORRIBLE.

-The ops were always messing around, not attending to the rides.

Okay, here's a huge rant...so get ready.

Me, my friend Michael, and my two brothers all headed up to Georgia Cyclone. There was no wait for the back car, and there was an empty train in the station. So we all head for the back car. The gates are closed, so we wait a little bit. Then, either a supervisor or manager, or whoever, along with an employee took the back seat.....after we had been waiting a few minutes! Then they recognize we're standing there and open the gates. Me and my friend walk through wandering if they will get out of the seat...and they don't. We try to go back, but the gates close. So my and my friend have to go before my brothers, so we're seperated...which we were told not to do. And I don't want to leave them by themselves. They're 12 and 10. So they won't open the gates, and they have trouble unlocking the restrains, and we go on the ride. Yeah, the ride was good...but we had to wait at the exit because the seats were taken. I was really shocked at this, but we just had to suck it up and move on. We didn't have much time left. But it didn't ruin the day! For the park being claimed to be the 'highlight of SF' it didn't live up to the rep.

Now, the park looked great. It had really nice woodsy areas, very nice flowers and other gardens flourishing all around. The only part I felt was kind of out of place was the area back by Superman, Ninja, and GASM. That area just felt like 'CF' or regular park. Wasn't as nice as the rest.

The rides!

They were awesome. They had a flume, sky ride, coasters, and....not so many flat rides. But holy crap, Acrophobia was awesome.

Goliath (15 minutes) - This just absolutely stood out. The ride, and the staff. Now. When we first got up into the station, all the trains were shouting 'one more time!' and soon I found out. I didn't know if I believed it or not, but the op said, "If everyone shouts and yells, you get to ride one more time." Well, lucky enough for me....I got to have back to back rides in the FRONT and BACK! Though the first drop in the backseat was GREAT.....the front seat is my favorite. Everyone on the train was screaming...and sure enough, they just kept the restraints locked and sent us through! Oddly enough...they managed to stack the trains!

The RIDE: Yeah, I think it's my new number one. I loved the ride. Obsolutely beautiful views going in and out of the park, riding just over the lagoons....so awesome. Oh and there was airtime on every hill. It was my first B&M hyper...and I can't wait for it to come to KI! The only thing I found wierd was that almost everyone can't touch the floor. Why are the seats up so high? Anyways, the restraints were comfortable, the ride was smooth, the helix was GREAT, and the trims were almost nonexistant!

Superman (35 minutes) vs. Firehawk vs. BORGHawk:

-B&M wins for comfortable rides.

-Pretzel loops are awesome!

-Heartline rolls just don't do anything for me on flyers. Corkscrews are awesome.

-Going up the lift on Superman was boring. I love the flip over!

It's a big push/pull, I can't choose who's best. They're all just all around fun, nothing amazing. Now...maybe Tatsu would.

Acrophobia (15 minutes)- Awesome, awesome, awesome. Uncomfortable? Yes. But the airtime was really, really good on this one. My #2....close to Giant Drop, but better than and S&S or Drop Zone. The guy was singing and messing around on the mic, and it was really distracting from the anticipation! I only got one ride, and wish I could have gotten more.

Scorcher (5 minutes) - I'm a fan of B&M stand ups. I just like them. The loop was nice, and some of those high banked turns threw me out of my seat! The corkscrew is great, and there was no head banging. Too bad we had to wait on the brake run for 5 minutes.

Batman (0 minutes) - I got three rides on this bad boy. One in the front seat, and two in the back rows. This thing is freaking INTENSE! Think you've had some g's on other rides? No, come ride this now. It'll slam you from side to side, and make you feel like you're 10000 lbs heavier. The zero g is my favorite part ofcourse. I was really suprised with the overall effort in theming this ride. The qeue was cool and it looked really nice. It came close to my top invert, but I think I still like Top Gun:TJC better. After three rides, I was dizzy. Two rides is enough for this coaster.

Mindbender - One ride in the backseat. A very interesting ride. Forceful loops, ejector air, and a smooth ride! I was suprisingly impressed with the overall ride.

Georgia Cyclone - One ride in the backseat. This was an insane woodie. I don't know how old it is, but it felt like it was 50. It had incredible airtime, and some roughness. But I don't mind the roughness. It was a long ride, and it's my #2 woodie behind Rumbler.

I'll have more reviews and pics later. I'm still on vacation!

-JZ

How long was the wait for Ninja? There is usually never a wait. Usually Ninja runs two trains. The two trains really speed up the half minute wait!

I can't wait for the pics!

-Tatum

About 20 minutes. It wasn't anything special, just had some new odd elements. Kinda got beat up. I liked the location, right over the water...really nice!

Goliath Oh and there was airtime on every hill. It was my first B&M hyper...and I can't wait for it to come to KI! The only thing I found wierd was that almost everyone can't touch the floor. Why are the seats up so high? Anyways, the restraints were comfortable, the ride was smooth, the helix was GREAT, and the trims were almost nonexistant!

-JZ

The B&M Hypers are designed to be almost floorless except that there is a floor down there, they have great leg room. All of them are that way. The seats are supper comfortable and you kinda lean back a bit, love them..

Goliath is a great coaster, and glad you got to ride it. It will give you a great idea of what is to come at your home park.

The park operations and staff here horrible. With two exceptions for Goliath and Acrophobia's staff. They were singing on the mic, getting the crowd involved, and just all around fun.

-Ninja, GASM, and I think the Wile Coytote were all one train ops, making it hard to get those credits.

Wow, that sucks that the park wasn't operating well when you went. Well by reading your TR it sounds like you didn't really have to wait in any serious lines despite the poor operations, which is good.

p.s. Wile E. Coyote is a one train coaster.

Wow, that sucks that the park wasn't operating well when you went. Well by reading your TR it sounds like you didn't really have to wait in any serious lines despite the poor operations, which is good.

p.s. Wile E. Coyote is a one train coaster.

That's what I was thinking. It was a really cool coaster, though...I think it's funny how it needs a lift to get it back into the station, lol...seemed like a RCT coaster!

The wait times were fine, the longest wait was for Superman - 35 minutes. It was really because of the really slow dispatches. I mean, they had two trains going and one was sitting on the break run for about 5 minutes most of the time! It was definitely better than laying backwards head first like Firehawk/Borghawk.

Goliath's seats and trains were really cool. I loved the seats and it kind reminded me of the Intamin Half Pipe. It's not floorless, but the seats are high up enough that you can't touch the floor. I like it! The airtime really makes your whole body float in the seat! I really, really can't wait for KI to release what's going on.

The no bag policy/loose articles was very 'loose'. I could put my shoes/camera/phone in any of the places to the side of the station! I liked that a lot. Though on Goliath, they didn't let you put bags there.

Okay, another HUGE pet peeve of mine. So most lines didn't get out of the station..maybe just outside. Nearly every kid was jumping over the gates and actually going through the landscaping and flowers to get to the station. Yeah, good move...you may have skipped up to 3-5 people...but you stepped on flowers, and pissed people off. But that's not the worst part....the employee who's standing out by the entrance is letting this happen! Not saying a thing!

Same with smoking. Tons of people smoking in lines and throughout the park..and no one is saying a thing. Now, that's something I think every park needs to work on.

I know you will all probably hate me for this...but I didn't get on the Ghost Manor or whatever. I think I saw it...but I didn't see any signs for it. I looked, but couldn't find it. Sorry guys!

I loved my trip to SFOG, but it was the rides that made the trip, and park in my opinion. I know it's only one visit and it sounds like I just had a bad experience. They just need some more flats! Great coasters, and GREAT drop tower. Now they need some more! I am definitely planning on trying to stop by next year or some other time. Beautiful park, fantastic rides, not so great operations and staff.

-JZ

So was Mind Bender stacking consistently or once or twice or did it not stack at all? At 2.5 mins and lapbar-only, it often times dispatches before the other train hits the 2nd vertical loop...

Okay, Mindbender was half and half from what I saw. I don't know how they were stacking, but they seemed to do it. Even in Goliath when we got the bonus ride. They stacked. We just stayed locked in the seats for a while. The ops were talking to each other, messing around or trying to hype us up... And that's great but we want to ride again! Awesome rides, awesome park...bad operations.

-JZ

Nice TR and lookin forward to pics. Anyone have tips for a mid-August Sunday trip to SFOG? I'm thinking of hitting the park for the first time this summer, but with work and stuff, my time may be limited to weekends >_< Are the crowds real bad on Sundays?

Not to semi-hijack your thread or anything, dude haha

Are the crowds real bad on Sundays?

Since Georgia is a Jesus state, the park is pretty dead on Sunday mornings. You could possibly get all the credits by noon, maybe 1pm if its busier. Just check the site to try to avoid days with festivals.

Yeah, I heard the ops talking one someone was asking if the rides were always this dead on the week days, and they said they were always crowded on the weekends and pretty dead on the week days.

One of the ops also said that Georgia Cyclone opened before everything else since it's in the front of the park. So...if that's some help. I leave tomorrow morning, so I should start putting up the pics tomorrow evening.

-JZ