TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

North East trip planning

Dr Freeze

I've got a lot of parks in the North east I want to go to. I'm sure it will take 2, maybe 3 trips to get them all:

Pennsylvania:

Conneaut Lake Park

Dorney Park

Hersheypark

Kennywood Park

Lakemont

Knoebels

Idlewood

other Northeast parks:

Six Flags Great Adventure

Lake Compounce

Six Flags New England

The Great Escape

Six Flags Darien Lake

Which should I combine for one trip? Is there a good route to hit all the PA parks? Are any of the small parks close enough to get to 2 in one day? I'm not very good when it comes to route planning. Especially since I've never been to any of those parks (or states) - so ANY suggestions would help. My ideal trip is a "leave on sunday, get back on friday" (6 day) style trip (that worked great for my Ohio trip last year). Since there are so many up there and it would make sense to make the most of things if I'm in the area, I might be able to do a "sunday through next week's friday" trip (13 days). I usually have at least 3 people with me, so driving is more affordable for us than flying (my parents have a nice travel van, I use it more than they do!). ideas?

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

lets see...Six Flags Darien Lake and Great Escape are sort of on opposite sides of the state of NY. Darien Lake being near Rochester and GE is in Lake George about 240 miles from Darien Lake. Six Flags New England and Lake Compounce are about an hour and half from each other but it works in working yourself down to Pennsylvania since LC is on the way.

Here's how I would group them:

Six Flags Darien Lake

Martin's Fantasy Island

Seabreeze

Marineland

PCW

Conneaut Lake Park/Waldameer

Kennywood Park

Idlewild

Lakemont/Delgrossos

Six Flags Great Adventure

Dorney Park

Hersheypark

Knoebels

Williams Grove/Dutch Wonderland

Lake Compounce/Quassy

Six Flags New England

The Great Escape

Maybe La Ronde or Funtown/Splashtown or Canobie

Keep in mind these are not the ORDER to hit the parks, there are additional parks you could hit, and you'd need some more detailed planning.

Elissa "Hope this helps!" Alvey

Lakemont and Delgrosso's are like 30-45 minutes from each other, so you can do both on the same day. I did them both on a Friday in August. Delgrosso's was pretty busy in the afternoon. I went at Lakemont after 5 pm and there were like 6 people there!

Oh, sit in the front of the Skyliner at Lakemont. It's smooth in the back and unbearably rough in the back!

Lakemont never seems to be busy, unless they're giving away free food. I was there on one of those days, and have never seen so many mullets, bad tattoos, chain smoking, cursing and shoving...and don't get me started on their husbands!

Seriously, that was one annoying day at that park. I think all I did was ride LTD a couple of times before bailing. On most normal days, you'll be able to ride everything without much of a wait. I really like this park, but it's not somewhere that I'd normally end up spending more than half a day there at the most.

Delgrosso's is right up the road, and is usually much more crowded. Be sure to try the pizza and the potato salad. It is godly!

dt

ok, that park grouping helps

I really just need to buy a big map and put it on the wall, with thumb-tacks at park locations.

With SFGAdv working on their 13th coaster (record breaking at that), do you think it will require more than one day? I will probably be going on weekday. I have a Six Flags season pass, so cost isn't too much of an issue.