TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Carowinds Question?

We are planning to go to Six Flags Over Georgia the fourth week in July as a part of our vacation. I noticed that Paramount Carowinds is about 4 hours away by car (which will add an extra 3 hours of driving for the return home).

Do you think its worth going to? If so, how are the crowds for a July weekday? Also, does anyone have other suggestions about this park?

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

If you have the opportunity to go on a weekday, then yes, I would definitely say it is worth the trip. Granted, it is my home park, but I don't really think I am *too* biased. On a typical weekday you should be able to get all the rides done fairly quickly, as long as you don't go to the waterpark. Top Gun is one of the best inverteds B&M ever made, in my opinion, and after you ride the Flyers once you'll probably want to spend the rest of the day on them. Hurler has also been running very well lately. My only suggestion would be to get to the park when it opens and go to Borg first thing if you want to ride it. Carowinds does not have the great collection of coasters that Six Flags Over Georgia has, but it is a nicer park in my opinion.

Yes Carowinds does have a few good thing to make a stop, but on a weekend, it may not be the best idea. We went on Saturday in April and I got busy VERY fast, but we were still able to conquer the park before noon and then I spent the rest of the day on the flyers, no rules on snapping ... yet

I went to Carowinds in April and I had fun! The Super Saturator was down all day due to high winds, but I manage to ride all the coasters before noon on Sunday. I even had a chance to ride some of them a few times! Sunday wasn't too bad. The longest line was for Borg Assimilator, which had an hour long line due to a breakdown. Everything else was 15 minutes or less.

Well thanks for all the advice! I guess then its a "yes" that we will try to go to this park as well. If you ever need any advice on the parks around Orlando look me up! I think the plan is we will go to the park on a Tuesday or Wedesday.

^^ What I normally do as far as going around the park is park at the South Gate, I hit Top Gun first then go to your right around the park.

You'll next come to Nick Central and our beloved flyers!!!

Or if you go counterclockwise you can hit Thunder Road (racer woody) and then finish with the flyers!!

It seems that more people use the North Gate.

But it's hard to tell since I'm always there an hour earlier than the GP for Platinum ERT!!! 8)

Oh by the way.... If you are a member of ACE you get HALF OFF at Carowinds!!! http://www.aceonline.org/discounts/