TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

What are your 4th of July plans?

Hi,

What's your plans for the 4th? Usually, we (the hood), have a big party, bbq w/loads of beer and great food and music. We light some fireworks during the whole day, but when the sun goes down, ba-BOOM! We take to the street and turn it into a war zone. (we always clean up the mess, so the cops don't arrest us. )

Our fireworks rigs rival the Pro's.

The (Will it Work?) contest this year is: Who can use Estes rocket engines to effectiviely Launch a toaster at least 50 feet in the air? The Great Space Toaster will rule!

If my sister brings her camera, I'll upload the pics.

Have a safe and fun Holiday.

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well living in suck-ass california for most my life, I am enjoying the 4th again, now that I live in Albuquerque

We are having a small celebration with some illegal in california fireworks, hell, sparklers are illegal wher I came from

it will be fun, not intresting enough to post pics though

I'll probably do the same stuff as i do on the 3rd july, 5th july and 6th july etc..... Not much maybe go shopping. Walk the dog. Clean the house. Play RCT3 and Soaked. And then watch Monday Night Raw, except that will technically be the 5th july cos it's on live at 2.00am. It's gonna suck now that Batista has gone to Smackdown and Raw gets that loser Cena.

I'll probably do the same stuff as i do on the 3rd july, 5th july and 6th july etc..... Not much maybe go shopping. Walk the dog. Clean the house. Play RCT3 and Soaked. And then watch Monday Night Raw, except that will technically be the 5th july cos it's on live at 2.00am. It's gonna suck now that Batista has gone to Smackdown and Raw gets that loser Cena.

uhhh, don't you live in the UK, do you actually celebrate the U.S. independence from britain?

do you guys even care over there

Well no, it doesn't really mean anything to us, and to be honest, we don't really care much about it either. I just thought I'd join in and say what I would be doing on the 4th July. We don't really have any special days where we do stuff like you do, except maybe Guy Fawkes Day, where we have fireworks and bonfires and stuff (November 5th).

The town I was born in (Bristol, RI) has the country's biggest 4th parade. We go there every year, my girlfriend has a house on the parade route. It gets insanely crowded so having a house right there makes viewing the parade that much easier.

I'm a HUGE fan of the Texas Rangers and I got great seats for the Ranger game at 7:00 in Arlington. This should be fun because they play the 2004 WS Champion Red Sox. Plus, this will be on National TV.

I love the Ballpark in Arlington (Ameriqest Field), it has SFOT next door along with SFHH. It has my two favorite places just a parking lot away from each other.

It looks like Diana and I are going to SFMM with her friend Marissa. Marissa is moving to Iowa in a week, so we wanted to take her somewhere fun. SFMM will probably be jam packed, but it's just fun being at the park.

We get in and park for free, so it'll be an inexpensive day! Maybe I'll post a trip report with pictures if I bring my camera.

Eric

• 2 years later...

Watch Fireworks on the 3rd from the City on the roof of my work building. Watch Fireworks on the 4th from the Towercam of work from the local racing track while getting paid 22 dollars an hour. Move into my new apt. on the 5th. Go to a Car show on the 6th.