TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

PTR Iron Pigs vs. Richmond Braves

Sue

Here's a couple pictures from the AAA baseball game that we went to at the brand new stadium here in Allentown, PA. The Lehigh Valley Iron Pigs were playing the Richmond Braves. Little did we know when we bought the tickets a couple months ago that we would witness their first ever win. After starting off 0-11, they finally won last night. We found the food and merchandise prices to be higher than expected, but the tickets and parking were both reasonably priced. It was a fun time and we'll definitely return. It worked out well that the game wasn't very crowded so we were able to move around and try out a bunch of different seats on the left side, right side, and behind home plate.

On to the pictures...

Mascot signing autographs:

Here's a sample of the food prices:

They actually won a game!!!

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Great report! I love minor league baseball, and I actually enjoy going to their games more than the majors. That's a really nice looking park, too. The food prices didn't seem *too* bad until I saw what 3 chicken tenders and fries cost. Eh, overall, not bad for AAA compared to one step up, I guess. Also, I love the lineup card that's posted outside...very nice touch.

Thanks for posting. I need to get up to Chattanooga to take in a game soon.

^Come on Scott. Forms of entertainment outside of amusement parks are free to charge whatever they want for food and drinks

Thanks for posting this - I love minor league ball. I haven't gone to a major league game in 5 years but I'll support the minor leaguers.

This was the first minor league game we've even went to so I don't have anything to compare it to. However, the stadium was very nice and we had a good time Going on a weeknight when kids have school the next day is probably the best time to go. We'll definitely go see the Irong Pigs again and maybe even check out other games if we happen to be in the area of one.

I would be lying if I said I was a real baseball fan... but this caught my attention since I live in Richmond, which, by the way is the most pathetic sports town in the nation.

The Braves have been in Richmond since the late 60s, and there's been a lot of controversy over the last few years about building a new ball park to replace the decrepit and run-down Diamond they currently play in. Seriously, pieces of concrete are falling off of the structure and the field floods every time it rains. It's not in a good part of town, and nobody really wants to go there. But the city officials have pushed back about building a new park for a number of years, and the Atlanta Braves management now wants to move the team to Georgia possibly as soon as next season. Even with that pressure, the city still has no plans to build or renovate a stadium, yet I've watched about 12 new shopping malls open since the late 90's and another one's under construction. It's just not the best place for sports fans (even though we still have our single-A hockey )

Seriously though, it's great to see the new park in Allentown - it looks really nice. Thanks for the pics.

"The food prices didn't seem *too* bad until I saw what 3 chicken tenders and fries cost." (BeemerBoy)

They could be the big chicken strips, in which case it would "sort of" be worth it.

We do have minor league baseball here in SoCal, but I've never been to a game. Looks like fun, though.

Eric

What 4 stadiums have you been to and what would you say was your favorite among them?

Trenton (for the Trenton Tunder years ago)

Somerset Patriots

Staten Island Yankess

Wilkes Barre Red Barons (years ago)

I still need to get to a brooklyn Cyclones game.

I love the Staten Island Yankees (Rookie League), because I like rooting for the underdog (only 10% of these guys will ever make the majors).

My favorite stadium was Lackawanna (sp?) where the Red Barons played. Great setting, fun times.