TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Veganism / Vegetarianism

Hercules

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

no, I'm not saying you're crazy, unless you consider changing your lifestyle for something unreasonable crazy, than ya.

Wow, what a B!tchy thing to say. Who are you to call them unreasonable anyways?

because him asking me if I'm calling him crazy wasn't b!tichy at all when all I said what my opinion and that there's no sense in it to me.

and larrygator is absolutely right.

^

"we are able to enjoy nature and what if offers, and that to me includes admiring an animal as well eating them. I mean, there's nothing like a good rack of baby back ribs. And to me when you give your props to the cook, you're also giving props the animal that you ate from. Nature's all about everything depending and interacting in a very delicate network, and even though people are in a position that we can survive without really any dependance on animals that doesn't mean we can't still enjoy them. "

haha alright, well I'll say it.

I'm more important than anyone's puppy!

including Paris Hilton's.

no, I'm not saying you're crazy, unless you consider changing your lifestyle for something unreasonable crazy, than ya.

but I really don't have a problem with it.

and of course Sean would say something thinking he's high and mighty for saying something that makes him seem like he sees everything from a worldy point of view.

...Ouch. I never intended that! If I came off as high and mighty, I'm sorry.

- Sean

Wow, If this topic were a food, it would be a Hot-Pocket!

I've never really given this subject matter much thought until now. Maybe that's because I don't know anyone who is a Vegetarian/Vegan. Nor has this subject ever came up in the conversations I've been apart of throughout my 21 years of life...at least not to my knowledge... So I have nothing but respect towards anyone and everyone, unless the person gives me a legit reason otherwise, everything is peaches. What you eat, the music you like, the religion you practice is your business and your's alone.

I don't think that I could ever, nor would I ever want to give up meat (and I do care about the enviorment and animals, whoever says otherwise: Su Problema, No El Mío! ) That's just my personal choice. It's been a life long routine that for many, will continue. For those who feel obligated to down talk anyone for their choice to be Vegetarian/Vegan or not: you have a one track mind! Thats whats wrong with the folks in this world today.

comparing an insane man who murdered people and ate them to killing animals and eating them is the epitome of lack of sense.

Actually, the idea that you are showing something respect by killing it and eating it is the absurdity here. I'm far from a vegetarian, but that notion was one of the dumbest things I've read in ages.

^Depends on your definition of respect. The Native Americans respected animals, but in a different way. They would kill them, but use all of their bones (either for weapons, jewelry, tools, etc), eat their meat, and use their skin for clothing. This was not murder to them because it was natural to kill and eat animals.

I met a girl the other day, and she said that she was a vegetarian and yet she still ate white meats (ie: chicken and fish). What's the term for this?

^Depends on your definition of respect. The Native Americans respected animals, but in a different way. They would kill them, but use all of their bones (either for weapons, jewelry, tools, etc), eat their meat, and use their skin for clothing. This was not murder to them because it was natural to kill and eat animals.

I met a girl the other day, and she said that she was a vegetarian and yet she still ate white meats (ie: chicken and fish). What's the term for this?

I didn't know that chicken was a fish!

Technically, she would be a semi-vegetarian. A Pescetarian is someone that eats fish and seafood, and a Pollotarian is someone that eats chicken or turkey. They both fall under semi-vegetarian, and combined she would be a semi-vegetarian.

In my opinion, she is not a vegetarian at all.

• 2 weeks later...

I don't really like the idea of eating animals, and I've messed around with the idea of ridding myself of of eating them. I haven't eaten KFC in years due to the treatment of its chickens. I also only drink soy milk now...the only actual milk I ever have is in stuff that it is baked into...I don't go through the effort of avoiding that stuff just yet. Within the next couple days I am going to try fake eggs and eventually attempt to completely rid myself of meat and food items with animal products in them. Its a slow process.

My vegetarian roommate gave me this video to watch. Chronicles the day-to-day practices at some of the largest industries in the world, all of which rely entirely on animals for profit. This film shocked me, and it definitely made me uneasy eating meat for awhile. Not one of those propaganda films like Fahrenheit 9/11, but instead, it shows what really happens through the use of hidden cameras. A good watch for both vegetarians and non-vegetarians.

To each it's own... I'm not giving up my meats. When they showed the videos of the downed cows getting kicked into the stalls I kept eating my sandwich. Exactly how does humane treatment of animals you're gonna eat work anyway?

Farmer: Here LuBelle have some more grass, are you comfortable?

LuBelle: Mooo.

Farmer: Was your stable clean and comfortable?

LuBelle: Mooooo!

Farmer: That's good. (Pulls out axe)

LuBelle: Moooo?

Farmer: Yahhh!!!!

LuBelle: Moo! Moooooo!

('Taps' plays)

Farmer: Get that carcass in the grinder, we grillin' for dinner! YeeHaw!!

Humane treatment sounds like stabbing a friend in the back to me.

Terry "My beef sandwich was good today" Weaver

Exactly how does humane treatment of animals you're gonna eat work anyway?

I don't get it...

Are you saying that b/c you kill the animal, then everything else is nulled and that the animal should just live its life in a miserable existence?

Human treatment works very simply, not to be abusive and let the animal live a comfortable life. Clean air, plenty of food and water, sunlight, a clean place to rest (animals do not like living in there own feces), not being force fed, if it is injured...then it is being cared to.