TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

HELP!!! RCT 3/ compuer question

I just got a new laptop and it has vista. I successfully installed RC3 and when I insert the disk it brings me to the option thingy (the one where you have to select play) but when I click play nothing happens or in other words it does not play. What do I do

PLEASE HELP

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

People, there is one specific word he stated in the first post that tells all answers. His poor laptop is running Vista. I'm sorry, but vista is a piece of crap, it can't run anything. I know one case where it is even incapable of running itself .

I could not agree more! Vista sucks!! I have more problems with Vista than I ever had with XP!

The Ghost the only thing I can think of to tell you is to un-install RCT3 and then re-install it! If that does not work try re-starting your computer... if that does not work E-mail the people at Atari and to see if they have any solutions!

~Matthew

Vista is amazing if you can shut off the things you don't need. My laptop (which was UPgraded to vista from XP) has been running amazingly. It just depends on the extra dough you spent if you customized for better graphics, memory, and processor speed.

Anyways, back to the point.

What kind of laptop do you have, and did you customize it?

Vista is amazing if you can shut off the things you don't need. My laptop (which was UPgraded to vista from XP) has been running amazingly. It just depends on the extra dough you spent if you customized for better graphics, memory, and processor speed.

I agree. I have had a few compatibility issues running Vista, but I have almost always found a workaround (except in the case of AIM. AOL+Vista=major problems). After shutting off some of Vista's more annoying features, I have been surprised at what a stable system it really is. I have a Dell laptop with Vista and a decent ATI graphics card, and RCT3 runs just fine on it.

On my old XP computer I had an issue similar to what you are experiencing, where the screen would turn black as if the game were about to start loading, but then it would immediately go back to the desktop. A problem like this is most likely associated with your graphics card. It turned out that I was trying to run it with an MX series Nvidia Geforce card, which was incompatible with the game. Just make sure you have the latest drivers to your graphics card and all of the game patches from Atari. Also, if you have not tried this already, you might want to see if it will run in XP compatibility mode. Just right click on the game icon, and go to properties: compatibility, compatibility mode. Also check "Disable Desktop Composition" if you get the game to run but have any problems with it running too slow. This temporarily stops the Windows Aero background processes that eat up your memory while you are trying to run a game. This is especially helpful for computers with only 1GB of RAM.

Anyways, back to the point.

What kind of laptop do you have, and did you customize it?

I have a HP Pavilion dv6000, and Windows Vista came installed on the computer. I did not install it, and I wish it did not have it. I have had nothing but problems with windows vista since I got this computer. Everything from games not working, to websites not working. I so wish I had XP instead.

~Matthew