TPR's first ever Hard Rock Park PhotoTR

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In some ways, Hard Rock Park "feels" much like Alabama Adventure and

Wild West World, but with better rides and themeing. There are some

Fashion Island/california shopping mall nuances as well, with even a

little Magic Mountain spanish flavor thrown in near the front entrance.

It'll be better once the trees grow in, the bush thickens, and there's

something to get you wet. No water rides is a curious call, but good for

HRP using covered q's. My gut still says they'll get both water park expansion and rapids in the next couple years.

Anywho, A great TR and congrats on being a part of music AND TPR

history.

Nice trip report, although I must say I am not really impressed with the park so far. I'll wait till I see more trip reports with the whole park opened up, but at this point I'm a tad disappointed.

Geesh what more were you expecting from a park being built from the ground up and not covered by a theme park chain?

I mean this sneak peek was MUCH more promising than that Wild West Park that open then closed in like 3 days lol!

Sooo true, I was at Wild West World when it opened.

That slow brown Vekoma at this park is already better than anything at WWW

I have no idea how you can compare WWW and HRP

Wild West World had about 10 themed (small) buildings and a handful of carnival rides.

It was just beyond bad.

The park needs an updated version of the classic game show Name That Tune as an attraction, much like what Disney achieved with Millionaire.

Also, I like the idea of the concert series included with admission. George Clinton & Parliament/Funkadelic - May 23rd. Hells yeah!

Scott "I can name that tune in two notes" B.

^I know! I was really considering crashing in on my family at Sunset Beach again for that one! It's about a five hour drive for me to get there...or about 8 1/2 to Erie, PA. I'm trying to decide which way to head!

One thing I noticed is that they used a lot of existing buildings. The ice rink show place was originally there as a Branson like theater. I think that one was the Gatlin Bros, but I'm not sure. The British section was off limits when I did the hard hat tour, but it looks like they used the existing old outlet mall buildings to put those in. They hadn't changed the out of park exteriors on those yet when I was there. This seems to be a good use of funds and time, but I'm just hoping it doesn't show to much when your in the actual ride/game area.

Oh, and someone commented on the lack of games...the Pinball Wizard must not have been open yet...it's supposed to be a huge arcade area. I don't know what it will include, but the tour guide I had said it was supposed to be the largest arcade in any amusement park.

^ I forgot about the wizard! Long as they focus games to be in one area im fine. It was nice to walk around and not be hassled to play a game! lol

Oh yeah I was browsing the forums and found this...

Just to let you guys know they were NOT operating when I rode it twice! I guess it's there for safety on a roll back

Nice TR.

At first, I was on the, "it's small and young and sucks" bandwagon, it reminded me of Wild Adventures in south Georgia with a music theme, but then I thought about it and realized, it's a newbie all around. IOA was built to compete with it's neighbors, so they had to bring in the big stuff and spend $$$. In time, I think HRP will grow.

Will it be successful? Who knows. Time and money will tell.

First of all, great TR. I think MRPM will be a very unique ride, but I am concerned that it could possibly have load problems. I love any park after dark and love the fact that HRP is open from 10am until 1am each day during the summer. I agree it is a little bare right now, but I think it will grow. Myrtle Beach is such a huge vacation spot and when people travel there, they don't care how much money they spend, so the park will stay busy during the summer. I don't think we will have to worry about the park closing. I can't wait to check it out mid-June while I am on vacation there.

So what did you think about Led Zeppelin? Was it any good, or just an average ride?

I loved the "experience" It is a very fun ride and has a killer first drop! The ride, of course, is very smooth and the forces are moderate. It is def re-rideable and a memorable experience especially having that drop. As a matter of fact my friend was saying instead of the zero-g roll they should have had an airtime hill!

Nice pictures. This place looks awesome!!! They need to do some upgrading on that carnie coaster. Does anyone know what sec. of the park the Flitzer thingy will be in. Can't wait to go!!!!

All the info you need about that carnie coaster is right HERE (CLICK ME) and also I want to say thanks to hardrockparkblog.com for all the extra information.

I know people have slammed HRP... but we all must understand that this was a soft opening! They offered an opportunity for people to get involved in the "happenings" at the park! If you go during soft opening you know that many rides may not be up and running and those that are running, might have some issues!!

I enjoyed tha MANY PHOTO OPPORTUNITIES!! My wife and I love getting fun photos that show off our trips!! We began have photo ops as we came into the park... at the gate, car, guitar, surfboard, etc. We loved them... and they turned out great!

Led Zep was fantasitc. The first drop was amazing! The turns and and flips were off the chain! My wife still says her favorite part was being upside down over the water! Eagles Life In the Fast Lane was pretty nifty. We rode it a few times.

While we were in Cool Country we enjoyed the Swings and Rockabillies Resturant! Definately try the footlong (so worth it). The kids would definately enjoy Shake Rattle and Roll.

Heading to the British Invasion you have to check out the punk pit. Lots of flying foam balls shooting from cannons and guns. Then take a moment to chill out in Nights in White Satin.

Allthought there were not a ton of "ROLLERCOASTERS" there was still lots to do. You can go mudding, magic mushrooms (spins), a jumping set, etc. There were a lot of activities for children, including a rock climbing wall, ropes course, swingsets, merry go round, and so much more!

We greatly enjoyed our time at the Hard Rock Park. They still have some work to do, but I would recommend you check them out!

Ok, I have cleaned up this thread and deleted a lot of obnoxious posts. Please do not let it get out of control again.

And everyone, please remember, this park is in it's SOFT OPENING.

It takes years sometimes for a park to mature. Please give this place more than a day one trip report before outright trashing it.

Not every park can be "IOA" on opening day. And if you set the bar that high, you'll probably be dissapointed with just about every new park that opens.

I do want to thank Jarmor for posting a VERY in depth trip report. I really felt like I learned quite a bit about this park that I never knew before reading this.

--Robb

Ok, I have cleaned up this thread and deleted a lot of obnoxious posts. Please do not let it get out of control again.

It takes years sometimes for a park to mature. Please give this place more than a day one trip report before outright trashing it.

Not every park can be "IOA" on opening day. And if you set the bar that high, you'll probably be dissapointed with just about every new park that opens.

I do want to thank Jarmor for posting a VERY in depth trip report. I really felt like I learned quite a bit about this park that I never knew before reading this.

--Robb

Not only that but the Hard Rock people never got into the amusement park business until now.(correct me if I am wrong) So I am actually quite impressed by the work they have put into this park. It looks like it has an IOA feel to it, but a bit different. I really want to go!!!!

FYI; the Chief Creative Officer comes from Busch Sea World (multiple locations) along with other venues, the Operations Director is last from IOA, Construction and Technical Directors have extensive Florida theme park experience, the General Manager is just from a stint at Canada's Wonderland. The higher level managers have all had some form of amusement park or attractions experience and many of the "regular" operating staff are from theme parks on the Eastern seaboard from NJ to FL.

Anyone notice the similarity of the rat shadow effect during the Eagles-Life in the Fast Lane coaster and a projection during the beginning of a certain dark ride at IOA?

Loving the restrooms. That was a really brave move. can someone get a pic of the other restrooms, i remeber seeing on the early HRP website that most of the bathrooms will have something special. including mirrors that have hollograms of music stars in them that appear when you look in them. In that rest room how come the pic black girl has the be the one looking all interested, while the other girls are poking fun. lol.

--Robb

Not only that but the Hard Rock people never got into the amusement park business until now.(correct me if I am wrong) So I am actually quite impressed by the work they have put into this park. It looks like it has an IOA feel to it, but a bit different. I really want to go!!!!

lets remeber hard rock park leant its name and theme so they are involved bu the dream team and others actually came up real ideas and aspects of the park. Its not like hard rock park said we got renoun restaurants and stores, lets take a bunch of our money and build a renouned theme park. Remeber this is mostly private investers and loans to to get the 300 million dollars to break ground for this park. those 2 cleared areas that was lamars TPR look real promising. I smell water ride clorine. And atleast we know that they look to keep adding to the park on a regular basis. unlike IOA which opened up like the 8th wonder of the world and now finally after years of being opened were about to get a real new ride. Dont read that wrong I love IOA as much as anyone. lol

i made my first offical visit to hrp over the weekend. i happen to disagree that there is not a lot for kids to do. i find just the opposite. my wife and only found 3 things for adults. all the rest of the rides and attractions are perfect for kids.

we walked around the park twice and only rode 4 rides. we are a bit disappointed with the park. we expected more, but when we take our daughter it will be a whole lot more fun as she will be able to enjoy the majority of the rides.

we were able to ride led zep 3 times with no wait and the eagles 2 twice with no wait. gotta love the soft opening!

I must say that even if it looks relatively 'dull' without the trees, I point people in the general direction of this photo I was sent of Vampire in 1990...

Piccy

When you look at it now, you'll never imagine there being no trees, same for this park...

I really like the look of the park overall, it COULD definately do with a couple more flats, but when as said there isn't as much finacial clout as Universal or Disney, and with Carowinds being 150 miles away from it, it's a decent little place to test out the potential of how well the park will do...

I hope it does... Especially if the British Invasion are gets some more stuff