TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Photo TR First To Ride Led Zeppelin

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The ride looks great and so does your TR. You're so lucky that you got to be one of the first people to ride!

So did you use the tickets to get into the sound check?

Thanks, and thanks everybody for the compliments on the photos. I hope everybody clicked the link to see the rest of the photos from my day at the Auction there are lots of photos of the Zep that I didnt put in the report here on TPR.

Sure did, and luckily I was on the first real train of the day I was about the 20th person in the gate at opening time for Sound Check, so I headed straight for Zep and got the first train.. We even had a computer glitch in which there was no sound on the Zep..

I hope to have another photo update tomorrow with lots of photos from around the park in another tread. Just havent had time to go through the photos, I will post when I do..

The cobra roll is a pretty popular element, I guess (not one of my favorites, but what hell).

I have a feeling that this ride will a lot like Hollywood Dream at Universal Osaka--not mind blowing, but fun.

The cobra roll is a pretty popular element, I guess (not one of my favorites, but what hell).

I've actually had this conversation before. I was talking with some friends and they pointed out that the cobra roll has become so popular, that it's almost like the new 'vertical loop.' It has become so overused that it has lost its novelty.

I don't really understand why companies don't experiment more with inversions. There is so much to be done, but so many companies, particularly B&M these days, seem content with what they have.

When was the last time B&M made a roller coaster that's truly intense? I'm curious.

Tatsu.

Thanks so much for the photo TR and the information regarding this ride. I was very anxious to see how the theming and ride would end up, and I have to say I'm pretty impressed.

im really sorry if someone already asked, but how was the loading situation worked out. wasnt there a little space issue? does it do the "dueling dragons" two trains in one station load and unload thing? just wondering

you are correct. while the preshow is going on the train is unloading...moves up to the gates and sit for the patrons to board thru the loading platform

To elaborate a little on the loading. Inside the blimp is the unload and load area. There is enough room for both trains in the station with the Ride Op area in between them. The Q and lines are outside of the actuall coaster. Inside the blimp they have enough room for one trains worth of people plus you are already in a predesignated seat assignment. Once you see the move and move into the boarding station you are ready to ride. Its kind of unique in the way they have put the Q system together which I think may cause some problems in the long run but still pretty cool. There are 3 or 4 areas in the main Q house that you pre set up for the train then you move into a secondary room for the film then you get on the ride.

Thanks for sharing your experience with us. What a great opportunity! I am really excited about the idea of this park. Being one of the first to ride a new coaster, new park, in what is pretty sure to be a chain of parks...very cool!

I was able to do the hard hat tour the first week of April, but I can't wait to get back to ride. It's not a very big park and they state they aren't planning on being a big thrill ride park. But I do like the layout and overall concept. Especially the no separate fee for most concert events and general park admission.

I am also one that is about the overall experience. And I am a sucker for a well themed park! That coaster in front of the lake is just beautiful! When I was there a swan was swimming around in front of it as well. (They actually left a little island in the middle of the lake that was originally there...so the nesting swan couple could remain. The bridge passes right over it, so we'll see how long it lasts after the tourists land!)

Thanks again! I look forward to the next posting of photos! Kerry

unlike many people on this thread I LOVE B&M's just because they are so smooth. I love Batman, Tatsu, Alpengeist, hell, I even dont minSilver Bullet because in my mind lack of intensity does not always mean less fun> I have a few friends who LOVE silver bullet but are not even near ready for something like accelerator or even Tatsu. Really if you are there with people who are not ready to ride a good Intamin, such as

acceleraator or even like El Torro they like less intensity. Also I have never ridden a rough B&M

BTW I LOVE COBRA ROLLS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i've been follwing this ride since groundbreak so it's cool to see it finally open. awesome PTR and it amazes me to see how well you can theme a b&m. i thought it just to be a busch gardens thing (seeing how my park is magic mountain, and scream's theme is "Park your car under cobra roll and hop in line") i may have to visit this park soon