TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Photo TR First To Ride Led Zeppelin

The day finally arrived for the First To Ride event on the Led Zeppelin the Ride Roller Coaster. The Hard Rock Park did an auction for people to be the first to ride the new roller coaster at this brand new park. The day began with a short speech from CEO Steven Goodwin. We then headed for the Q house, once inside there were large Zeppelin displays and lots of music. Once in the Q house you are shown a small video and then into another room where you are shown some concert footage of the band. Then it was time for our ride on the new Led Zeppelin roller coaster. Lots of media were on hand for the historic first ride with lots of photo ops and interviews. After our ride we were given our other prizes that were part of the auction including: park hat, Zeppelin T'shirt, bag tag and the signed Led Zeppelin poster and a couple extra tickets to get back into the park for its Sound Check later in the day. All in all it was a great experience and always great to do a little for charity in which almost $10,000.00 was raised.

These are just a few of the photos from the days activities,

make sure you check out the rest here

http://www.johnnyupsidedown.com/eventHRP.html

ze25a.jpg.194ebceaf81ff08df0194c374884ffdb.jpg

ze23a.jpg.83460079c5c662ba43c83fb95d26f4d2.jpg

ze18a.jpg.da8e980c53caace5949da24f54827bf0.jpg

The ride

ze13a.jpg.81577473c7a80873843b7cbcf105a4c3.jpg

The train

ze10a.jpg.33703348cfd8432db9f3d7111569c0dd.jpg

In the exit and shopping area

ze9a.jpg.587f390eb376442e631e46f9ba11b6f7.jpg

Rear of buildind EXIT

ze7a.jpg.469aa66eb27670e41e95a4015557dacd.jpg

Inside the Q

ze3a.jpg.0e0a546b77647711c39233ef5e922b31.jpg

CEO Steven Goodwin makes the annoucement

hr9.jpg.0b957fc9fde9cdc394b508e64e25b4cf.jpg

hr8.jpg.a922cca9986c09e2939b6ff0298d693b.jpg

Memorbillia and signed Zeppelin poster

hr5a.jpg.f8fbaaf17b68a9cb2a68595b1a3166cd.jpg

hr4a.jpg.6e95f49e3d3f2255ac7929571f6ae4b7.jpg

Couple of onride and photo ops

hr3a.thumb.JPG.d9ae4ddb2ea960b8f56e7fb03473abe4.JPG

Certificate

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The ride is pretty much what you would expect from B&M. Medium forces and smooth as silk. The camelback and zero G are among the best. Both flow very nice. The camelback is smooth with out the slamming around that occours on some. The sound adds to the ride and makes things very intersting. Like driveing a fast car on a twisty road jamming to the radio.

No real complaints except I always like them a bit more intense then the medium of most rides today but thats becuase I am a COASTER A HOLIC.

The ride is very reridable and will be enjoyed by all who take it for a spin. One of the cool things is when you are watching the ride you dont hear the coaster you hear the radio blasting as it runs the course. It is really a cool effect as the train loops or runs the helix you hear the music louder and quiter like a passing car.

Basically, good medium sized drop nice floaty loops, good Z g roll and a couple of helixes. Great medium speed looping ride by B&M

J>

Great update! I couldn't imagine how exciting it would be to be the first to ride a coaster at a brand spankin' new park!

I'm not too thrilled with the color of the restraints... after a few good days of sweaty nasty hands.... they will not be white any longer! :0)

The ride is pretty much what you would expect from B&M. Medium forces and smooth as silk. The camelback and zero G are among the best. Both flow very nice. The camelback is smooth with out the slamming around that occours on some. The sound adds to the ride and makes things very intersting. Like driveing a fast car on a twisty road jamming to the radio.

No real complaints except I always like them a bit more intense then the medium of most rides today but thats becuase I am a COASTER A HOLIC.

The ride is very reridable and will be enjoyed by all who take it for a spin. One of the cool things is when you are watching the ride you dont hear the coaster you hear the radio blasting as it runs the course. It is really a cool effect as the train loops or runs the helix you hear the music louder and quiter like a passing car.

Basically, good medium sized drop nice floaty loops, good Z g roll and a couple of helixes. Great medium speed looping ride by B&M

J>

Just wondering, since you said Led Zep is of a medium intensity, I would like to have a comparison: What would your rate these rides in terms of intensity:

Incredible Hulk

Dueling Dragons

Great Bear (save for the S bend "finale")

Talon

Raptor

Mantis

Montu

Kumba

SheiKra

Just wondering, since you said Led Zep is of a medium intensity, I would like to have a comparison: What would your rate these rides in terms of intensity:

Incredible Hulk

Dueling Dragons

Great Bear (save for the S bend "finale")

Talon

Raptor

Mantis

Montu

Kumba

SheiKra

Lets see how to describe this. With out makeing an arguement with a bunch of people.

I guess I would have to say its more or less about certain parts of a ride. Take Montu, I love to be crushed in the seat on the Bat Wing and I would put Montu in the more of an intense range leaves me breath less everytime.. Kumba well I would say is one of the most intense on the list and I would considered it an intense ride versus what I deam a medium ride (maybe add Hulk in there to the intense list). Sheikra, I would put in a thrill ride catigory. Mantis I would say is intense but for the wrong reasons more like pain. Raptor I would put more in the intense range, the helix at the end while the camelback is intense I put it more in the slamming around range. Talon seemed to be more in the medium range same for great bear. Hulk has an overall intense ride experience with some above average Gs and a good long ride expereince. The zep does have a few weak spots which brings down its intense level, the helix could be stronger and a few other things but there is no real wow point in the ride to make it into an intense catagory. Except intense fun.

For me its about the whole ride experience, when you come into the station and you are out of breath or you legs a shaking from the adrenaline rush you just got thats when I put them in the intense range. While some rides are intense in pain some are intense in just fun like Sheikra.

Really its about prefferences, I love rides to have parts where the Gs are above average but I also like some parts where quality airtime is appreciated take Goliath at Six Flags Georgia, while medium in intense for the most part it is a perfect Air machine best floaty air.

LARRYGATOR,

From what I followed in the auctions, the front row went for about 600, second row I think was in the 300 range and the rest of the seats were in the 200 range, back row I think was in the 300 range. I dropped 255 for my seat. I did it mostly for the experience, the photos and the memorbillia. Its hard to get on some of the park media lists to get in for special events. Its really about the experience of going and being at what I consider my favorite time in life, being in a park rideing a ride while the park is closed.

^Where you'll stand till you're breathless, dazed, and confused in the evening when the levee breaks . . .

^^I think the overall ride experience tends to trump "intensity." My main criterion for any attraction--Is it any fun at all?

I think the overall ride experience tends to trump "intensity." My main criterion for any attraction--Is it any fun at all?
My thoughts exactly, Chuck. It may be a "mid-level" beemer, but for me, it's the sum of its parts. The awesome queue, the "re-ridability," the location, the color scheme, the trains, the onboard audio.....and IT'S THEMED TO LED ZEPPELIN! To me, this has just looked like fun from day one.

Sounds like a good ride. If I ever make it down to Myrtle Beach (yeah, right), I'll have to check this out. I have yet to ride a roller coaster with an on board sound system.

BTW, Johnny Upsidedown said that the ride is of medium intensity. When was the last time B&M made a roller coaster that's truly intense? I'm curious.

I'd rather go on Incredible Hulk. Plus Hulk IS ten times better anyway if you compare them on rcdb.

Ummmm...what?

I like the Hulk, and unlike many people on this site think it is the best ride @ IOA, but no way you can compare rides by looking at stats on RCDB