TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Maverick Or Top Thrill Dragster?

Which Ride Do You Think Is Better?  

103 members have voted

1. 1. Which Ride Do You Think Is Better?

• Top Thrill Dragster!
    • Maverick!

Every since Tony and I got your contracts from Cedar Point stating where we would be working Tony and I have had the biggest disagreement on which ride is better. Tony says Maverick because it is longer. I say Top Thrill because of the speed and height. So we decided to make a thread on here to get other peoples input. Which ride to you guys think is "Better" Top Thrill Dragster or Maverick, and WHY?

~Matthew

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There's no competition, easily Maverick. Dragster is fun and all, but it doesn't do much. It's very thrilling, but as far as a "roller coaster" goes, it's pretty lame. It's like a drop tower; really thrilling, but only for a few seconds. Maverick, on the other hand, is an awesome, complete ride. The ride has a sweet beyond vertical drop, inversions, airtime, a launch, and some insanely intense turns. The thing is just rambunctious and one of the most well rounded coasters I've ever been on. The two rides are on completely different levels in my opinion. Personally, I could probably name at least five other coasters in the park that are better than Dragster.

Maverick is BY FAR superior to TTD.

Maverick has everything: airtime, speed, airtime, fun turns, airtime, smooth transitions, & airtime!

TTD doesn't have much at all: Speed & Height

BTW, Maverick is my favorite roller coaster!

Millennium Force puts them both to shame (I think Raptor does too but I'm in the minority) but Maverick takes this one. A lot of people think maverick is rough but I'm 6,4 so it really didn't bother me. Top Thrill is cool but too short of a ride to compete with Maverick.

Out of those two, Maverick is much better.

a longer ride, inversions, great air time.

Top Thrill while the launch is awesome, the entire ride lasts 15 seconds!

not complaining Top Thrill was still great.

my favorite as CP though is

1. Mellinium Force

2. Maverick

3. Raptor

4. Mantis

5. Top Thrill Dragster

Too easy, Maverick is obviously WAY better than TTD any day.

As stated before; Top Thrill Dragster was a mere gimmick, feels more like a drop tower, and I think Kinzel has gone on record to say that TTD was one of his worst investments ever. Sure its a fun ride, don't get me wrong, but not a ride I'm the biggest fan about and FAR from a top 10 ride.

Maverick, meanwhile, is a buffet of everything you come to expect from coasters. Airtime, laterals, quick and sudden turns, and at least Cedar Point attempted "some theming." But easily, Maverick was a ride I really loved and it is no contest, Maverick is a LOT better than TTD.

The last time i went to the Point was when Wicked Twistah was installed so I have never been on either so I really cannot say which is better. My guess is that those are the two rides you guys are working on?

A better contest between the two of you would be who can get the throughput of their coasters higher. Really which ride is better has nothing to do with you two and where you work, but which ride is run better.... that is something you could control.

Jon - someday I'll make it back to Sandusky- Az

TTD did absolutely nothing for me and I wouldn't ride it again unless the line was less than 15 minutes. On the other hand I thought Maverick was a really fun ride (second best there behind Raptor), so my vote easily goes to Maverick.

Thought I think TTD is the biggest, best adrenaline rush I've had in my life so far, I think Maverick is better. It's my favorite coaster. Pure, all out insanity. Airtime here, inversion there, insane tight curve all over! I really wasn't thinking much of this ride, but holy poo poo, this ride is great.