TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Hersheypark 2011 [RCT3]

Very nice work, man. What I'm most impressed with, in this project, is your overall planning. Hersheypark is so compact and a cluster in some spots.. couldn't be easy to get the scale right with everything. Can't wait to see this thing landscaped and finished.

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
I've hit a little snag with building Storm Runner that I just discovered. The angle of the cobra roll that's possible to build on the Hershey's Stormrunner coaster would send the track heading straight into Comet Hollow when it should graze Minetown a little. This means that Storm Runner will all be CS making it a non-working ride.

This also means that I will need to make the pieces, so don't expect another update until I get the CS set finished, but don't worry, I plan on working hard with the set.

Storm Runner does not have a cobra-roll... you mean the flying snake dive? Also, If you haven't.. I'd fix up Great Bear's drop. You seem to have way way too much straight track before the helix on the first drop. And isn't GB black?(http://www.rcdb.com/468.htm?p=4846) And I I would say with RCT's limitations I would make the supports gray/silver. I know they're a weird color. Seems like a very hard park to build in RCT with all the limitations. It's coming along nicely though other than the few things I've mentioned. Can't wait to see how it looks when it is done. Good luck!

^^ I am well aware of this problem and have plan on redo-ing this. When I added the supports, I didn't download the Steel Jungle set. When I get around to it, I plan on fixing the color and supports to make them more realistic.

I like this creation so far, I agree with some post that says to put custom supports on the coaster and I see you are having a hard time. I would volunteer to help you with the supports and other work if you want, its your choice. When you have a decision, send me a PM.

That's okay, I can handle the supports, but I will need help, for anyone who uses a Windows XP Computer, to maybe add some billboards and signage to the park when I'm finished. Right now I'm working at a slow, but steady pace and have added several buildings in Rhineland. Nothing really to post an update about yet.

^^ I am well aware of this problem and have plan on redo-ing this. When I added the supports, I didn't download the Steel Jungle set. When I get around to it, I plan on fixing the color and supports to make them more realistic.

I like this creation so far, I agree with some post that says to put custom supports on the coaster and I see you are having a hard time. I would volunteer to help you with the supports and other work if you want, its your choice. When you have a decision, send me a PM.

That's okay, I can handle the supports, but I will need help, for anyone who uses a Windows XP Computer, to maybe add some billboards and signage to the park when I'm finished. Right now I'm working at a slow, but steady pace and have added several buildings in Rhineland. Nothing really to post an update about yet.

you welcome,I will help you put the billboards, I have a XP computer

• 2 months later...

I love this from what you have down right now minus the limitations but i work at the park and visit it weekly with friends and family honestly this is probably on of the best replications so far ive seen and its not even done yet wonderful job my friend if you need to know signs and sign placement through out the park just send me a pm I've pretty much seen every inch of the park

UPDATE:

Another update. I'm slowly re-doing the supports for Great Bear using the Steel Jungle set and getting rid of the Steelworx ones. Comet Hollow has progressed quite a bit since the last update. I've added some lateral supports to Comet, built some of the game stalls and SDL Sandwich Shop. I'm in the process of adding Looper's station (only have the elevator built), as well as updating some of the park for the 2011 season. This includes the removal of 1 of the catering buildings in Rhineland. I still have a lot of work to go before I can call this park finished.

Shot0156.bmp

Except for a few buildings here and there, Comet Hollow is just about done.

Shot0157.bmp

Shot0158.bmp

Looper's entrance needs a roof... as well as a station.

Shot0159.bmp

Lateral Supports have been added to Comet as well as that random building next to it's lift hill.

Shot0160.bmp

I guess I should change this a little.

Shot0161.bmp

Minetown is probably the most un-developed area at this point, but that's going to change soon.

Shot0162.bmp

If RCT's trees were bigger, then this area would be perfect. More soon.

• 4 weeks later...

The trees that you are having be too small. Old Spice made bigger trees, they give you lag if you use them extensively, but for having them in planters, they are perfect for larger trees. He's done pine trees, as well as many many shrubs, and basically any other tree you can imagine.

I hope you can finish this up, I understand how much work goes into a recreation, I've been plugging away at a Kennywood Thunderbolt recreation, and even for being just one ride, it's pretty frustrating getting all the details. But this is looking really great! I don't know how much detail you are looking to add, but the more there is the better!

Also, may we perhaps see an overview of the park? I'd love to see how you've layed out the park. And also, have you started on Midway America? I'd love to see how you're gonna do those woodies haha, should be pretty tough.

• 3 months later...

For Storm Runner's I just used regular wooden coaster CS supports. If you mean Fahrenheit's, then I custom-made those myself and imported them into the game. Let me know if you want them and if so I'll upload them to the Game Exchange.