TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Hersheypark 2011 [RCT3]

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm still here, it's just that I haven't been logging on because TPR for some reason keeps disconnecting my computer's Internet connection.

While I haven't made any progress on the park so far, it is not dead. Just hibernating. I have just gotten tired of the lag and the 20 minutes it takes for the park to load. I plan on starting back up on the park sometime in June or July when I will hopefully get my new laptop.

Another question I've been debating is whether or not just skip to just making the 2010 version of the park. This would include removing Canyon River Rapids and adding the Seaquel.

I'm still here, it's just that I haven't been logging on because TPR for some reason keeps disconnecting my computer's Internet connection.

While I haven't made any progress on the park so far, it is not dead. Just hibernating. I have just gotten tired of the lag and the 20 minutes it takes for the park to load. I plan on starting back up on the park sometime in June or July when I will hopefully get my new laptop.

Another question I've been debating is whether or not just skip to just making the 2010 version of the park. This would include removing Canyon River Rapids and adding the Seaquel.

Will your new laptop have Windows 7 and Intel Core 2 Extreme?

• 2 months later...

I have good news. I plan on heading over to Best Buy tonight to look at laptops. I won't be buying one for at least two weeks though because I am going to first see what my college suggests what to get for the work that I'll be doing there.

What this means is that I plan on getting back to work on Hersheypark on RCT3 as a summer project and try to finish it before the end of August when college starts.

I believe I still need to theme some of the areas, dust off my custom scenery-making skills (I having made something for over a year), create a new map for the Boardwalk and Midway America area, and build the parking lot, service center, stadium, Star Pavilion and maybe add Chocolate World.

Right now I am contemplating on possibly updating the park and making the 2010 Version (Version 3 since I originally started the project back in 2007, then I started version 2 because I accidentally deleted the park). I may also detail the park even more as well.

I know some of you have been waiting for this for awhile now, but I am pretty confident that the wait might almost be over and that progress may start soon.

I have good news. I plan on heading over to Best Buy tonight to look at laptops. I won't be buying one for at least two weeks though because I am going to first see what my college suggests what to get for the work that I'll be doing there.

What this means is that I plan on getting back to work on Hersheypark on RCT3 as a summer project and try to finish it before the end of August when college starts.

I believe I still need to theme some of the areas, dust off my custom scenery-making skills (I having made something for over a year), create a new map for the Boardwalk and Midway America area, and build the parking lot, service center, stadium, Star Pavilion and maybe add Chocolate World.

Right now I am contemplating on possibly updating the park and making the 2010 Version (Version 3 since I originally started the project back in 2007, then I started version 2 because I accidentally deleted the park). I may also detail the park even more as well.

I know some of you have been waiting for this for awhile now, but I am pretty confident that the wait might almost be over and that progress may start soon.

Also, look for some external hard drives for backing everything up by just the touch of a button.

Mine is a Maxtor OneTouch4 and it backs almost everything up by the touch of a button, of course! Works with XP, Vista & 7!

• 3 weeks later...

After almost a year since i halted work on my re-creation of Hersheypark I am glad to announce that the wait is over! I will be working on the park again over the summer and will try to finish it before the middle of August. This will probably be my final RCT park for awhile and I plan on renovating the current park and turning it into the 2010 version as well as finishing it.

I will have more details on the renovation coming up on my next offical update, but until then here's a screen showing the park in it's current state. My next update will be soon!

122032310_HPonRCT3Returns.jpg.9a5f09913a629dbb73c961391970e476.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
how will you be adding the sea lion show? Js. They didnt have the dolphin show back in 08. I think they removed it in 07.

I'll just build the Aquatheatre structure, but since RCT doesn't have round building objects, it's going to be just a square structure made from CS (answering ScooterGuy's question).

As of right now Founder's Circle is completed and Tudor's Square and Rhineland are going to have to be redone. Photos soon!

how will you be adding the sea lion show? Js. They didnt have the dolphin show back in 08. I think they removed it in 07.

I'll just build the Aquatheatre structure, but since RCT doesn't have round building objects, it's going to be just a square structure made from CS (answering ScooterGuy's question).

As of right now Founder's Circle is completed and Tudor's Square and Rhineland are going to have to be redone. Photos soon!

If Founder's Circle is done, can you show us some screens?

• 1 month later...

Update: I've got a bit further on the park since last update. I've been mostly jumping around to different sections of the park adding buildings and scenery here and there. Here's what I've got done so far:

Shot0001.bmp

I've added a few custom supports to Fahrenheit to give it's distinctive look.

Shot0002.bmp

Storm Runner's station isn't "exactly" laid out like the real one, it almost looks identical.

Shot0003.bmp

Founder's Circle is finished for the most part. The only thing I have to add is Der Deitsch Platz (The area in front of Craftbarn).

Shot0004.bmp

Shyguy's Circus Set was used heavily here.

Shot0006.bmp

For Milton Hershey's statue I used the glockenspiel for the time being. But you can see how perfect it is compared to a real picture of this area with the Kissing Tower in the background.

Shot0007.bmp

Some of the various kiddie rides in Founder's Circle.

Shot0008.bmp

Unfortunately some of the rides do not exist in RCT3, but if someone would be interested in making some of them, it would really help a lot.

Shot0009.bmp

Kosher Mart (Sky Ride station).

Shot0011.bmp

Hmm. What could this be...?

More soon!

Update:

Skyview is completed even though it doesn't have any gondolas. Last night I also worked on adding the building for Resse's Extreme Cup Challege as well.

Shot0023.bmp

Shot0024.bmp

It fit so well that it actually amazed me!

Shot0025.bmp

Reese's Extreme Cup Challenge.

Shot0026.bmp

Finished Craftbarn Kitchen.

Shot0027.bmp

Anyone have a picture of the building that goes here? It's right across from the Craftbarn.

Shot0028.bmp

Yes, I took out Canyon River Rapids and added the SeaQuel.

Shot0029.bmp

There's still much to be done with this area. More soon!

• 1 month later...