TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Grand Theft Auto IV on PS3 and 360

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm highly anticipating this game. I've had the special edition reserved since August, thinking that it would come out in October like originally promised. It'll be a great game nonetheless, and even better if you can ride the Cyclone!

Does anybody have any idea if/when this will come out on PS2? I have every other GTA game for it and I'd hate to not have this one. I still might have to get it on 360 though and make my brother keep his home from college.

It won't be coming out on PS2.

The game was designed as a next-gen game. The graphics and gameplay require the more powerful PS3/360 hardware.

A PS2 wouldn't be able to play such a game without castrating the graphics and gameplay.

The majority of new games are not going to be coming out on the PS2/Xbox. Those systems are out of date, and won't be able to run the most recent games. (with few exceptions)

I've actually been thinking I'll start an 'theme park enthusiasts with guns' gang that uses the carnival area for its territory. Let me know if you want to join [via IM if you prefer].

The Wonder Wheel is also in the game. I think NPC's can ride, but I don't know about Niko.
It's been confirmed that Niko will be able to ride the coaster, the Wonder Wheel - which will be known as the Liberty Eye - as well as a dark ride, known in-game as 'The Corpse Ride'. A shutdown clone of the Parachute Jump has also been spotted in the background of some screenshots.

Saying that, I don't know whether you'll just view a cutscene (like at the carnival in 'Bully') or if you'll still retain control. I'm hoping for the latter as it would be neat to, say, use the Eye as a sniper's nest or get off in the dark ride and kill people as they come through. It would be fun if you had the ability to fire the rocket launcher at the Screamer & cause some massive crash rivalling Final Destination 3's...

I am hoping that we have some life to the carnival though and have midway games etc to play as well as dodgy food. They seem to be paying attention to every detail & environment in the game though so that's a strong possibility in my book.

I've uploaded scans of the first magazine review anyway. 10/10 and there's a few new things that haven't been announced before. Overall, it's a good read and definitely makes you want the game even more...

http://rapidshare.de/files/39136226/OXM-GTA4-REVIEW.zip.html

Here is a partial view of what the amusement park will look like overhead. Looking good though you can't see the coaster part in this shot. Will be better to see populated. Can spot a few flat rides too (like a pirate ship and a Break Dance type ride), that dark ride ... and a go-kart track

Count on a "trip report" ... this is probably the first place I'll go to in the game. Its island is where you start.

Here are some of the main points from the review worth mentioning (no spoilers, just some gameplay points and listing of radio stations):

* Cars no longer catch fire at the slightest provocation.

* There are several points at which you make life or death decisions between key cast members.

* Comedy clubs feature real comedians.

* "Michelle" is the first girl that Niko hooks up with.

* "Other uses of the phone on missions include calling a target to make him come to the window and into Niko's sniper sight."

* There is a museum called the Libertonian Museum, which features dinosaur fossils and exploding vases. Environments such as these have been created specifically for shootouts, so there's plenty of cover.

* The name of every radio station is revealed:

o WKTT - We Know The Truth (right wing talk radio)

o San Juan Sounds (latin)

o Integrity 2.0 (speech, hosted by Lazlow)

o Liberty City Hardcore (punk/hardcore)

o Liberty Rock Radio 97.8 (classic rock)

o The Vibe 98.8 (soul/R'n'B)

o PLR - Public Liberty Radio (call-in speech)

o The Classics 104.1 (old-skool hip-hop)

o Jazz Nation Radio 108.5 (jazz)

o Vladivostok FM (eastern european)

o Radio Broker (alt rock)

o Tuff Gong Radio (reggae/dub)

o Electro Choc (dance)

o Massive B Soundsystem 96.9 (dance hall)

o IF99 - International Funk (funk)

o The Beat 102.7 (contemporary hip-hop)

o K109 The Studio (disco)

o Fusion FM

o The Journey (ambient/chillout)

3112_gta_iv.thumb.jpg.171354c800b1ef2c3127c91327369362.jpg

fireflyisland-sketch-smaller.thumb.jpg.54d28d2a0534ebb4b6761b7711dc5f5a.jpg

Nah, you no issues.

You have issues if you actually think those two comedians are funny.

Anyway, yeah... it'd be cool if you could move around on the rides. Like when on "Screamer" you could shoot someone while going up the lift or kill everyone on the train, ha.

I am really hoping that they tone down the size of the game.

San Andreas was a pretty amazing game, but the size of the game just overwhelmed me. I've always tried to complete the GTA games 100%, and with with this one I got burned out doing all the side stuff. I actually never completed the game.

I am really excited for this game! It looks amazing from everything Ive seen and read about the game. It has all the elements for an amazing game and I am sure it will not dissapoint.

^ They have said it is a bit smaller but its still huge and they have spent alot more time perfecting everything.

Ricky Gervais is supposed to have recorded some material for the game. I heard there is a misson based round him as well.

I have to laugh at all the 'reviews' that have popped up since OXM did one. People are going on various reviewing and shopping sites and giving the game marks out of ten for graphics, playability, addiction, sound and longevity. They talk about the features, how fun it is, etc etc. Then finish off the review by saying that they cant wait to actually get a chance to play it. What the hell? These sites shouldnt really accept pre-release customer reviews.

Its scary how many folks are so taken up by the hype machine.

What I have also heard is that the cops are much more efficient in the new game.

Personally, I just can't wait to walk and drive around for awhile. I think I'll spend awhile doing that and conducting myself in a legal way before doing any missions, speeding or whatever. Also, I want my first crime to be something a bit special even if it's a failure, not just beating up some random pedestrian on the street.