TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Dragon's Revenge - Schlitterbahn 2008

The Dragon Blaster water coaster at Schlitterbahn has gotten an overhaul/re-theme, and it looks very cool...or hot as the case may be.

http://www.schlitterbahn.com/dragonsrevenge/press.htm

Truly one of the better ride animations I've ever seen too. I already wanted to go down there, now this gives me another reason. Anybody frequent the park here at TPR? Let us know what you think when it opens.

Also I got this explanation from the fact sheet, and this makes it all the more enticing for me. "Special Effects: Spinning tunnels, theatrical lighting, fiber optics, riveting original music, aromatic atmosphere, fog, faux fire and an encounter with an angry dragon."

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hope that in addition to the retheme they have upgraded or 'fixed' this ride. During our visit I saw people getting hurt on this slide one after the other including myself and Bethany. I don't know if it's a design flaw or what cause I certainly know how to 'ride' water coasters and this one was just stupidly painful.

I hope that in addition to the retheme they have upgraded or 'fixed' this ride. During our visit I saw people getting hurt on this slide one after the other including myself and Bethany. I don't know if it's a design flaw or what cause I certainly know how to 'ride' water coasters and this one was just stupidly painful.

What is "wrong" with the ride... how are people getting hurt???

Ok people. Lets get this strait...

1. This is a prototype. It is the first water coaster EVER. Now Master Blaster has tubes that do not let water in from the bottom of the tube so that is part of the problem.

2. This ride is honestly my favorite at the park and as I live in Houston, I go there often (my ride count on DB is 67 times). However, this upgrade is much needed as many people feel like all you do on this ride is go up, up, up, and finally at the end you go down. I think that special effects will help the ride. Now if they can only do the same to family blaster (God that ride sucks).

3. I can understand about what Elissa said about how people were getting hurt, but up to the level that she said is something I have never seen.

Just my opinion on it though...

Like others have said, the first part of the ride is a lot of up, turn, up, turn, turn, up, etc. I saw numerous people get stuck. Then the ride has a pretty decent drop at the end. I saw TONS of people get ejected from their tubes at the bottom of this drop. There isn't a proper runout. It goes from being a very thin film of water to a wall of water like 8 inches deep.

People riding double were ejected off into each other, I ended up sitting on top of Bethany's head! Just doesn't seem engineered quite right.

Yeah. I flipped over onto concrete on the ride. In fact, here is Elissa and Bethany riding:

And the caption I wrote in 2004 was: Little do they know...they are about to flip over in about 2 seconds!

It was a fun slide, I guess, but it didn't impress me. The only impression it left on me was getting hurt.

--Robb

^ Oh, yeah. It was fun. But it's nothing I'd bother with a second time in the same visit. I think overall I felt that Schlitterbahn was fun, but WAY overrated.

--Robb

I feel that way about the Surfenburg section (which I call the chlorine area). The rides in that part are more standard, waterpark-like rides with recycled chlorinated water, and not much charm. Hi-tech rides, yeah, but so what?

I much prefer the older section with the river water in the chutes, the insanely-long tube flumes (do they still have that one that takes about half an hour to get to the end?), and the million-gallon hot tub with the swim-up bar.

Yeah, I can't remember the name of it, but Jeff Siebert was really pushing that old 30-40 minute float ride on last years new show. They were really pushing the older side of the park too, which I personally always find more interesting since it isn't like your typical waterpark. The river water just makes it seem more special to me.

Like others have said, the first part of the ride is a lot of up, turn, up, turn, turn, up, etc. I saw numerous people get stuck. Then the ride has a pretty decent drop at the end. I saw TONS of people get ejected from their tubes at the bottom of this drop. There isn't a proper runout. It goes from being a very thin film of water to a wall of water like 8 inches deep.

People riding double were ejected off into each other, I ended up sitting on top of Bethany's head! Just doesn't seem engineered quite right.

Oh, I get what you're saying! The same thing happened at this ride called "Terror Canyon" in Wet 'n Wild AU. Went from a little stream of water to 8-10 inches! So many people did get flipped over; thankfully I didn't.

1001344kv5.thumb.jpg.8570c99f006b3c9443b9f91a0bae11ec.jpg

Kersploosh!

^ I was there over Christmas break and man, it was funny watching all these people flip. All the slides had like hour lines. The 8 lane racer only had like a 5 minute line, so me and my friend did it like 19 times.

Black hole does the same thing (at a lower speed, however). I don't have any pics, but I canned myself on his head.

edit* hmm why do I have to enable my signature? I enabled it in my profile settings...

• 10 months later...
Yeah. I flipped over onto concrete on the ride. In fact, here is Elissa and Bethany riding:

And the caption I wrote in 2004 was: Little do they know...they are about to flip over in about 2 seconds!

It was a fun slide, I guess, but it didn't impress me. The only impression it left on me was getting hurt.

--Robb

OMG, I remember that. I was surprised that nobody else got flipped.

I also remember that "BackSplash" and the "Crazy River" were the best things in the park.

Didn't we wait like an 45 minutes for Dragon Blaster and like an hour for Master Blaster???

In the video it says any single rider can not weigh more then 250 but 2 people can way up to 400, that makes no sense.

It's about weight distribution. 400lbs concentrated in the back of the raft is quite different from 400lbs spread between two people.

In the video it says any single rider can not weigh more then 250 but 2 people can way up to 400, that makes no sense.

It's about weight distribution. 400lbs concentrated in the back of the raft is quite different from 400lbs spread between two people.

It's TX, and Schlitterbahn doesn't enforce it. I was about 250lb when we rode, nobody said anything to me. I saw people riding who were MUCH bigger than me.

Granted, this was like 4 (or is it 5) years ago, so it may be different now.