TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Do Rides/Roller Coasters Make You Sick/Lightheaded?

Well for me I can't go on spinning rides anymore except a couple I can still handle: the Teacups, Dumbo, Astro Orbitor, One Fish, Two Fish, & Storm Force. Thats about it. That Triple Play at CGA did it for me in 2004. The Berserker & Sponge Bob Boatmobiles even made me feel sick. As far as roller coasters they don't make me sick.....yet. Hopefully I can still go on them for many more years. I sure can't give up roller coasters. Riding roller coasters is my life! Does anybody here handle the rides well w/o getting sick?

Edited by larrygator

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't do to good on rides like the teacups or tilt a whirls. The closest I got to getting sick was on the spider. My friend and I were at a small town fair, we were the only two on the thing, the ride op freaky carnie dude left us on the ride and walked away. We were going around for like 10 minutes. OMG..we both must have been 10 different shades of green when we finally got off. Needless to say, I don't ride any more spider rides.!!

First time I went to CP I felt a little dizzy after back to back ides on Raptor, and then my second time MaXair went one swing too many and made me enter "Ok, that was fun, I'm ready to queue another ride now..." mode. Not really sick, but "that was borderline uncomfortable". Won't prevent me from riding anything multiple times, though.

Ask anyone I know and you will find out that you never want to take me to a carnival. haha

I basically always get sick. My friends about got a surprise when they made me go on one of those Tornadoes where you get to spin the car. I was sick for the rest of the day. And carnies hate me. I almost got one once because he wouldn't let me off the spider and he heard me and saw that I was about to get sick so I threw up in the grass right next to him and nearly got him. He yelled at me and I told him off. Stupid carnies!

I have yet to get sick on a roller coaster, but I cannot do hardly any carnival rides.

It depends on the coaster, but I can't usually ride anything more than 2 or 3 times in a row without having to sit down for about 15 minutes.

As for flats... the milder ones that don't spin much, or rides like Chance Inverters, I can get away with... but if all the stupid thing does is spins, you can pretty much forget trying to get me on it; I'll be dizzy and/or sick the rest of the day.

I think it has something to do with an imbalance in my inner ear... my dad's almost 50, has that problem, and claims he can't even go on carousels without getting sick, and he says it's not genetic. I'm willing to bet it is, though, even though I never have a problem flying for some reason (I would think there would be). Oh well.

I have never gotten sick on a ride. There was one time I came VERY close to vomiting on a roller coaster, and sadly I remember it like it was yesterday. I was on Wildfire at Silver Dollar City. I was in the 4th row back and the person sitting in front of me threw up when we were leaving the loop. The vomit went every where. It went up, down, sideways. I just had to have my mouth open. (Sorry I like screaming on roller coasters) Once the vomit hit me (Keep in mind I had my mouth open) That was it. I almost blew chunks every where. That is the only time I have ever been close to getting sick on a ride. I can re-ride things over and over and still not get sick. It was just that one time.

~Matthew

Rollercoasters don't make me ill or feel sick, i've had jelly legs after going on Nemesis 6 times in a row and due to my imbalance of the inner ear problem I could not walk straight for 5-10 mins afterwards.

When I rode MF I felt slightly dizzy going over the 2nd hill.

I can't ride a Double Big Wheel, Claw of Death, Any rides created by "Chance", vertical Drops are out as well.

Teacups and Waltzers are fine as long as they are not spun really fast for longer than 10 mins.

I have a very weak stomach, so too much of any ride will make my stomach uneasy. While "marathoning" a coaster, I'll often need to sit out for one or two cycles every once in a while. And some rides clearly affect me sooner than others.

It stinks, but I've accepted it.

I got sick after the Imax at Cedar Point.

I have felt ill (without actually puking) on quite a few rides, including Ramses right next to the infamous Bouncy Bouncy which i was fine with. I still don't get that.

after a few rides on an inverted coaster, I'll start to get headaches.

I don't do any rides that have a close proximity spin to them because I do get dizzy and sick from that.

I've even got a little ill on the Star Wars motion simulator at Disneyland. I don't know how a motion simulator gets me going, but for some reason it does.

I've actually had problems with this before, generally even after a coaster I've got to rest for 10 minutes before I'm good to ride another one. The only rides where I've had serious problems are flat rides that spin, and Batman: The Ride. Getting stick at a park isn't much fun, but I've learnt many ways to dealing with it that generally don't detract much from my day.

I know a member that gets sick from teacups.

Its like you have an awesome mind reading capability.

Seriously, those teacups are a killer...I can jump out of a plane (with a parachute, of course), go on any coaster, love the feeling of getting my stomach pulled into my brain.... but its those teacups that I refuse to go on.

Unless, of course, it is at the very end of the day and it makes the people in my group happy.

Happy to see me loose my cookies.