TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Getting stuck on a ride!

• 7 months later...
  • Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

*Sorry to revive an old topic but I didnt want to start a new one that was already here so*

Today I went to Disney and rode Spaceship Earth and we stopped at the top right in the middle of turning backwards to go down, well after 25 minutes of sitting there really sick of the moving stars (I have terrible motion sickness) listening to the man say your vehicle is turning backwards, and having to go to the bathroom it started up again, and then we get down to the ALMOST flat area, and it stops again, so after like 5 minutes we get Evac'd but what happens is what killed me. This lady came and evac'd everyone on the flat surface, and then 2 men walked up the stairs to start at the top, well, the lady then turned around and walked back to the station saying, you will be let out momentarily. I shouldve just told the dude I had to go, and it was either gonna be the floor or the bathroom his choice. Well its not so pleasant being stuck at about a 40-50 degree angle with a mom who has a really bad back, and me having to go to the restroom and still feeling really sick, the op comes by opens the door and says wait till the end of the line, well 10 minutes later another op arrives for the end of the line and just like trys to HEAVE my mom out of the seat, well we eventually got of DEAD LAST, and we got 10 free fastpasses for the rest of the day, still not worth being that sick!

I was ridding SFGAM'S Deja Vu in 2002 early in the season, We completed the forward run and the ride was traveling up the reverse tower when we had reached the top and the ride just stoped instead of dropping the train. We were up at the top for 15-20 min.

I knew when the the park got the ride going we were just going to drop, So here are me and my sister inlaw just siting their waiting and we knew as soon as the ride resumed that we would just drop.

So their we are in the front row 1A sun in our eyes . I no sooner close and start to relax and then bam!. it was one of the biggest surprises I have ever had on a ride. It was the best ride I have ever had on Deja Vu.

I been stuck a few times over the years!!

In 2004 I was stuck on The amazing adventures of Spiderman for 45 minutes!!!

In 2007 I had three incidents I had been stuck on Space Mountain at magic kingdom for 15 minutes,I been stuck in the queue for The Incredible Hulk coaster for 3 hours because of the thunderstorm,I had been in the queue for Dueling dragons for an hour because of the thunderstorms!!!!!

In 2006, I got stuck on 2 different rides!

The first was Skull Mountain (Typhoon Sea Coaster) at SFA. We were going up the final lift into the skull for the finale, then it just stopped about half way up! It was really hot that day and we were stuck for almost 45 minutes lol.

Then at BGE, I got stuck on The Curse of DarKastle. We were going through the ride and it all of a sudden stopped facing some weird statue. Then the ride moved again and we got to the next screen and it was blank. We just sat at the screen moving left to right, hearing the noises and nothing happened. I was so weird. lol

Last year, I got stuck on the lift hill of the Phantom's Revenge while it was raining(the rain started literally the second we pulled out of the station ). The ride-op asked if we wanted to get out, but everyone on our train wanted to stay, so we sat through the rain for 15 minutes until they started it up again. It was still raining as we went through the ride's course, but it was the best ride on the Phantom I've ever had.

I've been pretty fortunate for my ridestop-

Loch Ness Monster, 1992, ACE Day at BGW-

"Nessie", the LOVE of my life, had a temper tantrum, and did a full-stop lockdown as we were on the second lift hill- Resutling in a train in the block brake just above the entrance to the tunnel (The Flatbrake) and us on the 2nd lift- All due to the transfer track sensor going haywire....

Resulting in an up-close and personal walkdown the second lift- and a free day in the park later in the season!

A GREAT Day for me!- although the GP on the train were being less than friendly to the ride herself- saying she was 'dangerous' and the usual dribble of 'we're going to get killed' etc.

P.S.- Nessie was my FIRST tattoo-

I haven't had too much bad luck.

I got stuck in the station after riding Hershey's Roller Soaker for 10 minutes. My restraint wouldn't come up, and neither would the restraints of others. Oddly enough the ride broke down before I rode as well.

A year later I got stuck on Reese's Xtreme Cup Challenge for 5 minutes or so. All of the targets still worked so everyone in my car got record scores.

A couple years ago I got stuck on X-Flight at Six Flags Worlds of Adventure. When the train came back into the station the ride ops couldn't get the seats up, so I was stuck on my back in those uncomfortable seats for about 45 minutes. Other than that, I've been fairly lucky. I've been stuck on lift hills/brake runs for 5/10 min a couple times, but nothing big.

A big group of me and my friends were at SFGAm when Vu was still up.

They all got on the train before us, me and my friend Jeff waited for back another cycle.

Going up Tower 2.

CERPLUNKPLUNKPLUNK.

"Hey Jeff."

"What?"

"I think we're stuck."

It wasn't a normal retraction like we thought it was.

We ended up being stuck on tower two for around 10 minutes.

Then our friends greeted up with cups of water...to our faces.

I've also had three miscatches. 2 on Tower 1. 1 on Tower 2.

More Random Stuff.

-Stuck on American Eage Blue Lift for around 10 minutes.

-Raging Bulls Brake Run for around 10 minutes.

-SUF's Brake Run for 10 minutes.

-One rollback on TTD. That was my second ride on it.

So far only got stuck on a ride and that happened only recently.

During morning ERT at CP we went at 930 h on Maverick. Just before re-entering the station, the ride broke and we had to wait for 30 minutes before we would get out. So we've spent 50 % of the ERT stuck on Maverick.

The first ride I ever got stuck on was Deja Vu at SFGAm. The restraints were stuck closed, and it was fixed in about 20 minutes. The only other ride I was stuck on was Top Thrill Dragster for about the same time as Vu, 20 minutes, for unknown reasons.

A year later I got stuck on Reese's Xtreme Cup Challenge for 5 minutes or so. All of the targets still worked so everyone in my car got record scores.

That's awesome. I got stuck on Florida's Tower of Terror for five minutes. It was right at the end, so some lady was convinced another elevator was going to come down on us. Then the lights went out at around the last minute and some little kid yelled were going to the Twilight

Zone.

Six Flags America.

Jokers Jinx.

Ride-op Counts down 3-2-1 Blastoff.

And we move about a foot.

The 2 trains stuck on the breakrun were evacuated, and we just exited like we just got off the ride. The ride didn't open for the rest of the day.

We got a "free ride" pass on Superman ROS, and got to bypass a 2 hr line in the afternoon.

I also got stuck on SooperDooperLooper. The train didn't go more then 10ft out of the station and only the first 2 or 3 cars got on the lift hill. We were there for only mabye 10 mins, and got a 5$food voucher from staff, which was a nice touch.

I've gotten stuck on two coasters. First one; Robin: The Chiller, Didn't get back to the station, and i didn't notice for awhile because i was too mad about the rolls being gone. Then i realized... hey... we're stopped.. and got to walk along the launch track.

The 2nd, Dragon at Bowcraft Amusement park. The 2nd lift didn't work so we valleyed. That was my first time on the ride and all i could think is "Does this count!? did i ride it!?"

When I was in my teens we got stuck on the Snow White ride at WDW. It was cool when they turned on the lights and we walked down the last third of the ride. It looked really cheesy, but was cool nonetheless. Since then i've been hoping to get stuck on another dark ride, but no luck so far.