TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Downhill biking

Some years ago during a holiday in Switzerland, we took our bike by cablelift to the top of a mountain in the Wallis area. We started at a height of more than 3000 meters and went down to the valley which was at 600 meters. We did this a few times and each ride was one crazy descent from top to valley. And each descent was such an adrenaline rush.

Now, I just came across the video on the following site.

Our rides were far from that insane but I felt the rush again while watching this video.

Anybody else who likes downhill biking ?

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That is a very cool video. I love any kind of biking, but downhill is a lot of fun.

This one is a lot cooler though. Mountain Unicycling. What this guy does is incredible. Trust me, it is hard enough just to ride a uncycle, let laone do what he does. The leg strength it takes is amazing.

^^^

Did you do this???

Are you out of your mind.

I wouldn't do that for anything in the world.

Our rides were not that insane and only at some points near an edge. The rides were still pretty wild and exciting though, especially when we took shortcuts at some points going down the hill very steep.

The only downhill biking I've done is 35 miles down from the top of Haleakala, the tallest dormant volcano in the world, on Maui. It was a paved road though .

But for a while we were riding way above a blanket of clouds so it was pretty wicked.

I thought the same thing about it making a cool coaster.

Krouvi - I did A LOT of biking in Israel a few month ago. absolutely amazing. The Negev is an incredible place to go take a ride. Golan ofcourse provides some great biking. I also rode through Tel Aviv. Beautiful place.