TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

dark ride at Nickelodeon Universe?

So does anyone have any dirt on phase II? Is the Log Chute being removed? If not, why does a big banner say "Future Home of Back At The Barnyard Party Animals" above it? And what's going on in the former Stampede Steakhouse?

And why does the Spongebob Square Pants Rock Bottom Plunge make disturbing squealing noises on ascent? Do all Eurofighters do this?

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Back at The Barnyard is sadly going to be the new theme of the Log Chute. Green Slime Falls, one of the ideas I was looking forward to, was canned due to cost, and this idea is supposed to be less costly. I think that is a big mistake, considering Slime is never dated, yet the show they are theming it to could be canceled at any moment. When it is, it'll end up like The Wild Thornberrys River Adventure, where the show is obsolete and no one has a clue as to who the characters are. That's my problem with NickU, the shows featured could be canned at any moment, heck, Danny Phantom, Jimmy Neutron, Rugrats, and Blue's Clues are already canceled, yet they got rides. The park is basically like Tomorrowland, it dates itself. They're going to have to spend another million bucks to bring it up to date in ten years.

Your title says "dark ride at Nickelodeon Universe". They will not be getting a dark ride as they already have one and there is too little space in there to have repeat rides.

In Phase 2, the Log Chute will be rethemed, Orange Streak will be repainted to have bright orange track and lime gree supports (Cosmo the fairy type color), and retheming other rides that have not already been rethemed. Phase 3 is when they will demolish the old Stampede Steakhouse buildings for a new ride (currently a rumor). Nothing is in the buildings but it is a very long piece of land for a new ride.

BTW, even though the four series you mentioned were canceled, they are still very popular and Nick still runs re-runs of them unlike the Wild Thornberry's.

Because the shows are canceled, they will be phased out. Don't be surprised if the reruns end by next year. Just because they are popular now doesn't mean they will remain popular. Essentially, it's more cost-effective if they use the Slime theme as opposed to Back at The Barnyard because Slime is a Nick staple and is absent in the entire park, while Barnyard is a show that'll last 4 seasons, max. It's not a big gigantic hit like Spongebob. With Slime, they won't have to retheme the ride 7 years in, which will cost a nice chunk of money. The park is awesome, yes, but it's not going to be awesome in 6 years when all of the properties will be outdated. Kids'll be asking their parents who Spongebob and Danny are and their parents will be confused, as they never watched Nick in the first place. Should they know, they'll wonder where the current characters are. Of all the shows in NickU, Rugrats and Spongebob should be the only ones that remain popular, as they have lasted the longest and been popular for most of their run.

Back on topic however, they will probably retheme their current darkride before they build a new one.

• 3 months later...

I found out from a ride operator what's going in where I thought a dark ride might be in the former location of the Stampede Steakhouse - a two story American Girl store and restaurant. Two stories & about 2/3 the width of the Sponge Bob Eurofighter. Ugh.

I'm sorry, but I think that's a huge waste of space. American Girl should be out in the mall, not in the park.

Sounds like something Paul Pressler would do if he was running the parks. Gotta wonder if Nickelodeon approved it or not, because that is a huge waste of space in an already starved-for-land park. Thumbs down, MOA. Thumbs way down.

Yeah, American Girl should not even breathe on Nickelodeon Universe. Ghost Blasters is already a decent dark ride but could be rethemed maybe as another Danny Phantom ride. I'm hoping for a Legends of the Hidden Temple themed log ride. I know I'll be wrong but I'll keep my options open.

HA! I can just imagine it now, you're floating through the PB and Babe scene, and instead it's the shrine of the silver monkey and there's some animatronic of a girl who can't get the head on and you hear Kurt yelling "Ohh she's having some trouble.. OH A TEMPLE GUARD!"

a two story American Girl store and restaurant. Two stories & about 2/3 the width of the Sponge Bob Eurofighter. Ugh.

I'm sorry, but I think that's a huge waste of space. American Girl should be out in the mall, not in the park.

Exactly. That's decent ride space and there's an expansion to the mall being planned. Put AG there.