TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Hersheypark (HP) Discussion Thread

51 minutes ago, Canobie Coaster said:

We tried going to Chocolatier this past weekend, but it was a 5 hour wait when we tried putting our name in around 5, so they stopped taking names.  At least the nearby Primanti's wasn't a bad back-up plan!

Yeah, we originally were planning on doing it Tuesday after leaving the park; even on Tuesday the waitlist was 90 minutes at 5 PM. We just ended up heading back to the Hershey Lodge and eating over there instead. Wednesday we made sure to get there a little before opening, and we were fifth in line. Scored one of the sweet Tilt-A-Whirl tables, too!

53 minutes ago, Canobie Coaster said:

As for Fahrenheit, it closed early on both Saturday and Sunday.  It was cycling empty test trains at the end of both days, so I'm not sure what's going on with that ride.  It opened late in my prior visit to the park earlier this year.  In the past, it's usually really reliable.

Just looking at Queue-Times, it looks like it's been down consistently for the past three days now. Definitely hope they can get it up and running again soon. Stinks that two out of the three Intamins are currently down, but them's the breaks I guess.

• Replies 10.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Way to walk around vlogging with your masks off all day. Also, some constructive criticism: the music in your vlogs absolutely blows.  

Let's just leave it at this and talk about the park. I get why this came up today. It's newsworthy for sure but this is going to go off the rails. People try to find every single opportunity to inject

Back row. That way, she'll never want to ride another roller coaster again and you can save money by leaving her at home.

Posted Images

Sounds like they've got a test train/dummies out on Storm Runner and have been rolling it through the launch track.

• Like 2

Can not wait to finally get back to this park on 6/27, its' been quite a few years. Loving that Storm Runner opened back up just in time and can not wait to finally try Candymonium.

My question is about their line skipper option. Its a steep $120 a person on 6/27 and I probably won't buy into it. But just in case I feel like being spontaneous is their system worth it? I know years ago when the program first started it was a paper system that seemed very convoluted and they had assigned seats for line skipper people. So, I see you get a bracelet now. Is theirs like Cedar Fair where you just get in line when you want to ride and that line joins the regular one or is there still a set row/seat you have to use for the coasters?

3 hours ago, alilstronger said:

Can not wait to finally get back to this park on 6/27, its' been quite a few years. Loving that Storm Runner opened back up just in time and can not wait to finally try Candymonium.

My question is about their line skipper option. Its a steep $120 a person on 6/27 and I probably won't buy into it. But just in case I feel like being spontaneous is their system worth it? I know years ago when the program first started it was a paper system that seemed very convoluted and they had assigned seats for line skipper people. So, I see you get a bracelet now. Is theirs like Cedar Fair where you just get in line when you want to ride and that line joins the regular one or is there still a set row/seat you have to use for the coasters?

I had the Fast Track Unlimited for my trip in 2020.  It is indeed a wristband (with a RFID chip in it) that you need to touch to a panel in each FTU queue; that got kinda annoying since it didn't really work that well, but on the positive side most employees didn't care.

As for how it actually works, yes, each coaster has a separate queue with a merge point where you join the regular line; none have designated seating.  Where this merge point is varies by ride.  From what I remember, Fahrenheit and Great Bear are the only ones where the FTU line goes all the way to the station.  On SkyRush, Comet, Lightning Racer, Candymonium, and Wildcat, the merge is DEFINITELY right before the stairs/ramp to go up to the station.  Storm Runner and SuperDooperLooper were closed last year, so I'm not sure where the merge is for those....and any of the other rides I don't remember.

As for if it's worth it?  If it's busy, which it will be, I'd say yes.  Fahrenheit and Great Bear especially, but even on Skyrush you skip a large portion of the queue, and if you're not waiting for the front, it's definitely reasonable.