TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Hersheypark (HP) Discussion Thread

• 2 weeks later...

I'm really surprised to see how cheap Fast Track is during Candylane. The rides available are Laff Trakk, Reese's Cupfusion, Hershey Triple Tower, Sidewinder, sooperdooperLooper, Wild Mouse, and Wildcat. Once on each ride is $10 - $20, unlimited is $25 - $40. Paying $10 on a Sunday seems like a steal, just for Cupfusion and Laff Trakk alone which could easily have 60+ minute waits for each.

It will be interesting to see how many more people will be using the system at those prices. I rarely see anyone using it during the regular season and combined with 1 train running on SDL and possibly Wildcat, it could slow lines down. Unlike HITP at Great Adventure the few coasters running at Hershey this time of year can get 30 - 60 minute waits on more crowded days.

I'm really surprised to see how cheap Fast Track is during Candylane. The rides available are Laff Trakk, Reese's Cupfusion, Hershey Triple Tower, Sidewinder, sooperdooperLooper, Wild Mouse, and Wildcat. Once on each ride is $10 - $20, unlimited is $25 - $40. Paying $10 on a Sunday seems like a steal, just for Cupfusion and Laff Trakk alone which could easily have 60+ minute waits for each.

The Laff Trakk merge point is at the entrance to the funhouse portion of the queue, which if it's full, could be 15-20 minutes before you get to ride. It's not that great of a steal (and not that great of a merge point, but that's par for the course for most of these merges here).

That's a shame to hear another coaster has a bad merge point. I didn't realize the merge point was that far back since I have only ridden the coaster a few times when the line is only into the first switchback in that room or shorter (I had thought the merge point was right before the path to the station). Maybe it's the same with Cupfusion as well.

So, as stated before, you go from a 60+ wait time to around 15-20 min wait? And people would consider that a shame? even with it costing 10-20 dollars? What more could someone want? The entire park themselves with no wait???

I agree 15 - 20 minutes isn't that bad for that coaster but I was disappointed to hear that it's another coaster with a merge point further back in the queue. There are times at other coasters where it can still be a long wait with Fast Track with the regular line not much longer than that because of how far back the merge points are and that they are allowed to fill to that point.

I have seen at Storm Runner with 1 train running where you could save no time with Fast Track with the line to the bottom of the stairs and there is no one in the regular line past that point and the line is still around 30 minutes. Sometimes the person at the merge point keeps the stairs into the station clear but that doesn't happen too often. It's the same with Wildcat, sometimes the ramp to the station is allowed to fill up, other times everyone is held back in the switchbacks to keep the ramp clear.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Harrisburg has an airport that's serviced by Delta, United, American, Frontier (woot woot) and Alleigant. It's about 11 miles from the park.

If you want a larger airport then the DC area airports (IAD and BWI) or PHL would be your best bets.

Harrisburg has an airport that's serviced by Delta, United, American, Frontier (woot woot) and Alleigant. It's about 11 miles from the park.

If you want a larger airport then the DC area airports (IAD and BWI) or PHL would be your best bets.

My guy! Harrisburg it is. Thanks!

Damn that's a great looking video. I'd love to visit this year but HP is a tough park to get to without a car. What, the best case would be fly into Philly and then it's about a 2.5 hour drive to the park?

Fly into allentown and ill pick you up and we can go together.

Not for nothing, this is honestly super effin cool if you think about it. Who would have predicted that any park would at one point have a B&M and Intamin hyper right next to each other? Both the same-ish height/speed, four across seating, lift hills facing the same direction, etc. Its comical. But its also totally awesome. Poop and pee colored too. Also, Candy/Crush.

SSHP.png.e772b68148b0ad1839e5baa04af22557.png