TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Hersheypark (HP) Discussion Thread

So, after reading all of these reviews, it seems there has been another hidden positive of Hershey building SkyRush: you can dominate the rest of the park first thing in the morning, as long as you save SkyRush for later in the day.

From my experience on Sky Rush (4 times) that's the only good thing. I'll be back this week to try to like it.

This came in an email today.....for anyone who is going and staying overnight!!!!

So, they added Skyrush to the attractions that open with Hersheypark Sweet Start. Nice! I wish they would've done that on opening day.

Has anyone heard anything more about the Skyrush restraint reconfiguration? Maybe reconfiguration isn't the right word... Anyway though, has anyone heard anything?

Yeah, I'd love to know more if there's any news out there. It would be great if they could actually accomplish that during the season (without major disruptions) instead of waiting.

Yeah, but even adding more padding can't be done in a week or so during the season, unless they would pull a Fuji-Q and simply add massive amounts of padding everywhere but where it's necessary and wrap it up in some thick fabric with a zipper or lacing. I think Hersheypark is classier than that though.

They most likely have to remove each restraint from each seat, load 'em up, and ship them to the Ralph Alberts company in Montoursville PA (they do molding for a lot of restraint systems across the US). There, they probably have to completely remove the current padding and re-mold it to a new specification before shipping it back.

They most likely have to remove each restraint from each seat, load 'em up, and ship them to the Ralph Alberts company in Montoursville PA (they do molding for a lot of restraint systems across the US). There, they probably have to completely remove the current padding and re-mold it to a new specification before shipping it back.

And since a process like this would be rather lengthy, we most likely won't see it happen until the off-season. Hershey probably isn't willing to close their star attraction for an indefinite period of time simply to reconfigure the restraints. One possible solution is to reconfigure one train at a time in order to keep the other running, but we already know how poor Skyrush's capacity is during two-train operation. So there's a good chance it won't happen until the off-season.

Unless the park announces they are reconfiguring the noodles, this is nothing more than hot air. I think this started with wishful thinking and a hopeful reading of one of Lance's posted rumors. Selfishly, my only hope is to get there before HP trims Skyrush to death to quash the complaints.

I was at the park yesterday - Monday afternoon. They only had 1 train running, but they were moving the line effectively. They were doing the best with the same load / off load platform. I rode it 2x with once in the middle. The ride IMO is better in the middle than the wing springboard effect. I've not had a problem with the noodles, but I'm a marathon rider that enjoys the abuse.

The clock is broke on the building. It's stuck at 3:00. At least it's right 2x a day.

They fixed the clock this afternoon on the Sky Rush building. The ride needs some work... One train, but good dispatches. Tomorrow - Wednesday my last day here. I rode it 2x again today (row 2 outside), and I'm still not a fan. I guess I'm just an inside kind of guy.