TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Hersheypark (HP) Discussion Thread

• Replies 10.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Way to walk around vlogging with your masks off all day. Also, some constructive criticism: the music in your vlogs absolutely blows.  

Let's just leave it at this and talk about the park. I get why this came up today. It's newsworthy for sure but this is going to go off the rails. People try to find every single opportunity to inject

Back row. That way, she'll never want to ride another roller coaster again and you can save money by leaving her at home.

Posted Images

Man, I can't believe the lightweight coaster riders posting in this forum. I agree with the moderator Robb. Get a new hobby!

I rode it 8 times this weekend. I'm not a big strong person, but NO sore thighs, and the air didn't hurt at ALL!!!! I do think I left a wetspot on the seats, though.

So, the more airtime a ride produces, the better shaped the lap bars have to be so it won`t hurt, right ???

What I would like to know is...do you guys who already rode Skyrush think that with a better shaped lap bar or better padding Skyrush would be significantly more comfortable ???

If yes, then there`s a HUGE difference between complaining about strong negative g`s... or just too "unergonomic" lap bars !

The lap bars possibly could have been more ergonomic, but I also think they will soften up a bit over time. I'm sure once Hershey gets their dispatch times better, this will be much less of an issue. I'd also like to point out that Skyrush has been operating well with no real problems for those Intamin nay sayers.

Honestly, one little complaint doesn't change my opinion on Skyrush. It's an utterly fantastic ride that every coaster enthusiast should ride before they die! The next time I am at the park, I'm going to ride it as many times as I can. It's just that good.

I'd also like to point out that Skyrush has been operating well with no real problems for those Intamin nay sayers.

Thank-you for pointing that out.

...After reading the early reviews, it sounds like another great Intamin!!!

^ Honestly, I'd suggest not riding SkyRush at all. I mean, who wants airtime on a roller coaster to begin with, and anything that has LOTS of airtime, OMG, skip it! I think you're better off marathoning Trailblazer most of the day!

Trailblazer? Too intense. I think I'm going to stick with the Xtreme Cup Challenge all day, and if I'm feeling courageous I might take a spin on the Chocolate World tour.

So, the more airtime a ride produces, the better shaped the lap bars have to be so it won`t hurt, right ???

What I would like to know is...do you guys who already rode Skyrush think that with a better shaped lap bar or better padding Skyrush would be significantly more comfortable ???

If yes, then there`s a HUGE difference between complaining about strong negative g`s... or just too "unergonomic" lap bars !

For me, the problem was the shape/hardness of the lapbar 100%, not the airtime. It sits on your thighs differently than the restraints on i305, El Toro, and SFNE's Bizarro (all of which I've marathoned without pain).

Edited by ahecht

The only real, actual complaint I have about Skyrush is the station design, which could be one of the worst I've ever seen. What crazy drunken Swiss lunatic thought it would be a good idea to load and unload on the same side of the station? Was there absolutely no way to unload on the other side? It absolutely MURDERS dispatch times, and at a park that already struggles mightily with capacity, that's pretty bad.

Interesting about the station loading. You can understand it for the rides where you have to have this, like X2, Wild Eagle, X Flight, etc. But its not like the trains were designed where you couldn't easily cross all four seats.

Anyways, looks like a minor mistake in what otherwise appears to be a masterpiece of a ride!

I searched "skyrush" on twitter, and the messages seem to be a 80-20 split between "amazing" and "hurt like hell".

So there's one unscientific GP poll.

Guys, we really should stop arguing about the coaster and go back to discussing the fact that they're still showing Piers' Karaoke video from last year!!! AMAZING!!!!

I have to imagine that the decision to load all on one side comes from the ride breaking away from the structure of Comet only enough to house the station and the transfer track right next to it. Stairs leaving the station from the Comet side wouldn't be able to leave from the back side because of the transfer switch being in the way, and stairs leaving from the front side might run into a problem running around the switchbacks, between the lift and Comet's return run, and meeting up with the main path without interfering with SDL's turn into the final brakes. It's a really tight area they squeezed this ride into, so one-side loading/unloading might've been the most plausible thing to do.

That's not to say that the decision doesn't blow and royally screw over capacity.

Guys, we really should stop arguing about the coaster and go back to discussing the fact that they're still showing Piers' Karaoke video from last year!!! AMAZING!!!!

That really is the most amazing thing! I still remember the huge crowd that stopped to watch it when they first showed it. I've never seen a group that big before for a karaoke video. Still my absolutely favorite music video! (Number two is another "TPR" related video, Leslie Hall Tight Pants!)

Thanks for reminding me why I love this site so much

... El Toronto...

Autocorrect? I would love to see a Canada-themed Intamin Prefab! If it means that another one gets built in North America (or just another one gets built, period).

I have to imagine that the decision to load all on one side comes from the ride breaking away from the structure of Comet only enough to house the station and the transfer track right next to it. Stairs leaving the station from the Comet side wouldn't be able to leave from the back side because of the transfer switch being in the way, and stairs leaving from the front side might run into a problem running around the switchbacks, between the lift and Comet's return run, and meeting up with the main path without interfering with SDL's turn into the final brakes. It's a really tight area they squeezed this ride into, so one-side loading/unloading might've been the most plausible thing to do.

That's not to say that the decision doesn't blow and royally screw over capacity.

They worked with the space they could.

Ideally, they could have lengthened the station for separate load and unload spot if they had done a sloped brake run on the other side of the Comet. But for whatever the reason, they kept the clearance of the track over the station roof substantial and the drop into the final brakes is bigger in person than it appears in pictures, so I assume the final brakes had to be lengthy enough to accommodate that drop and still stop the train comfortably.

Oh, for crying out loud, it's not that bad.

All the other rides in the park never open the station gates until everyone gets off the train and clears off the platform anyway! I don't see a problem here!