TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Hersheypark (HP) Discussion Thread

• Replies 10.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Way to walk around vlogging with your masks off all day. Also, some constructive criticism: the music in your vlogs absolutely blows.  

Let's just leave it at this and talk about the park. I get why this came up today. It's newsworthy for sure but this is going to go off the rails. People try to find every single opportunity to inject

Back row. That way, she'll never want to ride another roller coaster again and you can save money by leaving her at home.

Posted Images

Hey guys, I NEED to know about what the lines/d will be on Wednesday/Thursday of next week, and about how long skyrush's will be. Thanks!

Hi - let's just stop and think about this for a moment - SkyRush hasn't even been open yet on a Wednesday/Thursday.... EVER.... so how is anyone supposed to be able to predict how long the line will be?

Assume the line will be LONG, and anything shorter is a bonus.

There's your answer.

I wouldn't say that Wildcat has gotten any better, but it never pulverized my insides to mush to begin with. It's pretty rough, but it's nowhere near the worst ride in the world.

Since apparently there's never a queue for it, it's certainly worth a ride as you pass by it as you go to Lightning Racer. The back seat was pretty fun.

As of last summer, my best rides were the first and second row. Anything further back was mush inducing. By best rides I mean I came off with a headache at a dull roar that kept me from riding anything beyond the monorail for several hours.

I wouldn't say that Wildcat has gotten any better, but it never pulverized my insides to mush to begin with. It's pretty rough, but it's nowhere near the worst ride in the world.

Since apparently there's never a queue for it, it's certainly worth a ride as you pass by it as you go to Lightning Racer. The back seat was pretty fun.

It certainly wasn't the worst ride, and I do actually enjoy it's layout...a LOT...but it was REALLY rough when we rode it last year. It used to be in my top 5 wood coasters in the late 90s. I wish they could do something to it to make it AWESOME again.

It is certainly a great layout. I wonder if Great Coasters will come in sometime in the near future and give Wildcat some nice re-tracking? It would be a great way to get Wildcat back to what it once was and would probably be a good "between big new attractions" development.

We rode Wildcat Friday night about 3 or 4 rows from the back, and it certainly wasn't as rough as last year (which was the worst I've experienced on that ride). I'm chalking it up to offseason maintenance, so it might be bad again bu the time TPR rolls through there.

Hey guys, I NEED to know about what the lines/d will be on Wednesday/Thursday of next week, and about how long skyrush's will be. Thanks!

Hi - let's just stop and think about this for a moment - SkyRush hasn't even been open yet on a Wednesday/Thursday.... EVER.... so how is anyone supposed to be able to predict how long the line will be?

There's your answer.

LOL I know this, I just wanted to know the average crowds at HP on a wednesday, so we could make a educated guess because our schedule is very unstable so it might cancel if we can't ride anything..

EDIT: Nevermind, this has been pushed at least 2 weeks down the line

I ride my first lap about 15 minutes ago, and I am giddy waiting for a quick second go. Absolutely amazing, it is definitively in my top three rides.

There's your answer.

Bingo!

FWIW, It is a busy Sunday and the line that over-flowed the queue now only fills two full switchbacks. My wife refused to re-ride, she feels too exposed. She figures most try it once and find out they have passed their limit.

Wildcat was much rougher this weekend than I remembered it being last time I was at Hershey. However my last trip to Hershey was 8 years ago, and I remembered Wildcat being no rougher than Lightning Racer.

It certainly wasn't the worst ride, and I do actually enjoy it's layout...a LOT...but it was REALLY rough when we rode it last year. It used to be in my top 5 wood coasters in the late 90s. I wish they could do something to it to make it AWESOME again.

Same. I rode it the first year they had the Millennium Flyer trains and liked it a lot--last year at ECB, not so much.

So as I was walking towards Wildcat today, we passed by the Karaoke booth. My sister and I joked in reminiscince of the famous Piers video. Literally just as we wrapped up our conversation, we looked up at the monitors playing demonstrations and saw this.

1393536698_IMG_3436(1024x768).thumb.jpg.2e75d1502c104a131d12811603d42f69.jpg

Made. My. Life.

For those who don't get the reference, here's the original video.

Yeah, regarding Wildcat...rode it back row today and found it to be really brutal.

As for the park today, It was interesting. It was crowded and the lines weren't too long, but operations were brutal. Still got on SkyRush 3 more times and had some great rides with Andrew and I's SkyRush brace position for the insane negatives. Too bad storms at 7:30 shut down the park for the night, as the line was almost non existant around then, but oh well! Great weekend

Crews were freaking slow for the most part..I don't know if it was the humidity or too early in the season.

And Skyrush..the slow unloading guests are really help make my case against bags and loose items at least on crowded platforms. I think if they didn't allow bags in line, it could be big help to what is automatically going to be a slightly slower dispatch cycle since they have to wait for people to leave the platform to start loading guests. People gathering their belongings bring disembarking to a crawl every time.